Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Season Change Question

Posted by niklpenny 
Season Change Question
November 05, 2013 01:31PM
here is a players poll about the SNAC/SNPC and the impending season calendar shift.
[www.easypolls.net]

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
Re: Season Change Question
November 05, 2013 01:46PM
Will the SNPC stay on Labor Day weekend if the "season" ends differently?
November 05, 2013 01:55PM
The season is going to shift to calendar year in 2015. what we are trying to figure out is how to adjust the current season and next season to align with that.
The 2014 SNPC will not move, beginning in 2015 the SNPC will be Memorial Day weekend instead of Labor day weekend.

November 05, 2013 08:19PM
Why not end this season as scheduled, then have a year and a half long season? It would make for some huge SNC's in two years.
November 05, 2013 08:47PM
We would have to give up 1 year if usdgc qualification if we did that and we are not gonna do that

November 12, 2013 08:53PM
Has anyone called Harold and talked to him about this? He may be able to come up with a way to help if the USDGC is a sticking point. Let me know if this is something that I can help with as I know Harold well from my days as the PDGA rep for MS.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
November 12, 2013 09:17PM
The USDGC has given us Memorial day weekend

November 13, 2013 08:18PM
I am not sure what that comment means, but I did not hear a request for help, so I guess you guys are on it.

Shane

November 13, 2013 08:46PM
The USDGC has allowed us to maintain the SNPC's qualifier status when the SNPC date is changed to Memorial Day weekend. In fact, they even prefer the change in date since Labor Day weekend only allowed roughly 1 month to plan for those qualified players from previous SNPCs.

I hope this helps, Shane.
November 13, 2013 09:18PM
Thanks for that. It will definitely help from a registration point for the state rep vs SN qualifiers as well. Thanks again and wish you guys the best of luck! Keep at it.

Shane

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013