Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meeting Minutes for Nov 8th 2013

Posted by bigal5657 
Meeting Minutes for Nov 8th 2013
November 07, 2013 11:39PM
Members in Attendance: Chuck Burdine, Adam Morrow, Allan Morrow, Ryan Niccolini, and Johnathan Nyce.

Updates: New Website Beta version will be ready by Nov 16th. After that we will also have a quote for new site.

50 Shirts and 50 Towels will be purchased for $480 on Saturday November 9th from Pollchaps.

Bag Tag final approval will be done on Friday, November 8th. Tags will be ordered and be in before November 23rd. (Should be in 20th)

1. Motion to reduce suspensions of Mike Kernan - Suspended for multiple hijacked threads and improper emailed tournament request(s) and Dillon Gourley - for repeated foul language and thread hijacking, to Dec 26th, 2013 (90 Days from suspension date). After suspension is up both players will be on a six month probation period and will not be given any warnings as to next offenses. If they violate these they will finish out the remainder of original suspensions (Dec 31st, 2014). Motion carried 4-1

2. Motion to produce email sent to Allan from Mike Kernan about the Pot of Gold tourney. The email contained improper tournament request and said someone was the official TD that was not. Motion carried 3-2

3. Motion to revisit Deposit issue for tournaments. We ended up splitting this issue into two separate votes.
A. Motion to have deposits of $20 on new, first-time (have never run an SN event) TDs. Motion carries 3-2.
B. Motion to have deposits of $20 on TDs that have been delinquent (60 Days late on most recent tournament) for one event to get back into good standing. Motion carries 5-0

Next meeting set for November 21st at 8pm

Email From Kernan to Allan Morrow (hyzernation@gmail.com)

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/15/2013 2:19 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: hyzernation@gmail.com
Subject: 2014 Pot of Gold

Dear Dooshnozzles,

Please put the 2014 Pot of Gold on the SN schedule for Sat. March 15.

TD will be Joe Burback.

P.S. any shenanigans and we'll switch to pDGA.

Thanks, and keep sucking,

NO Team

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 11:02AM by bigal5657.
Re: Meeting Minutes for Nov 8th 2013
November 08, 2013 08:58AM
Dooshnozzes? You gotta admit, he has a way with words.

Thanks to all....even the dooshnozzle that voted no. (not serious)
November 08, 2013 11:00AM
We agreed to hold the next meeting on November 21st not the 16th.
November 10, 2013 11:05AM
I assume Byron Smith eventually paid his delinquent fees from the 2012 GCBC Doubles tournament. He was one of the TDs I called out by name in another thread when the 2013 SNDC was stiffed. He currently has an event on the tournament page.
November 10, 2013 12:29PM
Yes those fees were taken care of, Jacques.
November 11, 2013 01:42PM
Oh no,, that is so so terrible of an email..

What a joke this all has become,

Terry Zeringue
November 11, 2013 07:03PM
He named a TD, who in fact did not want to be the TD, and already voiced that.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
November 12, 2013 06:46PM
Hey guys keep in mind that when the tournament request for the POG was emailed to you on the 15th of October that i was in fact the TD in mind for this event. Approximately an hour after you receiving your email i also received an email from Mike with the information and forms needed to contact the park and request permission to host the event. The following weekend me and Mike sat down to discuss the details of the tournament and then decided to go with a different td, this change was not shared until this past week ( in Nov.) when asked via text. I hope this helps clear up any questions in regards to the original TD listed for this event, as it was true at the time of the request.

Thanks

Joe
November 12, 2013 09:57PM
Joe, we contacted you the day the email was received 10/15/13 to verify that you were indeed going to be the POG TD, since the request wasn't sent by you. Your response to us was that you did not want to be the TD. When you stated that you did not want to be the TD we understood that to mean that this request sent by Mike was a improper request, and the reason the tournament was not placed on the schedule.

Just wanting to make sure everyone understands what transpired in this situation.
November 12, 2013 10:19PM
Oh, what a tangled web we weave....
November 13, 2013 12:24AM
Seems pretty clear that "I was the td in mind for this event" does not = I had agreed to be the td or I even knew about being designated as the td prior to the email. If joe had not agreed or did not intend to td before the email then the email was false and the bod did a great job in catching that. No event should be set by the SN without a communicative td IMO. Of course I would not punish the sender for these facts without hearing their story if offered.
November 13, 2013 10:37AM
THIS IS ALL A JOKE!!!!!

Terry Zeringue
November 13, 2013 10:46AM
Discjazz i would say it is pretty clear that i was the intended td for the POG when at the last Noteam meeting, a couple months prior to the email, I stated in the meeting that i would be willing to run the 2014 POG, with over 20 in attendance for the meeting you can ask around it was no secret.

As for the conversation Jonathan, Allen did contact me and we spoke about the email in question which I stated a distaste for, I had no idea Mike was going to be name calling and at the same time announcing that i was going to be the TD for the tournament. I had no problem with being named the td, but did have a problem with the rest of the email. I did say to Allen that I was not wanting to be the td for this tournament at that point but it was to be left for further discusssion when i met with Mike.
November 13, 2013 11:38AM
Well thanks Joe but what I am reading is still a bit short of a defense. "i was the intended td" does not cut it because it does not reveal who all was doing the intending. Saying that you "would be willing" does not cut it either. Either you agreed to be the td without reservation and with the full support of all necessary parties or not. Nothing short of that would make the td representation truthful. You have no obligation to make a clear and concise statement about this but all the hemming and hawing about it makes the sender look guilty of misrepresentation, albeit with good friends.
November 20, 2013 10:17AM
So y'all gave in huh BOD?? What a shame!

After he clearly threatened y'all with a PDGA switch? And called u names and told you that y'all suck. WTF?

Tony Bass signing off for good!! (disappointed).....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 10:19AM by sand2bass2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013