Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

6.9.3 SN Board approvals

Posted by Discjazz 
6.9.3 SN Board approvals
January 28, 2014 07:11AM
6.9.3 SN Board approvals

Is there a practice or procedure for these?
Re: 6.9.3 SN Board approvals
January 28, 2014 07:55AM
When the rule was discussed while I was on that Board... The idea was for events that would fall into that catogory to inform the Board, also they needed to inform the players ahead of time. It was also discussed that these events would be 2 point max. but I don't believe that was ever followed through.

Proper procedure would be informing the Board when sending in sanctioning request.
January 28, 2014 09:38AM
I think you are saying placement on the schedule is board approval. Players don't typically get to see the sanctioning request. I imagine the board has never turned down a mulligan use request and would not deny points to players after the fact. So really all that matters for points purposes is the schedule. Is that correct or is there a scenario in which a player could be in an event but not get the points they expected other than TD failure to pay fees?
January 28, 2014 09:45AM
Discjazz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you are saying placement on the schedule
> is board approval. Players don't typically get to
> see the sanctioning request. I imagine the board
> has never turned down a mulligan use request and
> would not deny points to players after the fact.
> So really all that matters for points purposes is
> the schedule. Is that correct or is there a
> scenario in which a player could be in an event
> but not get the points they expected other than TD
> failure to pay fees?

Failure to turn in results
If a player failed to complete a single round
If a player got DQ'ed
If a player purposely quit to regain lower level of play status.
Tournament failed to complete 18 holes

This is all off of memory and I didn't go back and look for rules to support all of this.
January 28, 2014 11:07AM
Sorry Eric. I did not mean to get you into all the ways a player might have no claim to points. I am just asking about the 6.9.3 scenario in which a TD has decided to do something contrary to PDGA rules that apply to SN events absent "board approval". I haven't thought of 6.9.3. issues other than mulligans but imagine someone will. So let me re-phrase my question hopefully a little better. Can the board de-sanction an event after the fact because of lack of notice of mulligan use in the sanctioning request, even though the players knew mulligans would be used and had no way of knowing the sanctioning request did not mention mulligan use?
January 28, 2014 12:09PM
Really hard to answer that question. I would have to say that If a Board wanted to then they could do so with a vote. I don't think a Board would do it though. I know I personally wouldn't pull stats after an event has been posted, I think some responsibility is on the Board to double check events prior to them happening, even know I'm sure this isn't done for all events.

Discjazz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry Eric. I did not mean to get you into all
> the ways a player might have no claim to points.
> I am just asking about the 6.9.3 scenario in which
> a TD has decided to do something contrary to PDGA
> rules that apply to SN events absent "board
> approval". I haven't thought of 6.9.3. issues
> other than mulligans but imagine someone will. So
> let me re-phrase my question hopefully a little
> better. Can the board de-sanction an event after
> the fact because of lack of notice of mulligan use
> in the sanctioning request, even though the
> players knew mulligans would be used and had no
> way of knowing the sanctioning request did not
> mention mulligan use?
January 28, 2014 03:57PM
Thanks for responding. It begs the question whether the board could de-sanction a mulligan event after-the-fact even if it had notice. I'm afraid it's the same attitude that has resulted in other decisions to the detriment of the series, that the board can do anything it wants to with a vote. Board members have on occasion seen no need to honor the published schedule or handbook. I hope all the board will see this and commit to making this a players series, one in which players become entitled by specified participation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013