Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Board Meeting Minutes

Posted by Memphisdiscgolf 
Board Meeting Minutes
July 07, 2004 08:27PM
I suggest that the Board Meeting Minutes and past votes be listed somewhere on the website.

Thanks
Brad
Re: Board Meeting Minutes
July 13, 2004 01:11PM
Since no one has responded to this, let me say something else. heh

I really think its kind of wrong to ask people to vote for Board Members without knowing their voting history. I mean for example: What if Board Member John Doe voted against every single thing that I liked but didn't know it. Why would I want to vote him on again?

What if a Board Member hasn't made one meeting? How the heck am I supposed to know that or not?

So how can it be fair if I vote for or against current Board Members when I have seen no Meeting Minutes and no votes?

Brad
Brad i personally have no problem with the board giving the minutes or votes but i have never seen any minutes or votes posted on the MDGC site or any vote on creating a MDGC store withot members knowing about it.
July 13, 2004 06:33PM
Touche...I am glad someone DOES read the Suggestion Forums. ;) Maybe when the Memphis Disc Golf Club gets a good secretary the meeting minutes and votes will be posted.

Brad
Secretary Memphis Disc Golf Club ( doh )
Addie
July 13, 2004 09:14PM
John K is the Chairman of the Board. He usually does the posting on issues. We read this section before and during our E-meetings so that is why no one has posted yet. We haven't discussed everything together yet.
July 20, 2004 10:14AM
Sorry, I've been a slacker and haven't read this portion of the forum in a week or so, I'll read it more often now that it's the only place Brad posts..

John k
July 22, 2004 08:52AM
Yeah, no kidding! Keep the suggestions coming Brad!

Shane
AirCrow
August 08, 2004 09:51AM
I don't read down here much either. But I want to know how the voting goes to affect my decision on which members I vote for. For example, I would probably not vote for anyone who let the Texans play in the SD Doubles, even though I wasn't there. It was just a BS call.
October 22, 2004 08:33AM
Last Wednesday, in a special called meeting, we discussed the two contenders for the 2005 Southern National Pro Championships. We are aware of how important it is to give the host as much time to prepare as possible, and do not take lightly the posibility of a major corporate sponsor. We are addressing all issues related to this event in order to allow it to be the best one yet.

Birmingham has submitted a proposal, and Wall Doxey is working on a major sponsor for a proposed three year deal.

We have given until the end of October for this to come together and will have a meeting the Wednesday before Bud Hill to make the call.

We are hoping to make the announcement at the Lee Naquin Memorial event in Memphis the first weekend in November.

If there are no other proposals submitted, it will be one of the two.

Thanks, hope this helps. . . .

Bill McCarty, Board Member

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
February 24, 2005 05:02PM
Ok Memphis now lists their Meeting Minutes for everyone and their momma to read, so I can't get bashed anymore and now I can really suggest that the Southern National does the same. :D

Brad
Addie
February 24, 2005 09:59PM
Bill McCarty is in charge of this, at least for this past meeting, and is summarizing the minutes from last night as we speak.
February 25, 2005 09:56PM
Cool, cant wait to see ythem..

-will
March 05, 2005 09:41AM
I think this is a great idea. Just have some patience is the key!

Shane
Addie
March 05, 2005 09:43PM
Bill has forwarded the info to John. John being out of town has put a hold on things. Patience IS the key. ;o)
March 28, 2005 07:03AM
This is March 27, is John is still away? Such may be the case, as I haven't seen any changes to the results in a while. That could be due to people slow to turn those in to John though.

Shane
Addie
March 28, 2005 02:55PM
Shane, I know it's frustrating, but when the Board is all volunteers it's hard. :o( You know, right? I'll email him right now regarding this.
March 29, 2005 01:08PM
Addie,

No worries. I just keep hearing a lot of questions and the statement was made that the minutes would be posted. I don't think people want a letter by letter accounting, maybe just what issues were discussed and if there was a vote who voted which way. I personally think that the SN is taking huge strides. I think at some point soon however, we have to stop walking for walking's sake and pick a direction.

Shane
Addie
March 29, 2005 03:45PM
Shane,

I totally understand. John is our chairman so he is the one that posts, but I will be happy to do it with his permission. I sent the email out last night. Hopefully soon, I'll have a response. Thanks Shane. :o)
March 29, 2005 04:19PM
Addie,

Thanks for the reply. I still talk to a lot of people because of my PDGA responsibilities as well as being a former SN board member. I don't pay a lot of attention to some things that I may hear only once or twice, but if I continue to hear it from several sources I start to pay attention. A wise man from Mobile gave me that advice. Two things that I hear repeatedly.

1) Most people think that the SN board is doing a good job.
2) People just want to know the voting history of officers so that they can make informed decisions.

Shane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2005 04:20PM by shane.
Boba Satt
March 29, 2005 04:39PM
I will buy you all a drink when I see you! You guys are doing a greta job. BOba
Addie
March 29, 2005 07:39PM
Thank you Bob and Shane! ;o) You made my day! :o)
April 21, 2005 03:40PM
Just curious about the posting of minutes. I have heard many people ask about knowing the issues that the board is working on. What about a brief synopsis of what is coming up for discussion at the next board meeting. Kind of like what was sent to the board members to look over in preparation for the next meeting.

Shane
April 22, 2005 02:31AM
We still haven't seen ANY minutes posted, nor have we seen what was voted for/who voted for what yet.

Terry Zeringue
May 04, 2005 08:41PM
*cough*

-will
April 03, 2006 08:28AM
See my post of July 7, 2004. I still have those same feelings. :D

Duke of Disc Golf A-Number 1
[daffyshirts.com]
April 11, 2006 08:36AM
and Danny still has his:o] hehehe

December 13, 2006 10:39AM
Well here we are with just a week or 2 to go b4 XMAS and what is up with the board ???
What is up with having monthly meetings???
Where are said meetings minutes???
Do we even still have a board???

Last meeting post was April????

What gives here folks
Inquiring minds would like to be kept informed as to whats going on

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
December 13, 2006 10:54AM
After all the flak the previous board took for not posting, I was wondering how long it would take before someone would notice the lack of activitiy with the new one.

I also wonder if any of the previous board members ever got together to confirm the vote too. I never heard that the count was verified by other than one member at a time either. Not exactly teh best way to run an election. But I guess, and hope, that the voters got what they wanted. . . how could you tell?

Kinda make you go Hmmmm. . . .

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
December 13, 2006 11:09AM
It's like anything else Bill.

Just wanted to allow the "new" board an opportunity. I think they have had ample time to get together and post something. So nows the time to ask
WTF.

I know I got what I wanted.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
December 20, 2006 10:00AM
yeah yeah!! Who IS on the board anyway?? Isn't Haydel and Chris L on there? Who else?

Duke of Disc Golf A-Number 1
[daffyshirts.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013