Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sponsor Exemptions to SN Championships

Posted by Memphisdiscgolf 
Sponsor Exemptions to SN Championships
July 08, 2004 03:50PM
I suggest adding Sponsor Exemptions to Southern National Championships for people who have not played in SN Tournaments during the year. I suggest that the Sponsor be set at $50 for the AM or Pro Tournament and $50 for a TEAM for the Doubles Tournament. So a person would bring in a $50 Sponsor plus pay their entry fee and that would allow them to play in a singles...and $50 total would allow two people to play in the Doubles.

Brad!!!
Re: Sponsor Exemptions to SN Championships
July 09, 2004 10:32AM
I'd second that idea......oops....the BOARD needs to!! :)

Griff
SSW
July 09, 2004 10:25PM
that goes against all that the SN was started for

If Man Tang couldn't play in the Am Tourney in his own back yard - why should someone who hasn't played in any SN tourneys, or donated at lest $2 from supporting our series, then no one who has not "qualified" should be allowed to play.

Plain and Simple!

Will T
Mark Mann
July 10, 2004 08:20AM
Whereas, MEMPHISDISCGOLF's suggestion would generate additional revenue for a great tournament, I have to agree with Will T. Qualifying for an invitational tournament is not the same as "buying in."
MAM
July 11, 2004 12:41AM
Memphis, what's yall's little saying up there,,,,,,, oh yeah, if it ain't broken don't fix it. Why are yall trying to change it?
July 12, 2004 11:18AM
First of all Twinkie boy...this isnt about Memphis. It's about Brad. ;)

I didn't say anything was broken. In my opinion this is a good idea so I suggested.

But since you speak of broken, how many years have you seen a TD sitting at the table with his list of people who can play checking off names that come in? I have never seen it done but maybe I have missed it.

I think the Southern Nationals have grown enough to not worry about excluding people. I mean hell, how many people are we actually talking? At most you are talking 10 or 15 MAX. What's the big deal especially if you require sponsors from these people to be eligible.

Really I am just happy that people actually read the suggestion forums. :D

Brad
July 12, 2004 05:36PM
Ok, memphis....oops, sorry BRAD (sorry you use memphis in you name)

If you don't have to qualify, then all our tournaments will be just sanctioned events and not SN qualifier.

Arizona held a SN qualifier this year. I think it was the Gonzalas Open.
If it was the Gonzalas Open they generated $112 to the SN by having it an SN QUALIFIER. More than 2 people would need to come from Arizona to little Poplarville, Miss in order to "sponser" their way into the championships. As I would LOVE to see a big group from Arizona come over, I don't know just how many will. A few of those players would be qualified without this tournament.
vote
July 16, 2004 10:19AM
as a SN participant-- given the opportunity to vote, i would vote NO concerning exemtions for "sponsors"

AirCrow
August 08, 2004 09:54AM
I would vote yes for sponsor exemptions, but I would set the amount at like $500 or something, to where this person is really adding something to the tournament. Not to mention risking their money, not just paying an extra entry fee to try and walk off with everything.
admiral hackpar
August 09, 2004 12:42PM
here here, the gentleman from biloxi/nashville has it right. $50 is way too low, what a joke that would make of the whole series. $500 sounds good, maybe $300 would be ok though.
August 10, 2004 06:47PM
I suppose $300 would be ok. Maybe even as low as $250. And 12 cents.
August 19, 2004 03:27PM
You supposed $300 would be ok eh? :)

A Pro would have to play in 150 tournaments a year to bring that amount of money into the Tournament...so yeah...I agree...$300 would be ok with me too. :)

BRAD
ChadS
August 27, 2004 05:43PM
Id hate to see a group come in and sweep just because their sponsor decided to pitch in some. 3,4,$500 sounds good though.THAT would be the only way to have sponsor exemptions for players who just found out about the championships.

Is this just for discussion, or is someone approaching you with this thought?
August 28, 2004 12:41PM
I have been following this one closely and have changed my thoughts on the subject. I think that a high enough exemption might work. The $500 mark looks right, but $300 might be more reasonable.

Shane
August 30, 2004 03:59PM
"Sponsor exemption" is what Memphians originally want to call it when they were letting the Texans with no SN points play in the SN Doubles Championships last month. But they were going to let them in for like $50.
ChadS
August 30, 2004 04:54PM
Only one of the two partners had to have played in a S.N. qualifier. And that one was from Memphis, and knows all about the S.N.,they will also be in Poplarville in case your wondering.
Who are the sponsors and who's idea is this??(sponsor exemptions)
ChadS
August 30, 2004 04:59PM
I forgot that there were more than two! Donald and Nolan both have played in a quallifier last year. As far as the other car load of texans...Never met'em.
August 30, 2004 06:48PM
It's here, under "? for the SN Board", in case you want to check the original thread.

[sndg.org]
jim orum
August 31, 2004 10:00AM
great ideal , we have thought of that before to, the biggest draw back is why host a s.n.q. if you can get in by some other way, it breaks down the whole purpose.i think in the next couple years your points will tell who can play in the s.n.c. so far it has not matter. but soon it will. it has been hard for me to turn down player who wanted to play and we were not full, but if we did and they took alot of loot with them , it would hurt more than it would help.this is a time to show case our am and pro players, that built the s.n. just my 2 cents, but i do see where you were coming from, and thanks for the thoughts. now go ace one for me, jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 41
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013