Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

$2 AM Money During The Year Allocation

Posted by Memphisdiscgolf 
$2 AM Money During The Year Allocation
July 08, 2004 04:50PM
Starting in 2005..I suggest only $1 of each AM's money go towards the AM Tournament and the other $1 goes into the SN Operating Fund.

Brad
Aman
Re: $2 AM Money During The Year Allocation
July 10, 2004 11:35PM
I think ams should be paid out in cash.
July 11, 2004 12:44AM
Brad, that would hurt the Am SNDGC payout and that would go against what the SN is all about, loving he AM divisions.

Aman, if Am gets paid out in cash then they are a Pro and should play in a division called pro.
July 12, 2004 11:14AM
Roughly from John's #'s, which I haven't gone back to look up...the AM Tournament should be getting like $6000 and the Pro's should be getting like $4000. I don't think that the AM tournament needs $6000 to operate but maybe I am wrong.

Hell $6000 is 20 baskets at $300 each. What are you going to do...pay 5 deep baskets to all divisions? I think that $3000 should be plenty for the AM Tournament to operate on and still give out great prizes because you havent figured in your entry fee into those numbers.

Money should be built up into the bank and eventually start going back to the Pro Payout of the Championship, or some sort of contingency fund, all sorts of things you could do if you had the money. $3000 a year adds up quick. In 3 years you could start adding $2000 to the Pro Payout every year. I mean in other threads people have been complaining about not being able to give out rule books to AM players. Rule books on the PDGA store are $3 each.

How many AMs are going to be at the Tournament? 150 maybe?? That's $450. If you have $6000 to work with, whats the problem?? Why are we supposedly so cash strapped we can't provide rules books? Also if you want to carry it out further...why the hell would Advanced Players need a rule book? So lets say 100 AMs....now we are down to $300.

People arent thinking about the money and what can and can't be done with it in my opinion.

This is all advice from an AM player. ME

Brad
July 26, 2004 10:24AM
I think that sounds like a great idea Brad. The Am Championship payout should be capped at a certain point, b/c if you make it better and better every year (which I think it would get a lot better every year due to the growth of the sport) noone would ever MOVE UP. They would come back to win a basket every year, b/c like Brad said with $6000 or more in the purse, you can afford a whole lotta baskets. I would foresee a whole lot of BAGGIN going on if the Am Championships keeps getting bigger and better. Good thinking Brad! I think it's a great idea, but noone seems to read the Suggestions part of this forum....
It cost a AM the same gas money, the same hotel rate,and the same food expense as it does a pro. So explain again why AM's shouldn't get paid with money?
rwc
July 27, 2004 08:53AM
Sorry, I don't want any portion of MY SN fee going toward a tournament I'm not playing in. That truly goes against what the SN is all about. There's more am money because there's MORE Ams. BTW, five deep baskets sounds great. Maybe I'll have a chance to win one. If the ams pitch in a bunch of cash during the year, they deserve a kick @#$%& championship, of which in SURE Memphis will put on. Don't forget, there are players packages. I hope this year's will be as nice as last year's. I'm using that as incentive to get some locals to come play Memphis. Use some of the money to compensate Danny for cooking (if he plans to). And I also think everyone, AMs included, need rule books, PDGA rule books, I hope. Just another lowly am's opinion. RUss C.
July 27, 2004 11:38AM
I like Russ's statment. SSmith,, Ams can't get paid cash because then they wouldn't be Ams, they would be Pros.

Terry Zeringue
baskets 5 deep ? that is the best idea i've heard in a while. Let's do it!
tony Bass
July 28, 2004 10:03AM
Yeah Russ, and that would be why people like yourself would never move up!!! I mean, MOVE UP ALREADY YOU SANBAGGER! Do you really think those Masters players are that much better than you???
rwc
July 29, 2004 08:57AM
Tony, I'll see what happens after Am Worlds and Am SNC. Been wanting to go to Masters in SN for a while. Think I'll keep my am PDGA status just for fun! rWc
ZINGER, I agree with that (if ams get paid they would be pros) to a certain degree, but in most sports where that is true someone else is paying for travel expenses, entry fees ect... lets use racing for example, you've got your am level saturday night racer and your pro level racer they both get paid,just on different pay scales. Or you can look at a sport as simple as a horseshoe tournament. There you also have a Pro and Am division, both get paid, just different entry fees and pay scales. So if ams "can't get paid cash" then none of their money should have to fund the pros and they should have the best funded Championships. The pros get taken care of through the year with the "cash" pay outs, so at least take care of the ams at their "Superbowl". Just my opinion. Which is probably not worth much since I'm not really involved in this sport,, yet. SORRY!
JOEBOBDAVIS III
July 30, 2004 10:23AM
If you want to play for CASH, then you'll have to move up to PRO!
July 30, 2004 05:29PM
SSmith,, please read all of my posts, I agree with letting the ams keep the $2 for their championships, but i totally, absolutely disagree in paying ams cash.

Terry Zeringue
jglenn
August 01, 2004 06:11PM
we will not play in SN if you do this suggestion by brad. the old and worn statement of making it to attractive to play am, is,,, the weakest. i invite all money players to wait their six months. play am, and enjoy the game. i played with a money player today in the doubles. was most enjoyable. if he doesnt play down into the ams its not likly we play much golf together. what a shame. who knows, on that day we play for a pole hole (when he decides more money to be made in ams). i might win. oh yea, wouldnt want to many pole holes in ams yards. their neighbors might see how much fun they are having and want to try it out.

im with nancy, five deep is good. sounds like it could be done. memphis is always the best. with all that money. who knows. could be done like no other ever has. i would like to suggest that the TD for the am tournament have their expenses paid. in full. i mean everything. and then some. i would also suggest some type of compensation for Danny and his family. Bud Hill is the absolute best, bar none.

JG, 2067, 18 months from being a pro, unless their is and adv grand masters?

JG
August 10, 2004 09:41PM
not sure why brad made his suggestion. i am glad that he has brought up the numbers. it is disapointing that no one has responded. were his numbers right? $6000? John K.?

i am thinking, lets have more CTPs than anyone ever has. i say, if you are the 4th to resgister on saturday, you win your entry fee. i also think, is that number right? does brad do good cifferin?

i mean really brad. is this a perception test.

how do you earn a living?

JG
August 16, 2004 06:57AM
Segregating the the Southern National fees, I feel, is the way to go. Yes, there are more Amateurs than Pros, witch is the normal order of things. I am quite sure the Pros would not want some of their fees allocated to the Amatuers! If you were going to take $1 out of the Am fees, then you should do the same thing for the Pros. . .and THEN listen for the feedback, and I am sure there would be a lot.

This is one great incentive to the Host of the event to make it better.

I feel the Southern National Pro/Am Tour is heading in the right direction, thanks largely in part to these forums. The forum is the pulse of the Southern Nationals, and it's heart is Disc GOlf!

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
August 16, 2004 11:37AM
JG Don't you worry how Brad makes a livin'....

I'd hate to see ANYONE run over by that obnoxiously large BMW!!

As it is....if anyone misses their Am Championship--that's their choice.....

AND THEIR LOSS!! lol,

Griff
August 18, 2004 11:16AM
If there is so much money in the Am field, then why don't we just lower the entry fee for the championships. I know $45 isn't much for a two day, but when we are asking people to come from all over the south, get a hotel for probably 3 nights and pay for food and gas, $45 is hard to do. So maybe for the Am SNDGC the entry fee can be lower(only because we have so much money for them).

Terry Zeringue
August 18, 2004 12:55PM
I have been attending events in Memphis since the very first one I played in. I have yet to be dissappointed in one! Averaging two to three events a year for almost six years. . that's a pretty good record in my book.

The only problem I ever encounterd was bad weather. . like they have control over Mother Nature.

I am sure Gary and the Memphis crew will make this one another in a long line of memoral events.

I am looking forward to this weekend. . . haven't got to play in a couple of weeks, can't wait for the two minute warning. . .

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
August 19, 2004 03:32PM
After being involved in buying the prizes and Players Packages for this years upcoming tournament, I have changed my mind on the AM money thing. My suggestion is now Moot. :)

bRaD

August 20, 2004 02:49AM
hahahahahahahaha

Terry Zeringue
August 20, 2004 12:21PM
Shut up. :D
rWc
August 23, 2004 08:44PM
LOL LOL LOL ROFLMAO!! Now you know!
August 24, 2004 05:45PM
It's my belief that if an Am pays the money, then the Am's should get it back.If we don't need to pay out $6000 dollars, then save some till next season, hell who know, we could have a down yearand need the added money. another idea would be to save some of this money from Am and Pro divisions and at some point and time buy a plot of land somewhere that is centerally located and build a course that would be used for a tourny sorta like the USDGC. Taking the best of the best from each division each season to meet and play at the site. Of course that's alot of money and would be a long time away.nice having a problem of to much money...lol
Did I say baskets 5 deep in am women division?
I meant to say 7....seven...VII!!!!!!!!!!!!
..............................;)
jim orum
August 31, 2004 10:13AM
keep it up , some great ideals, the main thing to remember is that this is the am week end to have some fun and play against the best we have. this years division went to the wire, this is the big show, let it be that, some are now moving to pro and hopefully they will keep those memories for life. it was great to see how great everyone got along, the winners should be rewarded for that, there are ways to help everyone at the same time, memphis gave out $720.00 worth of bag tags to the winners, that was a good way to help everyone out. need more ideals like that, pros and ams should try to help each other out and support each other out. we must be very carefull what the sn does , we are still young and we do not want to stop our growth. think things out and if it was not the greatest ideal, maybe later it will be, but at least someone had a thought.now go ace one for me, jim
September 20, 2004 02:12PM
> Money should be built up into the bank and
> eventually start going back to the Pro Payout
> In 3 years
> you could start adding $2000 to the Pro Payout
> every year.

You have the wrong tour. You want the PDGA. This is exactly the kind of thing that they do. Collect a bunch of money and spend it on the NT (aka Pro only) events.

Brian Moon
SNDG Webmaster
exPDGA
March 28, 2005 12:25PM
Not completely accurate... but i agree with what you mention, BM.

FYI:

some of that money (about 120k annual) is salaries and
"consultant fees" (for three individuals)

as well as debacles such as giving 50,000$ to a sports marketing firm
that only came up with hippie candy bars for "sponsorships"

hmmm, but then they will have to spend another $25k to exit the
earth momma candy bar agreement with SportsLoop. (exit clause)

serious dumb(_!_) factor, imho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013