Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

how about..

Posted by will2003 
how about..
January 26, 2005 08:08PM
a course directory for courses that host sn qualifiers.. instead of using PDGA's lt the course people put pictures and links and other stuff..

just a thought.
Addie
Re: how about..
January 27, 2005 10:36AM
Sounds great Will. I'll suggest that at our next meeting. :o)
February 08, 2005 04:33PM
Sounds expensive
willc
February 09, 2005 01:04PM
Expensive? It would be free if the nice web designers and programmers would make It, I am talking about online not printed.
February 11, 2005 09:52AM
Oh. Thought you meant printed.
February 20, 2005 08:14AM
Here is one thing I would like to see on the directory. I listing of weekly/monthly events at each course. If this info was kept up to date you could know when you could show up at the course and find doubles or minis.
February 21, 2005 11:15PM
For Lafayette if you go to our web page we have our quarterly newsletter. we have our doubles and tournaments

Psycho Don (Donald Tomasko)
SN board member
*previous owner of the Gnome*
Owner Psycho-Fish Disc Golf
dtomasko@psychofishdg.com
[www.psychofishdg.com]
February 28, 2005 11:44PM
I like the idea Will, but I wonder how much more work for Brian would be involved.

Brian, thanks for all the hard and easy work you do for all of us. It is greatly appreciated.

Terry Zeringue
rwc
March 01, 2005 09:04AM
Zing, Brian would have to answer that, but I'd envision a club or course representative composing the actual entry for their course under some standard format that would be, I assume, determined by the board. Brian would have to set up a section of the SN site for the directory, then paste them into that section. I would hope it could be done in a way where someone could download it as a PDF file, print the entire directory or print a specific listing if they chose. The amount of work for Brian would certainly be an issue because we don't want to burn out our most productive volunteers. I'll join Terry in thanking Brian and of course, John K. for all they do. rWc
bobsatter
March 01, 2005 09:12AM
I think he has most of that on his website. Will you should get with him. [overstable.com]
March 01, 2005 05:13PM
He "could" write a php or whatever script and have that output to a webpage, sorta like how the PDGA has..
February 02, 2006 09:29PM
Someone would still have to compile the information and obtain the storage room to store it on the server. . all that costs money. .

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
662-660-0339

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
February 03, 2006 10:54AM
Why do we need to duplicate the work done on the PDGA site?

Jeff H
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013