Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Board Meeting Minutes - Updated Aug 23

Posted by John K 
SN Board Meeting Minutes - Updated Aug 23
May 05, 2005 09:11AM
Minutes the SN Board meeting 4 May 2005

Members in attendance - Addie Isbell, Danny Daniels, Robert McDonald, Bill McCarty, Bill Trousdale, and John Kittrell

1. New cut off date for championship proposals. The date of 1 August 2005 was decided as the cut off date for clubs/cities to have their proposals in to the board for the 2006 SN Pro, Am, and Doubles Championships.

2. A vote on procedure for replacing resigning SN board members during their term was taken. It was decided a couple meeting ago in principal that the person would be replaced by the person with the largest percent of votes from the last election that didn’t become a board member. If that person elects to not take that position then the seat would be vacant until the next SN Board election. Voting was unanimous in favor.

3. Bag tags for 2005-2006 Season were discussed. The new design for the 2005-2006 Bag Tags should be determined so bag tags will be available at the SN Am Championship in Lafayette. The Board also recognized and discussed the need to add some incentive for purchasing an SN Bag Tag. Ideas were tossed around, and the topic will be discussed in greater detail at future meetings.

4. Invitation design for the am and pro championship were discussed. The lists of names will be provided to the cities but discussed was who is responsible for the making and delivering of Pro and Am invitaions. The SN Board or the host cities/clubs. The list of invitees will be on the SN Website of course. This also brought up the topic of a need for a SN database for names and addresses of players. Like last year even with invitations printed out, most players addresses are unknown.

Comments or suggestions regarding the above topics are welcomed and encouraged. Also any questions/topics that you want the SN Board to address can be brought up as well. The next SN Board meeting will be in person at Bud Hill on Saturday, 7 May.

John K

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2006 01:50PM by brianlmoon.
rwc
Re: SN Board Meeting - 4 May 05
May 05, 2005 01:32PM
Thanks John K. THis is just what we've been needing. Good Job! rWc
Re: SN Board Meeting Minutes
May 09, 2005 04:57PM
Minutes the SN Board meeting 7 May 2005 at Bud Hill

Members in attendance - Addie Isbell, Danny Daniels, Robert McDonald, Bill McCarty, Bill Trousdale, Jim Orum and John Kittrell

1. A discussion was had about extending the time for people to submit their name as candidates for the upcoming SN Board election due to the fact that some people were unaware that all three current board members who's seats are up for election have chosen not to run again. The pros and cons were discussed. The pros being a larger pool of candidates. The cons were that we try and be flexible but a deadline had been set and we don't want to contiune the bad habit of shifting deadlines. Also if anyone was seriously interested that they would have already thrown their name in the hat. No official vote was taken but the majority was opposed to extending the deadline.

2. Discussing the upcoming election the thought was brought up that there is no provision for impeaching a board member. Not for this group coming in but as a possiblility in the future. It was decided by a unanimous vote that impeachment of a SN Board member could only come about by a unanimous vote from the remaining board members and Jim Orum. Bill Trousdale was going to added the appropriate wording to the SN Handbook.

3. Bag Tag for next year were discussed again with no solid plan selected for implimentation just a decision that we will be promoting the Bag Tags more next year through cash/prizes CTPs like Memphis or Raffles for bag tag holders.

The next meeting will be held the Wednesday, May 17th at 8:00 pm over the internet.

May 15, 2005 10:12AM
Part 2--impeach by a unanimous board AND jimO???
Why is/was Jim O added to the boards decision making processes??
The unanimous board vote will make it very difficult to impeach anybody alone
add Jim in there and NO ONE will ever be impeached ....regardless.
Is this how all other decisiions are made. First by the board then with JIM???
or maybe ya'll do it all at the same time?
Just dont understand why the BOARD cant do it BY THEMSELVES.
AND b4 anything goes into the "HANDBOOK" arent the people/players to be informed
so other voices can be heard. Maybe someone NOT on the board or in on the boards discussion has a few good ideas too. If we dont know what is being discussed we cant help out. Besides we ,the players, dont know anything about the meetings as it is.
with the exception of the above postings, thanks JOHN K.

I have no problems with the board or the decisions just some of the WHY's.
We/I also would like to know HOW the BOARD is voting on the ISSSUES.
If someone votes one way and I thought they should have voted the other way I do not have that info to make a informed decision the next election time.
It's gettin better Tho

Thanks to all of you who have stepped up.

JABBA
May 15, 2005 12:49PM
Jim O has always been a part of the board. He is the permanent 7th member of the SN Board. His inputs are always welcome. He doesn't have a vote on issues unless the board is deadlocked 3-3, he is the tie breaker in those instances. With this thread hopefully the sn players will be more informed. I'll try to post the agenda for the meeting a couple days beforehand so that players can throw their opinions out their as well.

John k
May 16, 2005 01:43PM
Excellant Thanks for the info.
Keep up the good work.
JABBA
Re: SN Board Meeting Minutes - updated May 19
May 19, 2005 07:25PM
SN Board Meeting Minutes – 18 May 05

SN Board Members present: Addie Isbell, Danny Daniels, Bill Trousdale, Bill McCarty, Robert McDonald (until he had computer problems), and John Kittrell

Topics discussed were sponsorship exemptions for the SN Am Championship, SN Am and Pro Invitations, and Chris Hayes.

The topic of sponsorship exemptions was discussed. Everyone agreed that allowing sponsorship exemptions for the SNPC isn’t something that the board wants to do. Sponsorship exemptions for the Am Championship had a mixed response, some board members were open to the idea and some were not. Pros given was that money would be added to the event, cons being that it would invalidate the qualification process of having to have sn points to get into the tournament. Ultimately, even those that were in favor feel that nothing should be changed for this year and the topic should be address in the future or by the new sn board.

We needed to clarify whose responsibility it is to produce and deliver the SN Am and Pro Championship invitations. It was decided that invitations were the responsibility of the host city. The list of players who qualify for an invitation would be sent to the host cities by the board. The board will help in whatever way we can. It was also decided that we need to work on getting a data base for players’ addresses that the sn can provide for host cities. We will be asking for TDs help to accomplish this. Maybe players when signing up can provide the TD with an address. The list could be sent in with the SN fees.

Chris Hayes’(aka blueboy)situation was discussed. With some of his posts to the forum, such as calling his proposed tournament the loophole open or the last chance toss off, the majority of board members felt that the tournament would not be a quality SN event and just going through the motions (to qualify). Also taken into consideration was the tournament hasn’t been scheduled given only 2 weekends left in the season. So it was voted to not give SN sanctioning to his tournament, if he had chosen to run it. (the vote was 4-1, John k being the 1) It was asked if he would be allowed to pay the SN Am entry fee and compete but not be eligible for prizes. The majority of the board thought that this would set a bad president and declined that option. Overall the board felt that any compromising would be interpreted as invalidating the qualifying process and unfair to the rest of the players.

The next meeting will be 1 June 05 at 8pm on the net. As always the SN Board is open for comments and suggestions.

John k
SN Board Member
Re: SN Board Meeting Minutes - Updated May 19
May 19, 2005 10:00PM
Wow,, the Chris Hayes thing. It's just a sad thing to see someone willing to give his own $$ throught-out the year to tournaments which he could not compete in, whom has played in many SN events in the past, and whom is will to come from way up north to compete in just the Am championship while giving more of his own $$ for more sponsership,, the boot. Chris, i understand truely if you never again want to give $$ to tournaments. Case closed as far as I see it. Guess you gotta make it down for the June 11 tournament in Baton Rouge Chris. Hope to see you there.

Other than that, I agree with the rest.

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2005 10:00PM by TheZinger.
rWc
August 24, 2005 08:23PM
Has the board not met or just not posted minutes from June and July? Just curious. rWc
August 24, 2005 11:13PM
I haven't posted the minutes...sorry.

SN board meeting - 23 Aug 05

SN Board members present - John Kittrell, Addie Isbell, Bill McCarty, Danny Daniels, Bill Trousdale, Robert McDonald.

Topics discussed:

1. The sites of the 06 SN Championships were discussed and voted on. Results of the vote will be announced at the SN PC

2. Ams playing in the SN Championship was brought up again with no change in opinion of the board on this matter. The previous vote of 4-2 still stands.

3. The subject of an excemption for assistant tds was discussed. Should they recieve sn points. This was asked by Shane Seal in regards to assistant TDs from last year pro championship. The vote was 3-2, with 1 abstaining to not awarding sn points for assistant TDs.

See everyone at Wall Doxey.

John k
Re: SN Board Meeting Minutes - Updated Aug 23
November 05, 2005 05:06AM
Who voted for and against and who abstained from the voting on the above 3 topics
AND were there no meetings in Sept and Oct?? If not why not? If there were meetings held where are the minutes of those meetings?
Please dont keep us in the dark Share the info.
Any board member????

JABBA
November 05, 2005 08:32AM
I don't know who voted for what. 3 of those board members are not currently on the board.

Yes there were meetings in Sept and Oct. Some of the minutes have been posted. When I say minutes I mean a summary of the meetings that JK posts, go find those yourself. As for as posting the exact minutes, I don't have a problem with it, but most of the board would rather post a summary for good reasons. And before you ask what are the reasons, they are also posted in a thread.

Terry Zeringue
November 07, 2005 07:17AM
Well with smart ass answers like those I guess I wont be voting for Zinger the next time around. And FYI I found your so called summary and it doesnt really tell the masses squat. Knowing how people vote on the issues is what tells the masses who(m) to vote for or AGAINST the next go around.
Now anyone else have anything PRODUCTIVE to say about this.
JABBA
November 07, 2005 07:57AM
Whine whine whine. You asked a question, I answered it with nothing but the truth.

Terry Zeringue

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2005 08:04AM by TheZinger.
November 07, 2005 08:17AM
Its a dam shame I supported you this time around. But I will learn from my mistake hope others will too.

JABBA
November 07, 2005 08:42AM
Like I said, you asked a question, and I answered it with the truth. I told you what I know, but hey your a whiner and nothing will make you happy.

Terry Zeringue
November 07, 2005 12:30PM
Whatever. I guess maybe we'll have to secede from the SN

JABBA
November 07, 2005 01:30PM
You said any board members could answer and I answered with what I know. What is your problem with that?

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2005 01:35PM by TheZinger.
Anonymous User
November 08, 2005 09:45AM
sheesh Jabba, why would you expect any SN Board O'Scum member to do anything? how many times do you have to get robbed before you call the police?

you're a whiner, Jabba. the SN Board is doing a GREAT JOB. we don't want you whining TD's anymore. JUST SEND THE SN THE MONEY AND SHUT THE FEMA UP!
November 08, 2005 01:25PM
Jabba, John K. is supposed to post the summary and I thought they were supposed to include the way the votes went. If not, we should add it. Other than posting a summary, I guess we could post or post a link to the AOL chat transcript if people wanted to wade through it. I don't know why JK hasn't posted the summary, probably been too busy. Maybe I should relieve him of some work. Hope this answers your questions and if you have any more, LMK or call me at the house. rWc
November 08, 2005 01:35PM
Why does it ALL ALWAYS boil down to JOHN K??????? Is he the only one on the board who can do this???? I think John K 's plate is full...someone else needs to step up. Be it you or the cupcake or MAC or bill ...hell there's 6 of you all. Spread the wealth of duties.

JABBA
November 08, 2005 01:44PM
Jabba, I'll be more than happy to post the meeting summary. And I'm personally in favor of paying John Kittrell for his work. If he will accept it. Russ C.
November 08, 2005 01:46PM
AMEN finally a breakthru. Thanks rWc.

JABBA
November 08, 2005 02:44PM
frzbman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why does it ALL ALWAYS boil down to JOHN K???????
> Is he the only one on the board who can do
> this????

John K is the Chairman of the Board. While I was on the Board, we agreed that being the Chairman he would always be the one to post what we've discussed.

Not sure if the new Board has agreed to the same though.

November 09, 2005 06:56PM
Once again Addie is correct. As the Chairman of the BOD, John K. makes all official posts for the BOD. mac
November 10, 2005 01:18PM
Sorry, I was just trying to appease the masses the best I knew how. Now I know why the other board members didn't run again, but I also don't remember the insults toward the board being as bad before. Certainly making me rethink my decision to get involved. rWc
November 10, 2005 10:52PM
Lawyer boy Griff,

Where are you at with this?

The board has meetings and gives 2 lines for minutes and won't answer questions about it?

No one is asking for full disclosure but what about an attempt at partial disclosure?
November 11, 2005 07:59AM
The last meeting was Nov 2nd. For the entire meeting we discussed the proposed SNAC guidelines that are were posted here:

[sndg.org]

It was a discussion, no votes were taken nothing was finalized.

John k
November 11, 2005 09:18AM
Thanx, JohnK!

Griff
November 11, 2005 01:04PM
Let's see, I know who Griff, John K, Addie/Chad, Frzbman and Robert Mac are... but who's snowman-54? I like to know who I'm talking to. rWc
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013