Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Board Meeting – 28 Dec 05 – 11 Jan 06

Posted by John K 
Re: SN Board Meeting – 14 Dec 05 – Dual Sanctioning / Basket Purchase
December 20, 2005 04:38PM
weel JK he has cashed now but, he very seldom plays PDGA events.

December 20, 2005 05:35PM
I think you are trying to make this more complicated then it has to be Terry...there are always instances where the PDGA rules aren't followed to the letter. According to the rule you state any PDGA pro should be able to play in the SN Championship because it too is a PDGA sanctioned event. We have stipulated that you have to have SN points to play, like that the TD of dual sanctioned events can stipulate that if you don't have a PDGA rating you play where you normally would at tournaments you attend. Players should at some point should accept some accountability and not leave the bad cop routine to the TDs.

John k
January 05, 2006 06:37PM
John,

I talked to Discraft about the baskets as well for you guys. Keith Murray is interested in talking to you to see what they may be able to offer in the way of baskets and discs. As you know that have released a first run disc at both of the last two Pro championships(The last ones I bought because of Katrina :~). Give them a call. Keith is extension 41.

Shane
January 13, 2006 09:31AM
I’m a slacker about posting the minutes of the SN Board meetings. The following is the minutes from the last two meetings on 28 Dec 05 and 11 Jan 06.

SN Board Meeting Minutes – 28 Dec 05

SN Board Members present: Bill McCarty, Robert McDonald, Bob Satter, Russ Corey, John Kittrell

Topic of discussion: Dual sanctioned events / basket proposals

The majority of the meeting was a discussion on dual sanctioned events, those that are both SN and PDGA sanctioned. The subject had been brought up by Chris Jaskolka in an effort to get clarification for an upcoming event. We use PDGA rules for tournament play but the question was in regards to what division a player should play in. The SN and PDGA use different approaches. After much discussion it was decided that at DUAL sanctioned events the PDGA rule will take precedence

The vote was 4-1
John Kittrell – for
Bob Satter – for
Russ Corey – for
Bill McCarty – for
Robert McDonald – against

The reasoning behind the vote was:

1. We should be making life easier for TDs not harder. If we take a hardline stand we are putting the TDs in a position where they have to choose either the SN or PDGA. If a TD goes by our rules and doesn't allow a sn pro that has a PDGA rating that allows him to play advanced then the PDGA could hypothetically come back to the TD and take away future PDGA sanctioning because the TD didn't follow PDGA rules. In the long run both the SN and PDGA will lose whereas dual sanctioning shouldn't be discouraged; it's a win-win for both series.

2. The PDGA rating system. In letting sn pros move down at dual sanctioned events, we are talking about pros that HAVE a PDGA rating that places them in an am division. We aren't being arbitrary in saying everyone can move down, just those that have a PDGA rating below pro by PDGA standards.

3. There is precedent for having PDGA rules trump SN rules. At the SNPC Zack Lambrecht cashed but turned down the cash. Since this was a dual sanctioned event he didn't take prizes in lue of cash as he could at just SN events, he left with no cash or PRIZES. The PDGA rules trumped ours.

4. Of course for SN pros that have no PDGA rating they should play pro until they have a PDGA rating that places them in a lower division.

5. By going by the PDGA rules in allows as an example, Addie (a pro woman) to play in the appropriate am mens division based on her PDGA player rating. I think everyone can agree that a pro women can compete in an am mens division, whether it's adv or am and be challenged with no guarantee of winning.

There's no perfect solution but given the growth of the SN if we want to continue to grow then we have to be flexible. Realistically the number of players that would be affected is small in comparison to the total number.

The second topic was a basket proposal for the SNAC. Some discussion no decisions were made.

SN Board Meeting Minutes – 11 Jan 06

SN Board Members present: Bill McCarty, Robert McDonald, Zack Hudson, Russ Corey, John Kittrell

Topic of discussion: Ams playing in SNPC / basket proposals

The first topic was one put off by the past board for this years SN board; Can ams play in the SN Pro Championship with no pro sn points. This was debated last year and ams were allowed to play in the SNPC at the last minute.

The final decision was that any player that has SN points can ply in the SNPC. You don’t need “pro” points. However SN Pros will have the opportunity to preregister before sn players with only “am” points by the following schedule:

Invitations to the top 144 pro players will be sent out / announced mid-June. Those players have 1 month to preregister. From mid-July to mid-August any play with SN Pro points can preregister. That gives all SN players with pro points at least 1 month to preregister before any am player. From mid-August to the SNPC on Labor Day the tournament will be open to anyone with sn points.

The vote was 4-0 (this topic was discussed and voted on prior to Russ arriving)
John Kittrell – for
Zack Hudson – for
Bill McCarty – for
Robert McDonald – for

1. The decision was based on the fact that ALL pro sn player will have the chance to register before any sn player with just am points.
2. The SNPC has never filled up and we shouldn’t at this point in time be turning away any sn players.
3. This allows local am players to play in the SNPC if spots are available

The last topic was again the basket proposal for the SNAC. The SN Board will be purchasing the baskets for the SNAC and Bill McCarty has talked to both DGA and Innova about this. We are putting together a proposal for Innova as a potential major sponsor. Nothing solid yet, As dicesions are made we will let you know.

As always the SN Board is open for comments and suggestions.

John k
Re: SN Board Meeting – 28 Dec 05 – 11 Jan 06
January 13, 2006 10:48AM
Dont forget Shane's above post about the basket purchase ...
Innova and DGA are not the only makers of fine baskets.
It also looks like Gateway is now in the basket making market.
Dont limit yourselves just yet. Check into all avenues for the best deal.

Thanks for the info update.

JABBA

SO because you guys discussed and voted 4-0 b4 Russ showed does that mean he did not also get to vote.??? Not that it would matter on this issue but as a board member he should get to. IMO
January 13, 2006 11:00AM
Doug
We are looking at all options. As for Russ not getting a vote, his vote in that instance wasn't needed since the necessary majority of votes (4) was already reached. If the vote was 3-1 we would have tabled that issue until more board members were present.

John k
January 13, 2006 12:49PM
All board members need their voice to be heard and vote on all issues.
Russ may have not liked the idea and voted against and then we would all know where HE as a board member stood. As it is now we, the people, dont know where he or Boba stands on the issue. ALL BOARD MEMBERS VOTES MUST BE HEARD even if it is a little late.
There are 6 people on the board I would like to see 6 votes on the issues.
Its not that big of a deal to get all 6 votes accounted for
for all the voting issues.

JABBA
January 13, 2006 01:21PM
doug, i argued that a while back, but was "out-voted".

Terry Zeringue
January 13, 2006 01:31PM
Doug, i am in favor it=mo$$$$

January 13, 2006 03:44PM
i cant wait to have my rightful seat on the board,i am in favor of more money too

"i am pure EVIL,now give me your funds"
creator of the most popular thread on the S.N.forums of all time
"Screw your Friggin Points"
PAID FOR BY THE FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS OF THE GregOsnose "Sandbaggers, help the sport, help yourself - move up."
[profiles.yahoo.com]
January 13, 2006 07:12PM
forgot the :O)
:O)
after my last post.

Terry Zeringue
January 16, 2006 10:52AM
Jabba,

Have not read all the new posts yet, just got in from the Hill, but how do you propose we "force" each and every member to attend the meetings? We cannot wait for everyone to be there, thus the reason for establishing a four person Quorum, with Jim as a tie breaker.

If we only conducted biz with everyone there, there would not be much happening. There have been very few meeting, since I have been on the board, that everyone was able to attend.

We are blasted if we don't get every issue solved yesterday, now, apparently, if there is not a counted vote of every member on every issue.

All of our contact info is on the page, if you need to know how any one, or all, members stand on an issue, then drop them a line. Since we do not have an "open" meeting, it is the best way to get you voice heard.

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
January 16, 2006 11:44AM
Bill,

1st I never said anything about attending meetings or the such. What I am trying to convey is that if there are 4 of you at the meeting then have your vote but the 2 others not in attendance are or should also be REQUIRED to vote on the issues and publish or disclose the full 6 body count. Be it today for 4 of you and tomorrow for the others. Just so that all 6 people are accounted for.
If you want me to support you in the next election I HAVE to know whether you voted for things or against things that were brought to the table to be voted on by the board.
Its called being an informed constituent.
If you refuse to account for all 6 votes then I may not support ANY of you.
Somehow I also do not think I am alone in this.

SO to take this example all the way thru I need to know how Zack votes as far as the DUEL SANCTIONING. His vote will not change the outcome of the boards decision however at that point of disclosure I will know how Zack stands.

The same goes for BOBA and Russ and their feelings for the AMS getting in the PSNC. ALL issues that go to votes needs 6 votes accounted for.

As part of the board I would have thought you all could have worked this out.
If you can NOT attend for what ever reason its cool but when you come on here and read what was done at the missed meeting I would expect the Board members missing the meeting to step up on their own and tell us ,the membership , how they vote on the issues they missed out on.

How hard does this have to be?
We should not have to come to you and ask

Respectfully,

JABBA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2006 11:46AM by frzbman.
January 16, 2006 12:17PM
I already posted that iwas in favor of letting them in. I think it makes more $en$e!

January 16, 2006 12:40PM
Well thank you
Backdoor boba now all we need is for Russ and Zack to step up.
See there that wasnt so hard.

JABBA
January 16, 2006 01:02PM

Terry Zeringue
January 16, 2006 02:43PM
Zack,s vote is in favor..I understand what Jabba is saying....I would want to know Where he stood if he were an elected official also.
January 16, 2006 03:35PM
Jabba,

My point Exactly, We have no control over the attendance of the meetings, we want everyone to be there, want them all to voice their opinions, and vote. BUT, we cannot fail to address the issues at hand just because all the members are not there.

If we have to wait to vote until ALL members are there, then we might as well not even have a meeting, it would be a waste of the members time who are there. That is why we must have a 4 member quorum, and conduct business when we do.

You can, as I said, send a mail to anyone you wnat and aske them there thoughts on an issue, and most certainly let them know yours. We DO need to know how the core players, TD's and such feel about the issues before us. But the votes WILL be taken if there are at least four members present.

With JK posting a summary of the minutes, you can post, after the fact, and ask how the other members WOULD have voted, no problem.

It's just that we have to conduct business when we have four members.

If it were "required" that all six member be present, there would have only been about three or four meetings since I have been a member, and NOTHING would have gotten done.

It would be pointless to have four members vote, and then have to wait until the other two to give all their input and could vote before the issue was settled. We would be wasting a lot of time and not getting nearly as much done.

If it paid by the hour, I would be there EVERY night, which I have been.

SO, I would be basing MY vote on those who were there, AND what votes they cast.

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
January 17, 2006 02:09AM
Thanks BOBA and Zack now could you explain it to BIll.

JABBA
January 17, 2006 07:03AM
lets just make it a dictatorship,screw meetings,and let me run everything

"i am pure EVIL,now give me your funds"
creator of the most popular thread on the S.N.forums of all time
"Screw your Friggin Points"
PAID FOR BY THE FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS OF THE GregOsnose "Sandbaggers, help the sport, help yourself - move up."
[profiles.yahoo.com]
January 17, 2006 08:18AM
Doug,

It needs no explaining!

Yes, I realize you want to know how everyone would vote, BUT we ARE NOT going wait until ALL six members are there to conduct business. We WILL vote on the issues at hand when we have a quorum, which is four members. We will not waste our time chit chatting for an hour if all six members are not in attendance.

We will conduct business, AND vote. The members who where not there, for whatever reason, would not vote. Ask them how they WOULD have voted and you will know.

Do YOU understand that we, the board, have decreed that a qourum is four members and we will conduct business with four members present. We will not wait. . and wait.. and wait. . for all six to be there to vote!

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
January 17, 2006 10:54AM
I didnt know that this could have ever been so dam difficult.
I/we want you to do your business with the 4 person quorum that show
if that's all that can make it but ALL Im asking for is the accountability of all 6 people that were elected.

As I pointed out in an earlier post I do not expect the LATE votes to change the boards position. BUT I think its important to know how ANY board member who misses out on the vote stands on ANY and ALL issues that require the board to take a vote.

We should also NOT have to BEG to get information on how the board members stand. The board members who miss out on voting the issues should be forthcoming with the information. Albeit late.

Just like both Zack and Boba did.

JABBA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2006 11:21AM by frzbman.
January 17, 2006 11:22AM
It is a good thing to know how they vote, or even better to let us all know how YOU would like us to vote. We need the input of all the SN players. It can be difficult, to be sure.

I guess we just need to hear form Russ now. ..

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
HB1
January 22, 2006 11:39AM
I hope you guys don't mind me changing the subject here, and I'm sorry I am very late getting around to asking about this, but I am new to the open division and just noticed that the SNPC is held on labor day weekend. I see where the last few years it has been held on the first weekend in september. Will it always be on that weekend? Maybe I am in the minority here, but my family has been celebrating Labor Day weekend together for years. It is a big family affair, and it will be a major sacrifice for me to play that tourny. I understand that others may enjoy having it that weekend and that's cool, I was just wondering if this was a permanent thing or if we were just trying it for a few years to see how people liked it.
January 22, 2006 09:02PM
The SNPC has always been held on labor day weekend. One of the reasonings behind this (I think) is to let the tournament have at least 3+ rnds, a final 6, a good long awards ceramony, and let people get back home late and then have Monday off. Also, since this is the biggest/most important tournament in the SN, depending on were it is located, many players would be traveling a good distance to go to this tournament and they could travel back home on Monday.

Terry Zeringue
January 23, 2006 08:42AM
Asking for votes from people who did not attend the meeting is just plain dumb.

In no other place...anywhere....government...board meetings etc...do you yell for a vote from the the guys who didn't make the meeting.

You look at their voting record including how many meetings they missed to determine if you want them back. I for one, wouldn't want someone in "office" who never made the meetings.

If someone didn't vote Blabba, just consider the vote against whatever side you were wanting.

Duke of Disc Golf A-Number 1
[daffyshirts.com]
January 23, 2006 08:42AM
HB1,

Yes, this date is pretty much set in stone. This years combined Pro/Am Championships, the 10tn annual, will be going back home to Mobile Alabama, where it all began.

I understand the sacrifices that must be made by everyone who plans to attend. Many do bring their families & friends. It is the biggest event of the Southern Nationals, and, being the 10th annual, will be the biggest of tham all to date.

I hope that you will be able to attend, this one will be special.

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
January 23, 2006 02:53PM
Talked to Keith at discraft and he did not mention being contacted by you guys for a chance at being a sponsor or supplying baskets. They have at least released first runs of their discs the last two years for the championship tournaments. I would like to at least see them given a chance to respond. If Innova is the better deal, so be it. But at least leave the door open. Keith will be back on Monday of next week if you would like to talk to him.

Shane
January 23, 2006 03:03PM
Shane, could you email me that number? We are interested in discs as well. Thanks Boba

January 23, 2006 05:31PM
Shane,

I guess the reason for that would be that they only had one model of basket listed on their site, and we were looking for three levels of baskets.

I will look again, nothing is settled yet, we are still looking into it all. .

417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013