Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Board Meeting – 28 Dec 05 – 11 Jan 06

Posted by John K 
Re: SN Board Meeting – 28 Dec 05 – 11 Jan 06
February 01, 2006 08:15PM
zhudson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bluff, I you cashed in this event with a pro
> partner, while you were playing an AM division,
> you can play automatically in a lower division.ut
> yes after 6 months of no cash, you are free to
> roam the AM divisions. Correct me if I'm wrong
> other board members.

sorry zack, but I didn't get that in this quote, couldn't read it and couldn't figure out what it was meant to say.

and when did I speak for you?

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2006 08:16PM by TheZinger.
February 01, 2006 08:19PM
if you couldn't read it then how would you know that 2 of us agreed?
February 01, 2006 08:32PM
Southern National Disc Golf Doubles Section 3

rule 3.4

A player's classification per SNDG handbook 1.3,1.4,1.5 is not changed by competing in a SNDG doubles tournament and /or the SNDG doubles Championship.(i.e. Amateur does not become a Pro by pairing with Pro and Placing,etc...)
Anonymous User
February 02, 2006 09:54AM
So...it looks like one vote for yes, one vote for no, and one vote that inspector zinger and anyone else with a fifth-grade education can't decipher.

that's the SN Board we all know and love. :):) looks like it is one of those issues that is better left to monday-morning quarterbacking per standard SN Board policy. :)

February 02, 2006 10:16AM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> Dear Honorable SN Board of Directors,
>
> I have a question regarding eligibility in SN
> sanctioned doubles events.
>
> If a player has not taken cash in an SN doubles
> event in the last 6 months, are they eligible to
> play in a lower division?
>
> Thanks so much for your time and dedication to the
> sport of disc golf. Remember Jesus loves you.
>
> Yours truly,
>
> Bluff Magee

Bluff, where in there did you mention cashing in singles? So, the answers you where given are correct. Now, if you have cashed in singles, that would be another question. Then JK's answers is correct. Not sure why there would be a need to call in the monday QB but, if you have any further questions im sure we will be happy to TRY and answer them! So which one of us was the AM???You knob!
i see where it was Zinger that mentioned the singles deal! why?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2006 10:21AM by Tax Man.
February 02, 2006 10:16AM
Bluff,

I believe that John was replying to Zingers post, which was just confusing the issue.

For one, did "Mike" cash in a pro division or an amateur one?

IF cashing in a Pro division the week before, he could not play in ANY amateur division, doubles or otherwise, as he would have been a "Pro" after accepting cash in a Pro singles event.

If, as Griff did at the Tishomingo Ice Bowl, he had turned down the money and took prizes instead, he would still be eligible to play in the amateur divisions.

In answer to you original question:

"If a player has not taken cash in an SN doubles event in the last 6 months, are they eligible to play in a lower division?"

The answer is YES, regardless to what divisions have been played in the past six months or whether it is a doubles or singles event.

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Anonymous User
February 02, 2006 10:57AM
DG Guy Wrote:

>
> In answer to you original question:
>
> "If a player has not taken cash in an SN doubles
> event in the last 6 months, are they eligible to
> play in a lower division?"
>
> The answer is YES, regardless to what divisions
> have been played in the past six months or whether
> it is a doubles or singles event.

Thanks DG Guy for answering the question.

February 02, 2006 11:01AM
bluff, you knob!

February 02, 2006 11:25AM
confusing the issue?? I knew the answer,, the answer is NO, he can NOT play Adv in a doubles event this weekend. He only mentioned cashing in a doubles event because he thought doubles and singles were two totally different rules, but it is not because if you cash in singles then you are not allowed to drop down for doubles. Next time ask him if he cashed in a singles event the last 6 months before giving an answer.

I wish he could play Adv though!

Terry Zeringue
Anonymous User
February 02, 2006 11:42AM
Zinger, i think you are confused again. DG Guy clearly stated the correct answer. Is there something your sandbagging butt would like to add?
February 02, 2006 11:47AM
when is the last time you cashed at any SN event.

Terry Zeringue
February 02, 2006 03:56PM
Bluff he could be right. You need another week. Go figure!
[sndg.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2006 03:58PM by Tax Man.
February 02, 2006 04:00PM
tax man said I could be right :O) but I still wish he would team up with JB in ADV

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2006 04:32PM by TheZinger.
February 02, 2006 04:14PM
Mike Kernen will not be eligible to play Advanced until February 14, 2006 according to Memphis records. heh heh

Duke of Disc Golf A-Number 1
[daffyshirts.com]
February 02, 2006 04:15PM
they are correct. so your bagging butt is safe for now. to bad Bluff, it looks as thou Zinger called your bluff:}}}

Anonymous User
February 03, 2006 09:41AM
nope, i'm going with DG Guy's pronouncement. he's been on the board longer than you Boba so he is much smarter.
February 03, 2006 10:40AM
you got me there!

February 03, 2006 10:48AM
I am answering the question "if they have not cashed in the last six months" So, if they HAVE, it is a different story.

I was replying to the original question about the "friend", I do not know who this "friend" is, so I have not checked to see if they have cashed, or when.

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
February 03, 2006 10:51AM
see you where right about DG guy:]~~~ he nailed it once again. did you say something?

February 03, 2006 11:36AM
DG Guy Wrote:
> I am answering the question "if they have not
> cashed in the last six months" So, if they HAVE,
> it is a different story.

The question wasn't "if they have not cashed in the last six months", the question was "If a player has not taken cash in an SN doubles event in the last 6 months". You see, as board members I would have hoped that you all would care enough to answer the question right. If you all had needed more info, which yall did need since in a doubles event it doesn't matter if you cash or not, you all should of asked for more info.

The correct way to answer Mike's question, TO ME, would have been, "Mike, We can not answer your question without knowing if you cashed in a singles event within the past 6 months. Could you please tell us when the last time you cashed and we can answer your question correctly."

You see, as board members I would hope that you guys take your "job" seriously enough to answer questions people have correctly to your full knowledge. If after obtaining all the info needed you all still don't know the answer, then say so and ask another board member. That is the only problem I have right now, is that Mike's question needed more info to answer, but it looked to me that some of you didn't care enough to ask for more info. If yall don't care how do you expect the rest of us to care?

ps, not bashing, just upset that it was said that I am "confusing" the subject when yall really didn't know what you all were talking about. All I can ask for now is that the board lead the SN in the right direction and not be so quite about things. I rarely see any communication from the board to the players that are on the forum. I'm just hoping that the board isn't giving up.

Terry Zeringue
February 03, 2006 01:16PM
no only you did!!!! roflmao!!!

Zinger, you can use your hammer to get to that peanut if you need to. The question was a simple one and was answered acording to what was asked. If bluff wanted another question answered im sure he could have asked. Instead you added more questions but, you quickly answered your own question so, why should we be redundent? Job??? im not sure i am on anyones payroll as you already know!

QUITE??? Do you have any other questions?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2006 01:19PM by Tax Man.
February 03, 2006 01:44PM
It's post like your's that make us stay quiet. It was a simple question..I admitt I had about 10 typos in there but I was also trying to do my 7-5 job while answering the question. I even posted the rule straight from the SN handbook what more do you want?
February 03, 2006 10:16PM
Thanks guys... you make me proud to be part of SN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry Zeringue
February 19, 2006 05:26PM
February 19, 2006 06:50PM
No wonder this forum's gone downhill.
March 30, 2006 11:18AM
******************DONT MISS THE SPRING FLING************************

*******************TILL THE GREGOSNOSE*****************************

"i am pure EVIL,now give me your funds"
creator of the most popular thread on the S.N.forums of all time
"Screw your Friggin Points"
PAID FOR BY THE FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS OF THE GregOsnose "Sandbaggers, help the sport, help yourself - move up."
[profiles.yahoo.com]
March 30, 2006 11:48AM
What new 'outside' sponsor would give money when this web site is almost certainly the first place they'll look to research disc golf. I have already spoken to two of my clients about such a sponsorship (large) but there is no way I would send them here....I just had to let it go.

Not that the PDGA forum is much better but it's older and should be more mature. *sigh* However, this web site is tight and clean. It could be much more than just a BB for us to shoot the poo on...Although there is a need for that; maybe on a club site?

I look around at the other sports' pages and see pga.com has no forum at all, for good reason it would seem.

This is just what I see. I could very well be blind as a bat.

-Robert Cassell
Anonymous User
March 30, 2006 12:15PM
is money more important than FUN? remember the SN motto, "IT'S ALL ABOUT FUN"

get over yourself Ace, disc golf will never be big-time corporate. the demographic is dirt-poor hippies with less than a high-school edumacation, who get pissy when you suggest they pay $5 to play a round of disc golf. there's not much money to be made off the sport so that's why corporate sponsors stay away.

as for the PGA not having a forum, big deal! that has nothing to do with big corporate sponsorship. look at BASEBALL and its PLAYERS THAT ARE FULL OF STEROIDS. baseball has shown that cheating to win is OK with corporate America...do you see a lack of sponsorship for baseball? IT'S ALL ABOUT $$$. and ball golf is full of $$$. if the PGA made a forum for everyone to post on i guarantee they wouldn't lose sponsorship.

you uppity preacher types make my bowels churn...and for that i thank you, it's better than Ex-Lax for my aging colon. but if you wanted to dilute the crap you accuse us of posting, you holier-than-thou types need to post more often and post something worth reading. making a tournament info-only section of the forum as some have recently suggested is probably a great idea, with stricter control of the unwashed masses. you and Russ and DG Guy and Brad could post all day long and not have to worry about the folks out here who aren't ashamed of comedy.
March 30, 2006 01:06PM
^^ Case and point.

I thought I made an honest point. Actually, I know I made an honest, non-volatile post. So rather than counter it with something useful, you call names? Please.

There is no desire from this player to commercialize the sport; there are vendors in the market for that purpose alone. Boosting payouts and spreading the sport is what my sponsor money would go to. Not sure what post your anger is directed at but it can't be mine. I haven't made a post in weeks if not months.

-Robert Cassell
March 30, 2006 01:19PM
What you fail to distinguish is the difference between an established sport and one that is still relatively obscure. Quit being a sensationalist Kernan and look at things realistically and objectively. You are the biggest holier than thou out there. This forum was never intended for comic relief and it is a shame that someone who was once so involved in the sport cannot be respectful of that.

You act just like someone from a repressed ethenic group that cannot look to the future and instead would rather wallow in misery.

You are right that it is all about fun though, and I guess all that fun would become extinct like the dinosaurs when you become too old to play if it were up to you.

We all need to think about the future of this sport and how we can attract new people and grow.

I know that you are not a happy individual lately Mike and that is somewhat understandable but give up on the bashing it is not doing you or anyone any good. The sport needs experienced people like you in order to move along and grow.

I hope to see you soon,

Russell Bourg
former PDGA member # 26070
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013