Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

players pack

Posted by Tommy W. 
players pack
November 14, 2005 11:00AM
i think EVERY SN event should have an AM's package.

this is coming from someone that never "cash's" at an event. i come for the love of the game, but it would be nice to come home with a little something....especially after paying 25-35 bucks
Re: players pack
November 14, 2005 12:25PM
practice, practice, practice......

but that IS also the reasoning behind such extras as "CTP's", Rings of Fire, raffles and ace pots......more than one way to be a WINNER!!

Still, any tourney of real size should attempt to offer at least a tourney stamp disc for a player's pack......but sometimes the issue is really one of turnout that kills the offering of a players pack...Griff

Griff
November 14, 2005 01:27PM
Griff (CounselorGriff) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> practice, practice, practice......
>
> but that IS also the reasoning behind such extras
> as "CTP's", Rings of Fire, raffles and ace
> pots......more than one way to be a WINNER!!
>
> Still, any tourney of real size should attempt to
> offer at least a tourney stamp disc for a player's
> pack......but sometimes the issue is really one of
> turnout that kills the offering of a players
> pack...Griff
>
> Griff
>

I know where your coming from with this. I'm pretty sure the SN can come up with at least a southern nationals disc to "give away" at each and every tourny. so at the very least you got one of those. then at the "big" tournaments you could get the tournament stamped discs and the SN disc.

i say this because of some of the people at enid made mention of not getting anything for playing/paying

November 14, 2005 04:38PM
What is the enid?

Terry Zeringue
November 14, 2005 04:43PM
Zinger,
He's referring to Lake Enid which is around Cossar State park, where last weekend tournament was.

John k
November 14, 2005 04:54PM
Oh, well I'm not an expert on disc buying in bulk, but there were only 39 Amateur players at that tournament. I think (but not sure so somebody help me out) in order to place an order of "tournament stamped" discs you must purchase 100 to make any kind of decent deal that would be worth wild. Unless a TD expects about 100 ams, then it would seem likely that a tournament would get tournament stamped discs. Just my opinion though.

Terry Zeringue
November 14, 2005 07:59PM
can the Southern Nationals buy a Southern Nationals stamped disc.....send them around to each of the "known" smaller tournaments. give them to all the AMs and the "bigger" tournaments buy their own and give away. I'm just saying this because alot of the "local" people that don't really go to that many tournaments just "donate" their money.
November 14, 2005 08:27PM
Tommy, the idea is good so please don't think I'm "knocking" the idea, but last year if you add all the all AMs from all the tournaments it totaled 4575.
Advanced Men – 1262
Adv Masters – 246
Am Masters – 266
Am Men – 1923
Am Women – 252
Juniors – 165
Novice - 461
Total - 4575

That is a hell of alot of discs. Where would the money come from? I like the idea, maybe some "minds" of the disc golf world can think about how to get the $$. I don't see the idea happening this year or next year, but maybe if we take some of the money from the SNAC or somewhere else (just using as an example of where to look for the money) then maybe that might be an idea that could be worked out.

Terry Zeringue
November 15, 2005 08:08AM
and like Zinger said....what happens when the Am goes to another tourney and collects another like disc.....

10 rocs with the same stamp are not likely to save your game....

Griff
November 22, 2005 01:34PM
I think that's the idea that JIM O has used in the past
FREE BAG OR DISCS when novices sign up at events because that's a quick way for EVERYONE to get something and not go home empty handed while watching the baggers CASH in with a STACK of plastic. Thins out the payout at the awards too. Not quite so TOP HEAVY...although I feel the winner does need to be rewarded for winning.

JABBA
November 22, 2005 02:57PM
Will has always given $15 worth of "stuff" to novices and juniors for just signing up, but these aren't tournament stamped or SN stamped discs. I agree with the thin out part.

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2005 02:58PM by TheZinger.
February 02, 2006 09:17PM
One thing to remember, a players pack comes out of the overall payout, so the top guys will get a lot less.

The BIG problem here is that NO ONE ever lets the TD know far enough in advance that they will be there, so how in the world is he supposed to know how much to get.

If you all want to pre-register, send you money in AT LEAST a month in advance, you might give him a chance to do something for all the players. ALL is a VERY vague term, since there is absolutley no way to know what that number will be.

Dg Guy - Disc GOlf Plaques & Awards
417-876-2197 House
417-296-6560 Cell

Know what you throw. . .
. . . throw what you know!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013