Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Southern National Board Minutes April 19, 2005

Posted by Russ C 
Southern National Board Minutes April 19, 2005
April 19, 2006 09:48PM
April 19 Southern Nationals Board Meeting

The Southern Nationals' Board of Directors met in a regular session Wednesday, April 19,2006.

Board members present: John Kittrell, Robert McDonald, Zack Hudson and Russ Corey. Absent Board members: Bill McCarty, Bob Satter.

1. After the 2005-06 SN season is completed, John Kittrell will post a spreadsheet reflecting the SN fees that were paid this year and any outstanding fees. JK is in the process of notifying tournament directors who have outstanding Southern National fees due.

2. The board discussed but did NOT take action on removing .25-cents from each $2 SN fee to be used to cover expenses, such as banners, ads, points discs, awards plaques, wally free award expenses, etc. The consensus of attending board members was to go forward with the plan to take .25-cents from am and pro fees and place the money into a single account for expenses to be determined by the board. A full accounting of that fund will be provided to the SN community at large. The issue will likely be voted on during the May 3 meeting or during an upcoming meeting when all board members are present. Additional input will also be sought during this time.

3. Bag tags for the 2006-07 SN season was also discussed but no action was taken. It needs to be determined what type of tags and how many tags will be purchased for the upcoming season. The possibility of offering tags for sale online was mentioned, but the cost of shipping would have to be addressed and likely be covered by the buyer.

4. Zack Hudson agreed to get the advertising rates for the two disc golf publications for a possible advertisement for the 2006-07 Southern Nationals Tour.

5. There will likely be an addendum to this synoposis once I get a clarification from JK on another issue that was discussed.

6. All other items, including those solicited from SN players from Russ C. will be discussed at a later meeting.

Roc on, SN!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2006 09:44AM by brianlmoon.
Re: Southern National Board Minutes April 19, 2005
April 20, 2006 08:30AM
Thank You Russ and to those in attendance.
That is communication at its finest.

One thing that Bill likes to tout is that the BOD can vote on issues as long as there is a quorum of 4...which there were 4 present last nite so why didnt you,
the BOD, vote on the quarter fund issue?? Why did it get put off another month?

Thanks again

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
April 20, 2006 08:55AM
Doug, I believe it was John and Mac that wanted to think on it some more before we voted. rWc
April 20, 2006 09:07AM
See how good this OPEN communication thing is.
Thanks again Russ.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
April 20, 2006 09:11AM
I'm all for it, Doug. I also sent copies of all the posts from my message on board suggestions. We just didn't get to all of them last night. rWc
April 20, 2006 12:55PM
We wanted to also get more input from the masses, we don't want to operate in a vacuum. I'm for taking .25 from the $2 sn fee.

John k
April 20, 2006 12:55PM
And I agreed, as long as it was across the board (pros and ams alike
April 20, 2006 01:53PM
I also agreed..but there is the discussion of how to allocate these funds. Which is the reason why we held up on the vote..we want to make sure that there are no loose ends reguarding this matter.
I also spoke with Rick Rothstien at Disc Golf News earlier today..and indeed got some prices to run a listing of all our tournies in that quarterly magazine. I would be updated each quarter to show tournies that were scheduled one year from print date of hat issue. More to come on this later
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013