Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any rules on banning a player from tournament play?

Posted by WillyBT 
Any rules on banning a player from tournament play?
May 01, 2007 11:07PM
Just wondering if there were any rules on banning a player from SN tournaments.

Does the TD have the last word?
Can he refuse anyone?
What about statewide?
How about PDGA players that have been banned? should they beable to play?

Any PDGA rules that are presidence? (right word?)

Can just being a "bad apple" that you don't want around the rest of the healthy bunch be enough to ban someone?

Just wondering.

Willy BT
Re: Any rules on banning a player from tournament play?
May 01, 2007 11:31PM
No rules in place concerning banning players from playing in a sn tournament.

Also I don't think we want to get into the practice of banning players that have been banned from pdga tournaments. Thats is if it is only a sn tournament obviously if it is dual sanctioned, then we should honor the pdgas bans.

This is my opinion but I think that a td should have some discretion, the td or club does the majority of the work and should have some say. If it is a private course then the owner of the course can definitly say who can or can't play.

I know Mikey banned Buddy and Eric from tournaments he had at rivendale and I think that was his right.

Again this is my opinion.

John k
May 02, 2007 05:40PM
just don't ban da bird!! AAAAIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!! griff

Griff
May 03, 2007 06:52AM
I guess that it would depend on the offense, and if enough individual td's banned an individual it might have a regional effect.

Russell Bourg
former PDGA member # 26070
May 03, 2007 03:19PM
Not if there are no rules taking precedence... only issue I could see is if it's a sanctioned event and there were SN or PDGA rules that prevented an "unwarranted" ban.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
September 25, 2007 11:55AM
It's called an Invitational Tourney!!!
September 25, 2007 01:30PM
JACK ARE YOU SAYING MAKE ALL TOURNAMENTS BY INVITE ONLY????? INTERESTING; BUT I MUST AGREE WITH FISHMAN IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THEY DID; EXAMPLE WE HAD A PERSON WE CAUGHT STEELING A BASKET; HE IS NOT ONLY BANNED FROM TOURNEYS BUT HE IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY; BUT ON THE SAME HAND JUST BECAUSE THE T.D. CAN'T STAND SOMEONES PERSONALITY ; THATS NO REASON.
September 26, 2007 08:57AM
No Mike...Only on the ones that Need to be! As for Who Picks, It would be the Board and the TD. AND Also Make Some NOT Age Protected Tourneys, So there is more Competition Instead of Sandbaggin'!
September 26, 2007 11:20AM
gotcha!!!!!!!
November 27, 2007 01:57AM
I think if the TD is footing the bill he should have the right to ban someone if he chooses... regardless the reason.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
December 06, 2007 07:50PM
JIM O. BANNED ME FOR THREE MONTHS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FOR SMACKING BUDDY IN THE MOUTH AT A CHICKASABOGUE TOURNEY. HOWEVER IN MY DEFENSE, I DID JUST BIOTCH SLAP HIM LEFT HANDED AFTER BEING REPEATEDLY CURSED AT AND TOLD TO SHUT THE F UP. I ADMIT IT. I DID OVEREACT, BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT BUDDY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED TO. I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND JIM O. FEELING OBLIGATED TO DO SOMETING. HOWEVER EVEN HE ADMITTED BUDDY DESERVED IT. SO IN RESPONSE TO THE THREAD TOPIC. BAN EVERYONE YOU WANT. AS MUCH AS YOU WANT. WHENEVER YOU WANT. FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT. THAT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN THE POLICY IN THE PAST. AND IT WORKS.
P.S.(IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH THE SUSPENSION.HE DESERVED IT AND EVERYONE KNEW IT.)
Anonymous User
December 06, 2007 08:04PM
bernie, that was truly one of the great moments in disc golf. i am glad i was there to witness it! i'm honored to know you sometimes. :)
December 06, 2007 08:16PM
I have heard of worse incidents that went unpunished.
December 06, 2007 10:24PM
My take is that the SN is merely a tournament series and not really a governing body. We have rules stipulating sanctioning and some stipulating divisions but we largely do not get into the rules of disc golf.

That being said, I believe that players play 100% at the discretion of the TD (he/she/they did not have to host the event) and thereby have every right to exclude anyone they choose. If a player or players do not like it they can protest by not playing the event themselves or by hosting their own event.

Just my opinion.

Jeff H
July 02, 2008 09:55AM
I agree with Jeff. The TD/club that hosts any tournament does it on a volunteer basis and therefore has the right to exclude undesirable attendees. There may not be an invitation list, but it is the club's/TD's party, and those attending it do so at the descretion of the host!

[tupelodiscgolf.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2008 10:34AM by Grayson Robbins.
July 02, 2008 02:58PM
Grayson Robbins
I agree with Jeff. The TD/club that hosts any tournament does it on a volunteer basis and therefore has the right to exclude undesirable attendees. There may not be an invitation list, but it is the club's/TD's party, and those attending it do so at the descretion of the host!

Grayson, I tend to agree but, how would the player's' know in advance? That could make a bad thing even worse.

July 02, 2008 04:33PM
Communication is the key. It would need to be done inadvance, of course.

[tupelodiscgolf.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013