Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OT: My Bro-In-Laws do it again!

Posted by Gilligan 
OT: My Bro-In-Laws do it again!
August 13, 2009 12:48AM
Some of you have met my bro-in-laws and have seen their hilarious youtube videos... well.

They have seriously out done themselves on this one.

Do YOURself a favor and check it out...

Inglourious BasTARDS (a spoof of the trailer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OT: My Bro-In-Laws do it again!
August 13, 2009 03:57AM
Bump!
August 13, 2009 08:34PM

Tell me that's not great... that's a straight screen capture from the video and Josh (Ponce) NAILED it!

August 14, 2009 08:36AM
So bad I couldnt even watch the whole thing. Do YOURself a favor and skip it. Coulda done without this crap. Give me my minute and a half of my life back. Oh and Gilly it's not great. There I said it.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
August 14, 2009 09:43AM
Wow, Jabba... either you have no taste or you distain for me is so great it allows you to not appreciate great comedy.

It was the 15th top rated in the Entertainment section of youtube... go figure.

August 14, 2009 10:02AM
i personally love their work!

the father's day one was great..

jabba do US all a favor and quit being a d---head and save yourself another minute of your life (and OURS) by NOT posting anything

August 14, 2009 11:49AM
Throw it up there, expect criticism .... I tend to agree with Jabba .. hope they keep their day job ......

what does this have to do with DG anyway ? Even though it's marked OT, I ask why? I come here for DG, not that crap.

[tupelodiscgolf.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 11:51AM by Grayson.
August 14, 2009 12:13PM
It has as much to do with DG as does the NCAA thread that runs here every year... I come for disc golf... not football!

They haven't had a day job in years... this IS what they do.

You guys are watching the original trailer for this also right? That is where half of the comedy lies... it's almost shot by shot spoof.

I have no issues with criticism... I felt Jabba was a little off base and I felt like it might be do to who posted it. Trust me, we get PLENTY being that Josh has downsyndrome and played a Retarded Policeman (a series that was viewed about 60 MILLION times.) ;) Watch Ponce Responds to a Douche for a taste of some of the "criticism" they have recieved. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 12:17PM by Gilligan.
Fox
August 14, 2009 12:26PM
Grayson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I come here
> for DG, not that crap.

Then don't click on the thread. And not only did you click on the thread, after it was obvious it wasn't about disc golf, you then clicked on the youtube link? (even though you come here for DG, not crap) The great thing about these forums is that you choose what to read and what not to read. Take some personal responsibility. But you are right, expect criticism...you criticize him, I criticize you, someone else criticize me, and so-on and so-forth. It's a never ending cycle.
August 14, 2009 01:26PM
ditto ... I can take criticism because I firmly believe this forum was much better off back in the day when DG was the main topic. I, like many others, come here for DG and it's promotion. I'm not alone is advising I spend less and less time is on this forum because it's lack of consistency to the sport ... quite a shame .... :(

[tupelodiscgolf.com]
August 14, 2009 01:58PM
How many OT threads do you think we have here? They are in the lower side of the single digit percent wise. We've also asked for an OT section many times.

If you go look at any other forums in the world you will find OT post (sometimes they have their own sections, sometimes they don't.) This is the real world... it's not some insane place where everything is so strict that you can't stray off topic from time to time. The description of this forum reads "Non-disc golf topics are always fun, but try not to stray too far off topic." So if 2-3% of the threads are OT, I think we are doing just fine.

August 14, 2009 02:21PM
All I'm saying is spam it elsewhere because it's driven alot of valid dg'er away from this forum that used to welcome the information that was relayed here. If one truly wanted to promote the sport rather than themselves, it wouldn't be here.

There's other places on the web for that stuff. In certain forums it's not crap but valid posts ... just not here.

Simply put, does it promote the sport or lessen it? I believe we all KNOW the answer to that question. Chew on that and speak the truth.

[tupelodiscgolf.com]
August 14, 2009 03:38PM
Never thought this thread would get so hostile over an OT youtube comedy vid. LOL.

Tough day for forum and shoutbox users in all SN land. LOL.
August 14, 2009 04:10PM
I will have to admit that I dont mind the OT things that much as long as it dont cause fighting, But I have to agree with......... Gilly! although I didnt find this one funny but I do enjoy the retardid policeman!
August 14, 2009 04:11PM
the retarded policeman is quite funny, haha

-will
August 14, 2009 04:25PM
Grayson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I'm saying is spam it elsewhere...

Says the man with a link to his club's website on his signature vs the guy who created a php/mysql database to help users of this forum keep track of bag tags.

This is Stacey's brothers and my bro-in-laws... they have come out to a tournament before and have met many of the players... even went out to dinner with a bunch of them (where Ponce treated us all to the Mexican Hat Dance!) So... it's not spam by any means... just OT, as I stated in the subject so one didn't need to click on the link if they didn't want to.

I DEFINITELY fail to see how the initial fist few posts would drive anyone away from this forum.

August 14, 2009 04:28PM
Watch Homophobe and retard, please

They are both rather funny
August 14, 2009 04:29PM
Spoken like a true homophobe! :)

August 14, 2009 04:30PM
O and response to a douche is hilarious!

hehehe

I drew a picture wanna see it..... its a house with smoke coming out the chimney! haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 04:31PM by head.
August 14, 2009 07:20PM
There's a broader view here Kevin. It's not just your post I refer, it's the abundance of like ones that have distracted this site from the true DG venue we once cherished.

My point being stated clearly about how posts as these do nothing for this forum or the SNDG, I leave you to continue the banter amongst yourself!

I won't be part in any debate in this regards because it will only flame the fire. This is an issue that only the SNDG BOD can handle effectively and they obviously deem it unnecessary. As many before me, I can easily leave this forum for greener pastures elsewhere.

Sa la vie, my friend.

[tupelodiscgolf.com]
August 14, 2009 10:41PM
As stated... we, the accused, have asked for an Off Topic section many times.

August 15, 2009 08:48AM
LOL wow Gilligan how can you possibly post something not related to disc golf? You should be ashamed of yourself!!! I think LIFE in prison is not justice enough maybe death penalty would fit this crime. lmmfao some people need to relax MY GOD so what if this is not disc golf related, hey if you see fire would you touch it??? In other words you don't like you don't read...............................BTW funny stuff Gilligan.
August 15, 2009 09:52AM
And even after you read it,,, you don't have to post about it. Because all you are doing is posting about a non disc golf topic.

Terry Zeringue
ESP
August 15, 2009 12:14PM
wow!!! amen. i was trying to see where the rules of forums and posts was plese someone help me so i dont get kicked from here too. sounds like something that may need to be posted. i thought as long as it was in good taste anyone could say what they wanted. i love to see these post you guys have on here. DG or no DG relation. i dont go to other sites. and rarely you tube. my son loves you tube. been on there a few times. BUT as stated if you dont like it dont read it.
August 15, 2009 07:37PM
I don't see whey the powers that be don't set up an off topic forum. The tapers forum I go to has one and believe me, if you post off topic posts ANYWHERE, they WILL be moved to the correct place. That would solve the problem here. I think most forums on other DG sites have an OT section. How difficult would it be. That would end this discussion once and for all. rWc3523
August 16, 2009 12:23AM
Usually the backend of these forums are VERY easy to create new sections.. click here type a title click this option (maybe a dropdown) and tada!

I'd love to help as well as help fix some of the glitches and bugs that have been pointed out by others (stats page not working is one that I already posted a sollution to... could be fixed in about 5-10 mins with the right access.

Don't get me wrong I'm not ungreatful for what Brian does here, it's great... and I don't expect him to be at our beck and call for this little issues, which is why I offer my services. Do you guys really think I'm gonna go nuts and hack the forum or something? I do this kind of work for a living and have no desire to screw up a site I spend so much time on.

Live life... and make sure to laugh... even if it is at a retarded guy. ;)

September 28, 2009 08:20PM
Bump!
September 28, 2009 11:02PM
Whacked from YouTube by the movie house. Got another link?
September 28, 2009 11:09PM
Yeah, there is a little drama with another youtube producer and he pulled a fast one here.

It's 100% original footage, music and sound effects... so they can't actually have it removed because it's protected by the parody thing.

It's on vimeo now.

[vimeo.com]

September 28, 2009 11:10PM
Make sure to either watch the movie or the original trailer first... brings a lot of clarity to the scenes here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

jcb
Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013