Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NCAA Football Picks!

Posted by head 
Re: NCAA Football Picks!
November 07, 2009 07:02PM
November 07, 2009 09:02PM
you call that an arse kicking???!!!???? LSU lost their starting QB AND Tailback and Bama had help from the refs to get a 9 point win!!!???!!!

Terry Zeringue
November 07, 2009 09:43PM
Hotty Toddy!
November 08, 2009 12:08AM
Bitter @#$%& just accept and wait till next year like the real TIGERS and get them next year

leo

War Eagle
November 08, 2009 12:15AM
bitter? not really, maybe towards the refs,,,,, but seriously, can you really call that an arse kicking?

Terry Zeringue
November 08, 2009 02:35AM
I call it a WIN and a trip to the SEC Championship. One more step toward the ultimate goal. One step at a time. Next stop, Mississippi State.

Cheers

rWc3523
ESP
November 08, 2009 10:37AM
WELL, it is kinda an arse kicking when you do take the game and atleast three guys out of the game. Kinda. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! #1 !!!!!!!! BAMA is still proving why we are the best in the land!!!! Florida is going down. DEATH BY TIDE!!!!!!!!
November 08, 2009 10:43AM
I think a Texas fan said it best:

"SEC games are like professional wrestling matches; just when you think your guy is gonna win, the ref hits him on the head with a folding chair."

Wow, just when I thought the SEC refs would have to behave because of all the scandals, they do it again. Even the Sporting News sees it, if fans of the benefactor teams don't.

[www.sportingnews.com]

But, at least Ingram helped me to get into the semifinals of SEC Fantasy. Thanks, dude.
November 08, 2009 11:26AM
Last time I checked "roll tide" wasn't # 1, not even # 2...

I however can't wait till the SEC Championship game to say Tide GOT Rolled!!! AGAIN, for the second straight year!
November 08, 2009 02:09PM
I hate LSU and I will even agree that they got screwed! That was an INT and everyone knows it.
November 08, 2009 05:19PM
head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate LSU and I will even agree that they got
> screwed! That was an INT and everyone knows it.

LSU had 9 total yards in the 4th quarter. They were NOT gonna score. They got the ball back and Lee was intercepted. Game, set, match. They got beat.
November 08, 2009 05:22PM
Ken, keep living in your roll tide fantasy.

There time on the chopping block is coming.
November 08, 2009 05:28PM
Dillon_Gourley Wrote:
> Ken, keep living in your roll tide fantasy.
>
> There time on the chopping block is coming.

Talk is cheap, my friend.

Unlike you and others' here, I make no predictions. I enjoy post game smack talk more! ; )

rWc3523
November 08, 2009 05:55PM
There's been entirely too much talk in the hours since Alabama finished off LSU 24-15 about a potential interception for LSU that was ruled an incomplete pass.

I'll admit that on the first replay, I also thought it was an interception. And you know what? I was wrong.

Take a look at the video of the play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuCLF7hJ6s&feature=player_embedded

If you listed to the commentary of the guy who made the clip, you'll hear that he thinks it is an interception. If you only pay attention to what he is paying attention to, you might also think that way.

But there is more to the play than where Peterson's feet are. Take a look at Julio Jones's feet.

Julio is clearly out of bounds. At the point where Peterson catches the ball, Julio clearly makes contact with the ball.

Because Julio is out of bounds and makes contact with the ball, the ball is dead - incomplete pass.

"Ball Out of Bounds

ARTICLE 3. a. A ball not in player possession, other than a kick that scores a field goal, is out of bounds when it touches the ground, a player, a game official or anything else that is on or outside a boundary line."

Julio is clearly out of bounds when he touches the ball simultaneously with Peterson. Even before Peterson could tuck the ball, the ball was dead.

DON'T be CONFUSED by FACTS & RULES.
November 08, 2009 06:26PM
I didn't listed to any commentary. In not even sure how to do that.

Save your excuses for when u lose to Florida again. There is only 1 team the refs like more than bama and that's Florida so yall are screwed

don't worry tho they will let yall get embarassed in bowl game against boise st. Instead of Utah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2009 06:33PM by head.
November 08, 2009 06:30PM
head Wrote:
> I didn't listed to any commentary. In not even
> sure how to do that.
>
> Save your excuses for when u lose to Florida
> again. There is only 1 team the refs like more
> than bama and that's Florida so tall are screwed
>
> don't worry tho they will let yall get embarassed
> in bowl game against boise st. Instead of Utah

Can't wait, so it will shut all these Roll Tiders up once and for all!!!
November 08, 2009 07:58PM
haters...

rWc3523
November 09, 2009 06:41AM
Not exactly smooth sailing in Starkville most years. Will be interesting to see how Nick does keeping the intensity level up. Playing lowly MSU having already locked up the West and perhaps looking past us to Auburn then UF. We have had two weeks to prepare solely for Bama and I imagine Dan will have a game plan in place. We should be healthy and well rested. Ready to take on the Tide. I can't wait until Saturday night. Bama D looks a little vulnerable to the option, hope we work some more of that into the game plan. Gotta give em a lot of Dixon.
November 09, 2009 11:59AM
AmoryBulldog Wrote:
> Not exactly smooth sailing in Starkville most
> years. Will be interesting to see how Nick does
> keeping the intensity level up. Playing lowly MSU
> having already locked up the West and perhaps
> looking past us to Auburn then UF. We have had two
> weeks to prepare solely for Bama and I imagine Dan
> will have a game plan in place. We should be
> healthy and well rested. Ready to take on the
> Tide. I can't wait until Saturday night. Bama D
> looks a little vulnerable to the option, hope we
> work some more of that into the game plan. Gotta
> give em a lot of Dixon.

Every team we play has the week off before Bama. Bama is use to that. I look for Bama to be very vanilla and pound our 3 RB's at MSu and wear you guys down with our depth. This is the formula we have used for 2 years. So far we are 21-2 during that time. State is ranked 51st in Total Defense. That will be a break after playing 4 straight Top 15 defenses in the country. I know State will be up and all, but emotion can only carry them for so long. Usually a quarter and a half. Good Luck Amory and here is to a injury free game for both teams. Bama 27 State 13.
November 09, 2009 01:27PM
Um, sorry dude, but that was an interception. The announcers knew it, everyone in the stadium knew it and everyone watching on TV knew it.

As for your moronic observation of Lee's INT, yeah, he threw one when LSU was down 9 and needed to pass every down. No one is saying that LSU would have scored, but they deserved to be given the chance after what was a legit turnover.

Sorry you've curled up into your delusional little Gump world, but the SEC agenda has become clear, even to the national media. Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't ever think that there's no favoritism. We've seen it all year long.

Oh, and I noticed that the Gumps came running immediately to this forum after the game. On Saturday night, to make multiple posts. Nice social lives y'all got there. Maybe we should let Bama win the BCSNC, so you don't all kill yourselves, having nothing else to live for and all.
November 09, 2009 04:14PM
LSU is LESS penalized than Bama according to the SEC stats....

Bama has more penalty yards. IT's a conspiracy isn't it dumbass blueboy?

Get a grip dude. Your team got the hell beat out of them. Jordan Jefferson quit. FACT

Another FACT... Bama 452 yards LSwho 253.... That is an @#$%& whipping!

He is getting bbq'ed by LSU fans on their forums b/c he quit!

I bet you see black helicopters as well.

PENALTIES G No. Yards Avg/G
1. Tennessee 9 46 349 38.8
2. Ole Miss 9 44 362 40.2
3. Kentucky 9 42 373 41.4
4. LSU 9 53 394 43.8
5. Florida 9 55 413 45.9
6. Alabama 9 51 443 49.2
7. Vanderbilt 10 66 515 51.5
8. Miss. State 9 56 496 55.1
9. Auburn 10 68 579 57.9
10. South Carolina 10 67 590 59.0
11. Arkansas 9 66 537 59.7
12. Georgia 9 85 696 77.3

OPPONENT PENALTIES G No. Yards Avg/G
1. Georgia 9 70 578 64.2
2. South Carolina 10 66 546 54.6
3. Alabama 9 60 489 54.3
4. Florida 9 59 483 53.7
5. Arkansas 9 64 471 52.3
6. Miss. State 9 55 443 49.2
7. Ole Miss 9 63 442 49.1
8. Kentucky 9 53 424 47.1
9. Vanderbilt 10 53 442 44.2
10. Tennessee 9 46 387 43.0
11. LSU 9 50 375 41.7
12. Auburn 10 48 386 38.6

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 04:16PM by Wildman.
November 09, 2009 04:58PM
Wildman Wrote:
> Get a grip dude. Your team got the hell beat out
> of them. Jordan Jefferson quit. FACT

Are you kidding?? This shows just how smart you are. He tried to come back in the game, but the coaches held him out. And about your "jones was out of bounds" post above,,,, you cannot see him touch the ball while out of bounds. LSU lost, but it would have been nice to have the ball ONLY DOWN BY 6. We won't ever know what would have been, and because of this it is time to play the rest of the season.

And as for your butt whooping comments: LSU kept losing starting players on both sides of the ball and your bama team only managed to win by 9.

Terry Zeringue
November 09, 2009 06:22PM
TheZinger Wrote:
> Wildman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Get a grip dude. Your team got the hell beat
> out
> > of them. Jordan Jefferson quit. FACT
>
>
> Are you kidding?? This shows just how smart you
> are. He tried to come back in the game, but the
> coaches held him out. And about your "jones was
> out of bounds" post above,,,, you cannot see him
> touch the ball while out of bounds. LSU lost, but
> it would have been nice to have the ball ONLY DOWN
> BY 6. We won't ever know what would have been,
> and because of this it is time to play the rest of
> the season.
>
> And as for your butt whooping comments: LSU kept
> losing starting players on both sides of the ball
> and your bama team only managed to win by 9.

B/c we Bama beat your lack of conditioned guys down. They went down like flies. See below...

That was taken after Trent made the 2 point conversion.

November 09, 2009 06:40PM
Jesus, you just get dumber and dumber with every post, don't you? Total penalties for the year has nothing to do with the legitimacy of penalties during UF and Bama games. Hitting me with the stats is also useless. Hey, the Dolphins held the ball for 46 minutes against the Colts earlier this year. Guess that means they won, huh? My god, you're stupid.

And Jefferson AND Peterson were held out by the coaches, despite their lobbying to return. Peterson was allowed back in, but not in time to get blocked in the back on this play.

Wow. "Play of the game," huh? LOL. Here's a closer look for you.

How about that "5 yard penalty" on 4th down, or was it a 6 yard penalty. Pay close attention, if your brain has enough power to, and look where they spot the ball after the penalty.

Or how about that Jefferson run on the first drive that was clearly a first down, but for the Gump-loving SEC official spot. I kinda knew we'd get screwed after I saw this one.

And what is the definition of spearing, anyway?

Here's the video, with the announcers agreeing. [www.youtube.com]

or facemasking

But of course, it's just me, right. I see black helicopters. Oh, but wait...

Sporting News
[www.sportingnews.com]

Since Miles won't say anything, I will. This is beyond bad officiating. It's so undeniably awful, I'm beginning to believe conspiracy nuts who claim the SEC is protecting its heavyweight teams (Florida and Alabama) since, you know, every poor call in the last month has involved, uh, Florida and Alabama.

CBS Sports
[www.cbssports.com]

It was that close, that wonderful and that great, except for one thing: How, exactly, do you paint a conspiracy theory? That's what they'll be screaming from here to Fayetteville and back in the SEC. Did LSU corner Patrick Peterson come down inbounds with an interception of a McElroy pass with 5:54 left in the game?

Early returns say he did, despite a ruling on the field that the pass was incomplete and backed up by the video replay booth. From this viewpoint, supported by sideline witnesses and seemingly by replays, Peterson's left foot was in and Peterson himself says both feet. CBS television kept showing a divot inbounds that looked like it was created when the sophomore cornerback landed. If that's the case, you have to wonder how it can happen again. The SEC -- Suspend Everybody Conference -- has another flaming bag of poo on its porch.

CNNSI
[sportsillustrated.cnn.com]

Instead, I have to write about the SEC officials. Again.

Because when officials went to the video with 5:54 remaining in Alabama's 24-15 win to determine whether Peterson intercepted McElroy along the right sideline, the replay official didn't see what most impartial eyes watching at home saw: Peterson got his left foot down with possession. He may have even gotten his right foot down. Officials on the field ruled Patterson caught the ball out of bounds. After a few minutes, replay official Gerald Hodges upheld that call, even though numerous replays shown on the CBS telecast seemed to show Peterson getting that left foot down with possession. Later, LSU players would say Peterson's left shoe left an obvious gash in the grass. (After interviews, I even took a photo of said gash.)

Yahoo Sports
[rivals.yahoo.com]

The referees disagreed. The replay official, Gerald Hodges, concurred despite what looked to most, including the CBS broadcast crew, that Peterson had made the pick.

Regardless of dissent, Alabama kept possession of the ball and went in for a game-clinching field goal. With the 24-15 victory, the Tide improved to 9-0 and kept their SEC and BCS title hopes alive.

And so, the latest episode of “This Week in SEC Officiating Controversies” began.

New York Times
[www.nytimes.com]

If these story lines sound familiar — fines, officiating concerns and quotes from unhappy coaches — it would be because they are a lot of the same issues the N.F.L. faces. The biggest difference, however, is that at the end of the N.F.L. season, the top teams are usually left to play each other, returning the focus to the field.

This week, we can talk about whether Louisiana State defensive back Patrick Peterson needed to have three feet inbounds, instead of the two he appeared to have, in order for his interception against Alabama to count. Or whether L.S.U. Coach Les Miles will be fined for his comments about the bad call.

MSNBC
[collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

From phantom celebration calls to questionable pass interference penalties to a touchdown return that wasn't to a non-interception interception just yesterday, the criticism of SEC officiating is at an all-time high and seemingly dominates the discussion on a weekly basis.

It would seem that something needs to be done about the level of officiating in the conference at season's end. To at least one high-level observer, though, that is far from the case.

Wow, that's a long and distinguished list of conspiracy nuts. Or maybe, just maybe, you're a complete friggin' idiot. As Les would say "Have a GREAT day."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 06:46PM by blueboy.
November 09, 2009 07:00PM
WOW!!!! Blue boy thats some serious whining; i mean don't take me wrong but don't you think you could take any game or even any play and find something illegal going on; i know that when i played even that long ago i would do anything the officials would let me until i got caught. I will assure you that for any infractions on one side you will find just as many on the other; maybe bama was just a little bit better than l.s.u. IM JUST SAYING!!!! and trust me i could care less about either one of them im a seminole and we suck PERIOD!!!! but it aint the fault of the zebra's.
November 09, 2009 07:05PM
What a $%^&.
Get over it you lost It does suck to get beat by AL but everyone in officiating looking the other way. I doubt that I dont give a crap about what anyone says YOU LOST and thats it. Enjoy the rest of the season and support your conferance. I dont care for the TIDE either but sure would like a Title for someone besides FL.

Leo Otto
War Eagle
November 09, 2009 07:26PM
Actually, I just copied that from another website.

No one is saying LSU would have won without the unbelievable bad calls, especially the ones the "refs" were right on top of or had the benefit of replay to @#$%&. However, LSU and the other teams who have been screwed like this deserve the chance to try. But be my guest, go find a bunch of LSU penalties that were "overlooked," but don't try to act like an authority just because you played. So did I. Big whoop.

And when the overwhelming majority of the national media sees it and you don't, I think it might be time to invest in some lasik.

But hey, I love our conference being a national joke now. Thanks for that.
November 09, 2009 07:35PM
ROLL TIDE ROLL
9-0
DEAL WITH IT

What a crybaby little girl you are. where did you play blueboy?

jmart

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 07:45PM by mobz.
November 09, 2009 07:57PM
TIDE WILL ROLL AT THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME LIKE LAST YEAR.

DEAL WITH IT!!!
November 09, 2009 08:08PM
sorry, i didn't hear ole miss, then or now. yall making a bowl game this year? no way in hell will it be like last years championship. ole miss ever been to an sec championship game? still not hearing any mississippi team.

9-0
jmart
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013