Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NCAA Football Picks!

Posted by head 
Re: NCAA Football Picks!
October 15, 2009 03:07AM
He's talking about turnover margin at the 7:30 mark, professor. I'm sure you meant the 8:30 mark. Yeah, Nick is known for his honesty and loyalty. And you can really feel the joy and enthusiasm in his voice throughout the video. LOL.

Deja vu. Thanks for that.
ESP
October 15, 2009 11:05AM
SOUNS LIKE BLUE BOY IS A BAMA FAN!!!!!!!!!!!! HE said it!!!!!!! ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!! #1!!!!!!!!!!! LSU HUH? Well , we will do what they couldnt do. BEAT THE GATORS!!!!!!!
October 15, 2009 06:44PM
bottom line is Bama rules LSU amd AU will rule you all. Well except Arkansas this year. Suck it up and deal with your bottom of the barrel team

leo
October 15, 2009 11:19PM
Yeah, Arkansas wasn't exactly Ball St., were they? We'll see what you rule next week after we've had two weeks to prepare.
October 17, 2009 10:19AM
RMFT

BMB
October 17, 2009 06:43PM
that was the game fla. was supposed to lose; well they won so i see them going all the way; unless bama grows up; but i don't see that happening; who else can beat the gators; i know it won't be the noles.
October 17, 2009 11:02PM
Did the Tide "grow up" any tonight, Mike? ; )

Face it, Florida and Alabama are on a collision course once again and the winner of the SEC Championship game once again goes to the BCS National Championship game!

rWc3523

ROLL TIDE!!
October 17, 2009 11:14PM
Actually, the Tahd showed that their passing game is really lacking, because pass defense is not SC's strong suit and the numbers were still low.

Start worrying.
October 18, 2009 03:44AM
Bama has beaten EVERY team by double digits. Every opponent runs their mouth until they play us and then they say that we are beatable. They can't stand to lose by us shoving the football down their throats by running it. They know it is coming and still can't stop it. Prove it. UF sucks on offense. Arkansas was jobbed by the Refs on 3 calls. They ought to all be fired. Bama will pound Crompton and UT and have a week off to get ready for LSwho and their suck offense. Bama will kill Jefferson and move on to the Iron Bowl and beat down Todd and the Tiggers and then it will be payback for Teblow. Can't wait.
October 18, 2009 10:43AM
south carolina ain't no fla. i will assure you of that; and i can't believe im talking about fla like this; other than they are #1; trust me russ i will be a bama fan that night.
October 18, 2009 12:15PM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> south carolina ain't no fla. i will assure you of
> that; and i can't believe im talking about fla
> like this; other than they are #1; trust me russ i
> will be a bama fan that night.

Check!

I'm taking it one game at a time. Tennessee shouldn't be a problem, but you have to take every team seriously. The Tide can't afford to start looking toward LSU or Florida.

rWc3523
October 18, 2009 12:27PM
Apparently the AP likes the Tide. They're #1 in today's new rankings.

Roll TIDE!!

rWc3523
October 18, 2009 03:23PM
that means nothing!!!! as you well know. but again when they meet ROLL TIDE!!!!
October 18, 2009 08:22PM
Florida is #1 in the Harris, Coaches Poll and BCS. The AP is irrelevant, by their own choice.

And really, bama didn't look any better than UF yesterday. UF turned the ball over in the worst places, including one on their own 20 and two inside Arky's 15. Without that, Florida wins by at least 2-3 TD's.
October 18, 2009 08:31PM
Just so ya know Blue....Bama had 4 turnover's as well, and DID win by 2 TD'S!!!!! Also when you said South Carolina's pass defense is not their strong point , then why are they 5th in the nation in pass defense? Stop hating!! ROLL TIDE!!!!
October 18, 2009 09:30PM
Pin Seeker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just so ya know Blue....Bama had 4 turnover's as
> well, and DID win by 2 TD'S!!!!! Also when you
> said South Carolina's pass defense is not their
> strong point , then why are they 5th in the nation
> in pass defense? Stop hating!! ROLL TIDE!!!!

Don't confuse him with FACTS pin seeker..
October 18, 2009 09:41PM
Yeah your right Wildman!! Wouldn't take much to confuse him, he's an Lswho fan. I will keep that in mind next time!!!
October 19, 2009 01:56AM
Please. I've been keeping SEC Fantasy scores all season long. SC has played exactly one team that can pass worth a sh!t, and they gave up two TD's through the air. All of their other opponents either had no passing game or had QB's who were running for their lives the entire game. Their young DB's have talent, but they don't have the experience to be a top unit - yet.

And Bama had a turnover margin of two. Only one of those turnovers was committed on their side of the field, the 40 yard line. The other three were committed on SC's side of the field, but not very deep in their territory. SC's first turnover was an interception for Bama's first touchdown, which would have been their only touchdown if it hadn't been for one big run in a 6 play drive that led them to a score with 3 minutes left in the game. Seems you had trouble scoring TD's last week too. SC's second turnover was on downs, deep in Bama territory.

Florida, on the other hand, had a turnover margin of 4, all fumbles, 2 coming either deep in their own territory (both leading to scores) and 2 inside the Arkansas 10, preventing sure scores.

So, you can see how I have trouble agreeing that y'all are so invincible. You clearly have a lot to worry about. I'm just glad that Ingram, my starting RB, hooks me up every week. Thanks for that.
October 19, 2009 07:27PM
You clearly have a lot to worry about.

We are #1 or #2 in the rankings. We are 7-0. We have a Heisman-worthy RB. A Defense that is all-world. In 1992, Jay Barker was 4-13 for 52 yards in the NC game and we won by 3 TD's. Key here, wonderlic kid... is the fact that DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS

If the other team can't score...who is worried?
October 19, 2009 08:56PM
The Tide moved up after the Ole Miss game where the kicked five field goals and again (in the AP poll) after beating South Carolina. But who cares about polls, right? ; ) I take it one game at a time. We know what happens if they keep winning. But hey, let Blue have his fun. ; )

just sayin'

rWc3523
October 20, 2009 08:58AM
question, what is everyones take on the UT-OU game-jsut curious to opinions
October 20, 2009 07:54PM
anybody watch the game
October 21, 2009 08:06AM
I did....thought my Huskers enjoyed it so much they forgot to SHOW UP at their game....

On to the NFL.....
October 21, 2009 08:10AM
Jamie, I watched some of it. I think UT is a little over rated but I must say I am impressed how they and OU have stiffened their defenses this season. It is not a shoot out every week when they play. That will help them win a BCS championship. If UT goes undefeated and wins the big XII championship they are a shoo in to play either UF or Bama for all the marbles, if they lose one, I think USC jumps them. Got a couple of other noisemakers back there right now that I think will likely lose one. Cincy and Iowa win out a and a 1 loss big XII team may get bumped. I think Bama and UF may both take a loss and still make the big game if they win the SEC championship. Can't count out the likes of LSU, upset Bama and win out and it could be them just as well. SEC is stout this year and it will make it very hard to go undefeated as it does most years. UT took down the Sooners, just need to watch out for that pesky bunch in Stillwater.

My picks for the weekend:
USC Cocks over Vandy
Bama over UT (could be close if Crompton doesn't melt down)
Arky over UM
LSU over Auburn
Cincy over Louisville
GT over UVA
Pitt over USF
PSU over Michigan
Miami over Clemson
Tex. Tech over TAMU
Kansas over OU
Oregon over Washington
Iowa over Mich. State
TCU over BYU(close)

Upset Alert:
MSU over UF!!! What, a bully can dream can't he? I am 3-0 in Starkville when we cook gator meat for this game. I have the gator in the freezer now ready for Saturday. Go Dawgs!!
Dex
October 21, 2009 03:42PM
Go Dawgs

Dex
October 21, 2009 10:14PM
Actually, boys, that's one of the things I've heard Saban complain about. He'll get 2, 3, 4 wins and all of the friggin Gumps will start jumping around yelling "championship." Jesus, you people have no lives.
October 22, 2009 08:14AM
Sounds like you and Nick are real close, Boy. (rolls eyes)

rWc3523
October 22, 2009 08:57AM
my picks this week:

1. georgia tech----- 48 virg------- 17

2.miami--- 34 clemson----- 24

3. bama---- 24 tenn---- 21 (will be close)

4. up set of the week mizzou--- 28 texas----- 27

5. miss------ 31 ark------- 21

6. 2nd upset of the week louisville----- 24 cinn------- 18

7. fla------ 56 miss st. 14

8.lsu----- 27 auburn----- 17

9. seminoles---- 42 n. carolina----- 21
October 22, 2009 09:24AM
Good pix, Sidebottom.....but #7 is a little left field........we'll see!

I agree except #5.....sorry Ole Miss fans....da pigs got it!

#7...right answer, wrong score....more of a 35 - 17 situation...

and #9...the 'Noles should play by Huskers in the Toilet bowl......they MIGHT win, but not by 21 - even against UNC
(sorry, Boba....I feel your pain....)

Griff
October 22, 2009 09:46AM
toilet bowl for sure; we must have a winning season first and i don't see that happening; fla will destroy miss st. just watch. bobba i feel the pain as well; ponder for heisman!!!! thats all we got to cheer for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013