Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dear Mr. Sidebottom

Posted by Gilligan 
Dear Mr. Sidebottom
September 28, 2009 04:07PM
The first time we had any issues was when I brought up possible indiscretions at SNACs 2008... this was an issue that was brought up for the GOOD of the entire SN... this was never meant as a personal attack. Every time I bring up an issue with you it is usually regarding something for the good of the SN and it is rarely personal.

You on the other hand have CONSTANTLY attacked me on a personal level. You have called me names, and spoke ill of me to others regardless of whether it was something for the entire SN or just because you didn't like me questioning you. You have RARELY, if any, had anything to say about me on a professional level.

I ask that you please refrain from continued personal attacks on me and please stick to professional issues. I have tried to do just that in hopes that you would follow suit but you have not done so. So now I make a public request to you to please stop.

Thanks for your time,
Kevin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 04:07PM by Gilligan.
Re: Dear Mr. Sidebottom
September 28, 2009 04:20PM
get a little positive about you and i may refrain; meanwhile if i feel that not only you or anyone who is hurting our family i just cant ,won't, and never will back off; i told you before you know nothing about me; but now your finding out; i love disc golf and my disc golf family and the diffirence between me and most is i will stand up for it and stand up in a postive manner.
September 28, 2009 04:42PM
It seems that we are standing on the same principle. I'm not sure why you would say that I am hurting the disc golf community when I PM'd you about SNAC 2008... this IS where all this started between us.

I was making my inquiries on behalf on the SN and making sure that the SN wasn't getting hurt. For this you called me names and flat refused to speak to me about it.

Now, I have helped create a better environment for the SN by keeping non-disc golf related topics in their proper place and keeping the main forum of this site for disc golf related discussions. This is why people come here mostly and this has been a source of issues in the past. I am stepping up and offering my time/services to this community to help out when clearly we were in some need of a little TLC for our TD's and players. I have stepped up and done just that, posted results, made threads sticky, added tournaments and updated tournament info (one of which had been requested a couple of times over two months and had not been done.)... this is not to call out those that were doing these task because we all should understand that "real" life is more important and can get in the way. I am not one to judge whether or not anyone could have done better, in this case, only they can. I know that I can help out and I wanted to... so I offered and have been doing so. Typically I get paid really well for what I am doing here but this is something I can do for the community and am happy to do so. You have in turn lashed out at me and continue to do so for this. I don't understand that.

I will continue to be concerned about the SN and do all I can to protect and support it. I hope you can understand where I come from and do the same.

September 28, 2009 04:57PM
this thread sounds like it should be in the graveyard with the others ;)-
September 28, 2009 07:00PM
I completely agree. I'm blind now. I'm typing this with one of those special blind guy keyboards.
September 28, 2009 07:07PM
The ones with the dots on the F and J key... I have a few of those. :p

May 21, 2010 10:36AM
Ok... guess I had to dig this thread up. I guess I wasn't clear enough:

I again ask you (and add) please do not talk to me OR MY FAMILY... especially DO NOT send my wife messages on Facebook cursing at her... I believe you are crossing a line Sidebottom. You can have your petty BS with me but you do NOT curse another man's wife for absolutely no reason. She has never said a single thing to you and you had no business doing that. Not very Ex-board member like or Military like.

Again, please refrain from talking about me or to me OR my family. Guess I should ask my 15 year old daughter if she got cursed at too on Facebook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2010 11:01AM by Gilligan.
May 21, 2010 01:12PM
It's really too bad you guys couldn't have both served on the Board at the same time.
Maybe some of these differences could have been hashed out by now and the rest of us wouldn't be forced to bear witness.
Please settle this in person, in private or anyway you can that doesn't involve using the public forums of this website.
It's truly getting old.

A concerned Southern National Tournament Series Golfer
May 21, 2010 02:30PM
VANDETTA

BMB
May 21, 2010 03:41PM
It's vendetta not vandetta you illiterate. Go cut some grass.
May 22, 2010 01:23PM
I think if they both served at the same time,, more people would have liked to attend the meetings.

Terry Zeringue
May 22, 2010 07:56PM
she asked me to be her friend on facebook; and i thought that was funny; paaaaaleze!!!!
May 23, 2010 12:24PM
Sorry Mr. Sidebottom, I have never requested you to be my friend on Facebook. The possibility that one of your own FB friends sent you my name as a friend suggestion is more likely what happened. I'm sorry if you don't know the difference.

The sad part is this, you "thought" I sent you a friend request and then proceeded to respond back with a cursing and threatening message to me. That's even more disappointing than when I thought it was a message for absolutely no reason. I find it very sad that you are supposed to be a grown man, likely around my own father's age, and I just can't imagine how it's possible for a 50+ year old man to act so petty and childish.

I will tell you just like I did in my response message on FB. I have never sent you a message or made a post (until your FB message to me) about you are even a reference to you in any kind of way. I will also add, that I do not talk about you to other disc golf friends because you are never a thought in my mind. Please do not speak to me, message me, or make any posts about me or referencing me.

Thank you
May 23, 2010 01:50PM
oh shnap! this is getting better than wwtdd.com
May 23, 2010 03:50PM
o.k. i won't if you will just shut-up!!!!!!
May 23, 2010 06:13PM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> o.k. i won't if you will just shut-up!!!!!!

Holy crap! Are your differences that serious???
May 23, 2010 06:25PM
Mr. Mike, that my friend was rude. She and Kevin are just asking for all this drama to end. There is no reason to come back at them in a rude manner. Let the sleeping dog sleep! If he should need be woken up, then do what you will. As you and most of the SN family know I to dislike Kevin on many different levels. But I've learned to just let it be without having to hurt anyone. Stacy has been nothing but a friend to everyone she has played a round with, and should not have to get involved in you and her husbands affairs. Please leave her out of all this drama. I ask this as your friend as very much so her friend as well. Sometimes you just can't help but love who you love. She loves her husband, as well as the SN family. I will not post anything else about this subject, as to avoid having to see you two going at each other.
May 23, 2010 06:29PM
going at each other?
May 23, 2010 07:23PM
Johnathan Nyce Wrote:
> Mr. Mike, that my friend was rude. She and Kevin
> are just asking for all this drama to end. There
> is no reason to come back at them in a rude
> manner. Let the sleeping dog sleep! If he should
> need be woken up, then do what you will. As you
> and most of the SN family know I to dislike Kevin
> on many different levels. But I've learned to just
> let it be without having to hurt anyone. Stacy has
> been nothing but a friend to everyone she has
> played a round with, and should not have to get
> involved in you and her husbands affairs. Please
> leave her out of all this drama. I ask this as
> your friend as very much so her friend as well.
> Sometimes you just can't help but love who you
> love. She loves her husband, as well as the SN
> family. I will not post anything else about this
> subject, as to avoid having to see you two going
> at each other.

I think it was rude of a BOD member to air out his problems on the SN forum. I am sure he knew/knows how to pick up the phone?

I am not saying I think what was done was good, but I could have done without hearing about it on the SN FORUM!!!!

May 23, 2010 10:05PM
thanks robert!!!
May 23, 2010 10:18PM
You're right Bob... though if you look back... I wasn't on the board at the time... but one party involved was.

I actually DID pick up the phone... it's all there for anyone to read... Since I have been on the board I am pretty certain I haven't said anything to Sidebottom other than to request that he try to refrain from calling me names as I have moved on and won't even be reading his post from now on. On the other hand... it has been NON-STOP... to the point that now he just told my wife to "shut up!!!!" Wow... just wow.

I must say, that has got to be the most despicable display I have ever seen from a man of his age (not to mention rank/position).

Fair to say, I am BEYOND done with this.

*edit* ok, now I am done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2010 11:33PM by Gilligan.
May 23, 2010 10:40PM
you need to shut up to dicweed!!!!! go away cancer.
May 24, 2010 12:09AM
Gilligan Wrote:
> You're right Bob... though if you look back... I
> wasn't on the board at the time... but one party
> involved was.
>
What are u talking about? The above post about FB was made May 21, 2010!

So have you resigned?

So I say it again, why did u post this on the SN forum?

May 24, 2010 12:11AM
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense... he goes out onto an entire other website and harasses my wife and *I'm* the bad guy.

May 24, 2010 12:22AM
Gilligan Wrote:
> Yeah, that makes a lot of sense... he goes out
> onto an entire other website and harasses my wife
> and *I'm* the bad guy.

It does make plenty of sense! You as a BOD member should keep your personal issues off the SN forum!!!

Like I said, I do not condone his behavior, but you made it public. And even brought up the old thread????

2 wrongs don't make it right.

May 24, 2010 12:28AM
You've cheered him on the whole time so take your fleas.

May 24, 2010 12:39AM
Gilligan Wrote:
> You've cheered him on the whole time so take your
> fleas.

Where do you see me cheering anyone on? I said I do not "CONDONE" the act.

Fleas, lmao one more remark by someone that is suppose to be on the BOD.

Do the SN a favor and remove this thread as it is not going to be the way to solve your problem.

June 06, 2010 03:59PM
Man, I go to a freak festival in the Texas wilderness and this is what I miss. I win again.
June 08, 2010 08:41AM
Hold it, Blue said Freak Festival in TX......DO TELL!
June 08, 2010 03:26PM
Flipside, Texas' version of Burning Man. It was awesome. I will say no more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013