Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Yankee alert!

Posted by lownoteman 
Yankee alert!
October 13, 2009 12:11AM
You guys can make the PDGA boards seem civilized! Shows character...

I've just moved to NOLA from KC. I was well behind the scenes at World's, and not at the finals at all. But, my heart was in it

I'm looking forward to getting involved with the SN movement...I think. Yeah, I am. Probably. A lot of vitriol I've already read, and I first saw this forum about 10 minutes ago. 20 minutes, by now.

But, whatever. I enjoy stirring the s+++pot as much as anyone, except maybe der bluffmeister.

So, in case anyone gives a flying, I'm almost always at the corner of the scoreboard. The bottom right corner, if I"m not DFL I'm shocked. But, I hope my enthusiasm for DG makes up for my lack of ability. Played a partial round with Timm earlier Monday, and I"m looking forward to meeting more NOTeam (and if I can help raise the average score of NOTeam, I'd be honored!).

I've never been a TD, but I've assisted on many tournaments. Yeah, the payout sucks in KC (right, Matt?) but I had nothing at all to do with that side of things. I've always been in the background, but I enjoy it. I probably will be spending a lot of time in Hattiesburg, too, so I'm looking forward to whatever happens at Paul B, and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Is the Thursday doubles thing a year-round deal at LaFreniere? Anyone play glow in these parts? KC has 2 glow leagues all of Standard Time (leagues in KC = minis most places), usually doubles, and often casual glow singles will pop up.

I don't mean to brag on KC, but that's where I started playing, and what I know best. I have something like 60 courses notched, not too bad for 7 years I think. I'll be adding at least 6-7 more in the next coupla months, with luck.

Too bad my game is so bad. Looking forward to meeting all you guys. And gals.

steve hoog
River Ridge LA
eupher61@hotmail.com (or @gmail.com)
Re: Yankee alert!
October 13, 2009 01:04AM
Steve Hoog for BoD.
October 13, 2009 01:19AM
Why not eh Dillon... I know someone that would rather that then the alternative. ;)

Steve, just let me know if you ever make it a little more out west to Lafayette... we have 3 18 hole courses (two in one park) and they are all close. I'll be glad to show you around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 13, 2009 10:49AM
Welcome to the boards, sucker.
October 13, 2009 11:48AM
I'll second that nomination.

rWc3523
Anonymous User
October 13, 2009 08:15PM

Kansas City is a suburb of Tehran, isn't it?
Dex
October 14, 2009 11:30AM
We got a Yankee, getting hooked up with NOTeam????????

and now he's on the forum, you must be a Glutton for pain.

Watch out fot the one they call "Big Brown'' got great game, mad skills, but his math is a Killer

Welcome, I think

Dex
October 14, 2009 04:14PM
Just what we needed - another Steve. Welcome to soggy New Orleans, Steve.
October 14, 2009 04:27PM
Maybe you can teach those cajuns how to talk... and spell.
Dex
October 14, 2009 10:52PM
Waht yuo maen Doliln

cent beeze tlakn buot zee waze we tlak

aaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dxe
October 15, 2009 12:28PM
wow. I feel accepted already!

lessee...BoD of what? SN? PDGA? Hustler International? InBev?

Hey Bluff....Chappy says hey. KC is a suburb of either Gudalajara or Kabul, I'm not sure which. It was founded in 1983, when the Swope Park disc golf course was installed. There was no governmental structure prior to that.

Glutton? You're inviting me over for lambchops dinner? Cool! How about tonight? Punishment comes every time I throw a disc.
OH, can't do it tonight, doubles at LaF, right? (actually, I might not stay for the whole round of doubles, so I'll play if a cali is needed.)

I'm playing next Tuesday (music, that is) at BMC at Esplanade and Decatur 7-10. Trad jazz with a little kick toward 1940 or so.

As to spelin and tawlkin, welp, I figgers I got at leas a tech o Ozark hillbilly, combanned wit SE MO rivah rat, a techa suffisticashun from collij, an justa techa hepcat, yeah man, you're the bee's knees....now you're cookin' with gas, baby. C'mon light my fire. The brown acid is not necessarily good, but it's your trip. Eh, man...it's only an ambulance. Too much f'n perspective.

Off to job hunt. See NOTeam at LaFreniere!

steve

yankee by birth, but don't hate me for it. Anyone need a tuba player?
October 15, 2009 12:38PM
This guy is going to fit in just right around here.
October 16, 2009 03:49PM
Yeah, sounds like he'll fit right in in Louisana! ; )

He should come to the Hill next year. They have some great jam sessions (when it doesn't rain), but I'm not sure how a tuba would fit in! ; ) LOL!

rWc3523
October 16, 2009 04:16PM
Anything north of i10 is yankee!

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 16, 2009 04:24PM
Yeah, there's a world of difference between South Alabama and North Alabama!

rWc3523
October 17, 2009 08:44AM
So which one has all their teeth.......

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
October 17, 2009 10:17AM
tuba can fit anywhere except a dg bag...

yankee by birth, but don't hate me for it. Anyone need a tuba player?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013