Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

player gets jail time after looking for disc

Posted by tracemaster 
player gets jail time after looking for disc
October 21, 2009 07:25PM
True story:
A guy here in the North Miss area lost a disc in a creek on Sunday afternoon. After getting off work on Monday afternoon he returned to the course to search for his lost disc. Of course, by the time he got to the course it was dark outside so he took a spotlight and and a tire tool to the creek in the woods to search for his disc. About 9:30 that evening he came out of the woods and back to his car with no disc....only wet-muddy feet.
To his suprise the local city law enforcement was waiting on him. Turns out that there had been a B/E in the area only mins before. When the cops asked what he was doing out in the park after dark with a spotlight and a tire tool....The story he told looked very suspicious to the officers....so he was hauled down town ...mug shot...fingerprints.....whole 9 yards. After police searched his car and did a cavity search on him, he was released to go home. The police kept his tire tool to run some metal tests on it to see if it was the weapon used to open whatever had been broken into. This local player said it got to be not funny after about 2 hours had passed and he was still in hot water. I'm not going to mention this person's name, but if he wants to come forward it would be cool.
Re: player gets jail time after looking for disc
October 21, 2009 10:12PM
Remoinds me of my first ace. I jumped around, screamed and yelled so much that a cop ran into the woods to see what was going on. He told me that a fight had broken out on the b-ball court, and someone was stabbed, so he thought maybe it had moved into the woods.

I also lost my lighter. It must have popped out of my pants when I was jumping up and down. Same thing happened when I got my second ace.

BTW, this does not belong on the OT page, as it's definitely disc golf related.
October 21, 2009 10:51PM
this will stray way off topic...trust me
October 21, 2009 11:00PM
I can only speculate who would go into the woods after dark to find a disc ... in a creek no less! ; )

rWc3523
October 21, 2009 11:21PM
I went into the woods one night, to my surprise I found Bluffs Magee and Sara Palin kissing but I promised I wouldn't reveal his true identity.
October 22, 2009 07:39AM
^ Lame

Why would one need a tire tool to find a disc?
Sounds fishy to me....
October 22, 2009 01:05PM
To pop someone or a snake if I had seen them in the woods. Before I went into the woods the first time I ran into a guy with a flash light and scared the bejesus out of me and came hauling back out. I talked to him for 5 or so minutes when he came out and he said he was homeless. It appears this homeless guy was on the at&t homeless plan cause he called the police when he saw the door to the building which had broken into busted open. So after about 30 minutes or so tromping shin+ deep in a creek, pitch black with only a tire prod and a flash light I crawl out, start heading down the tracks and here comes the police pulling up with their lights off, trying to be all sneaky. I stuck the tire prod down my pants and walk out to talk to the officer. I tell him what I'm doing and what not and I'm like I ain't trying to hide anything but I've got a tire prod and pull it out and sit it on the ground. I tell him what I'm doing but none of them seem to believe me, by this time two more cop cars show up and this seems to be the big thing crime of the night in this town. So I repeatedly explain over and over what I'm doing out here and how insane this for them to think it was me to do this. This goes on for about 30-45 minutes. I then get in the back of the patrol car and we're waiting for a detective to come down and take a look around and talk to me, during this whole time i'm in the back of the cruiser just non stop, "I didn't do it", "This is crazy", "How much longer". So the detective comes down and they put on their rubber gloves like they're about to do some csi crap and he looks over my tire tool to see if it was used in the "b & e" and I'm still sitting in the back of the cop car, this is prob up to the 2 hour point and I get out go over and explain to the detective the same story. We then get back into the patrol car, yes I'm riding back seat. So we go to my car which is parked off the road by one of the baskets. They ask if I want to sign a waiver for them to search my car, I was like if this will help me get out of this, sure. One of them are like "So you want us to search your car", I was like "Not really, but if it'll speed this up, then yea." He comes back with "How come you don't want us to search your car?" I was like "because it's MY car." So they go to the station to pick up some forms and then they hit up the Wal-Mart to pick up the homeless guy. So they search my car and the homeless guy said I didn't do it, just that he saw me in the area. So the cop finally says "Ok, here's what were going to do, you're going to have to come to the station..." Soon as I heard that I was like OMG, R u serious, then he was like "just to get your prints, some pictures and your side of the story", So I go to the station, they actually let me drive and have my phone back, we get there and they get my mugshot, prints, and I wait about 30 minutes while the homeless guy tells his story(like he has anywhere to be, I have work in a few hours) then I finally tell my story on the recording and they take my tool and they're like if it's not you then this will be the last time you hear from us, but if it is, we'll come and get you. I'm like thank god this is over.

What a long night just for trying to find a lost disc!!!
October 22, 2009 02:15PM
Mental note to self....pick up a stick.....thenyou can throw it away.....

Invite the cops to go with you to where you were to show your muddy footwork.....

Use "yes Sir and No Sir and only answer the question asked.....you NEVER have to give a reason......

just sayin'....
October 22, 2009 04:40PM
Griff you can represent me if it goes to trial.
October 22, 2009 06:55PM
thats funny
October 22, 2009 07:40PM
"BTW, this does not belong on the OT page, as it's definitely disc golf related." says blueboy

this absolutely belongs on the OT thread as it has nothing to do with current or past DISC GOLF events

jmart
October 22, 2009 08:14PM
Dill Dill,
Was that the "famous" Amory PD?
October 22, 2009 08:19PM
For sure.
October 23, 2009 12:59AM
Who ever said the threads on the main page had to have something to do with DG "events" alone? Go back and read the main page, then read the site's mission statement, then look up the term "disc golf" on the internet, THEN remove your thumb from your anus.

;-)
October 23, 2009 10:14AM
Step by step from Blue......PRICELESS!
October 23, 2009 01:15PM
This thread has EVERYTHING to do with disc golf. I doubt Dillon would have been tromping around in the woods with a tire iron if NOT for a lost GOLF DISC ... or would he? ; )

rWc3523
October 23, 2009 02:47PM
Sorry Dillon but you do look like the criminal type... I imagine that only gets worse as you get frustrated and mad about the situation.

But that sh!t was HILARIOUS!

Glad it's over for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 24, 2009 12:50AM
Gilligan,
Clayton Nash, Todd Harrell, my Wife & myself had the pleasure to witness Mr Gourley struting like a "sharp dressed man"
Criminal or not, Tire iron or not, Dillon has got it going on

LMAO
October 24, 2009 07:53PM
Bill Coley are you correct.
October 30, 2009 07:31AM
Sometimes things are not as they seem, while fishing some back woods stream in NC, a friend of mine named Sam had just one lure left, he got that one stuck and wanted to go get it but sam did not want to get his clothes wet.I told him to strip down and go get it, hell we were out in no man land ,we had not ever seen anyone on this old loney road before., Sam did just that , no more than when he was about get to it, about 30 yards across fast moving water. here came a car with a familly like the brady bunch, out they jump to set up for a picnic, . All I could do was sit and start to laugh and watch this unfold, wondering how long it would take them or Sam to notice each other.Their 15 year old daughter notice Sam bending over in nothing but his white underwear and a pair of fishing boots.she wave to her mom to come over and they both watch my friend. They were laughing so hard i think they both wet their pants, They sat down in the water and still looking and laughing. Sam look up to see them and then look for me, waved his fist at me.Sam next step he slip down, Sam now had wished he wore boxer, about that time the rest of the familly came to see what was going on.The men folk were not laughing as much as the ladies were.I could not wait to get back and tell this to everyone at the campground.It is still told at the campground every year. Jim!
October 30, 2009 08:26AM
LOL.

Good story JimO.
October 30, 2009 09:55PM
where did the stuff from the house go? did they ever find it or the perps responsible? did the homeless guy do it? paul harvey would have gave us THE REST OF THE STORY.
jmart
October 30, 2009 10:56PM
Blueboy,,,this topic is DISCGOLF related...DILLON LOST A WRAITH..during a doubles tournament.....went back after THE DISC.... DISC...DISCGOLF TOURNAMENT...NOT A FUNDRAISER..but a DGT!!!!> So it is pretty much a dg topic..just an unlucky story.

Michaelâ„¢ :What this world needs is more Junior Mint's, hold the fruitcakes.
October 30, 2009 11:02PM
That is what Blueboy is saying dumbass :p

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 31, 2009 08:10PM
LOL.

Ain't heard nothing about it, although I might try to get my tire tool next Amory toss.
November 04, 2009 09:55PM
As of this date, we're waiting for "the rest of the story"......... Man, that's good stuff. Sounds like my luck.....LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 09:57PM by CharlieNchains.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013