Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

.... Lost Some Disc...?

Posted by Gordon 
.... Lost Some Disc...?
March 28, 2010 08:02PM
So.... This morning I played the tourney at the Hobbit.. And Shanked 3 in the water... "since you cant get ur disc out during a tourney I was planning on waiting to get them after the rounds were over.... Went back and all 3 disc were missing... " Stolen not 1 phone call..... Also I threw a disc into the train hole.. 14 at Muni... and figured I would pick that one up RIGHT after the round.. and then head to the Hobbit to pick those up... ALL OF MY DISC!!! GONE!!!!

Why do people do it??? Its a peice of plastic... It makes me sick to my stomach knowing that im playing a game with people who steal..... Anyway...

The Disc I didnt get to in time.....
1. Understamp Red Destroyer.. With a custom Mushroom Drew on top of it..
2. Blue Crystal Halloween Howler Comet
3. Lime Green Sidewinder
4. Tie Dye Lady Stamp Firebird.. Pro plastic..

All of these Disc have Gordon Robinson 251-366-5940 Wrote Really big on the bottom.. If you see anyone throwing them Call them out for being a thief...

This sport doesnt deserve the type of people who would Steal a disc...
If you want a Fee for getting my disc out of the water I would be more then happy to pay it.. just give me a call.... anytime u find one of my disc... Ill gladly pay somthing for it's safe return!

All in all I had a great time at the tourney today and yesterday!!! Willie done a great job and everyone helping him out pulled it together nicely....... Thank you!!
Re: .... Lost Some Disc...?
March 29, 2010 01:31AM
You think that's bad? Get this...

One day I was playing a round out at Roosevelt Park (Morton MS). On hole 4 I threw a floater into the water. I knew it would wash ashore eventually, so I figured I'd just come back later and get it. My name & number was on this disc, as it is on all my discs I play with, and I had not seen anyone at the course so far, so I figured it would be safe. About hole 7 or 8 I realized I was missing yet another disc. I remember throwing it on hole 5 and figured I just left it there. As I said, I had not seen anyone else playing out there, so I doubted my disc was in any danger of getting stolen, so I figured I would just pick it up at the end of the round when I got my floater. On hole 12 I saw some kids playing a few holes back, and I recognized my multi-colored floater (#2 Driver) was being carried by one of them... I could spot that disc a mile away. I parted from my group to go reclaim my disc, not expecting any kind of a big deal, except them just handing my disc back. It was a group of young kids who appeared to be playing alone. A girl, about 8 years old, was carrying my disc. I didn't know what else to say except, "Hey, I think you have my disc there... I left it a few holes back." She told me that her daddy gave it to her. I said, "okay then, lets go talk to your daddy". I managed to go ahead and get my disc from her before I got to her dad in case there was any doubt over who owned the disc, which for some strange reason I sensed there would be. Her dad and mom were with some other kids on the hole before. I got over there and told them what happened and that I was taking my disc back..... Here is where it gets good... I asked them if they had seen my other disc I left behind (Quarter K II), and described what it looked like, and it had my name and number on it, and told them my name. They looked me dead in the eye and said they had not seen it. I said okay, and tried to make some brief small talk. I discovered they were not disc golfers (they had mostly borrowed discs), and not from the area. Well it was about that time I noticed the mom was carrying a plastic bag that was partially see through. And a red disc caught my eye. I said, "actually, that's my disc right there in your bag... I can see my name on it", and stated my name again. She actually looked at the bag to see the disc through it before she pulled it out, as if to see how she had screwed up. She looked reluctant to give it back to me. I clearly stated again, that it was my disc and I had just forgotten it a few holes back and even described where I left it exactly. Then she said she had forgotten she found it, then handed it back to me....... I walked away... speechless.
March 29, 2010 10:26AM
Ha! I just dont understand some people... and them kids are going to be messed up for life.... They learn what their parents teach them! Thats the truth... I ended up trading some disc with a guy the other day at Cottage Hill... ended up looking at the bottom rim of the disc and noticed a name and number.. I called and the guy, he told me yeah i lost that disc about 2 weeks ago... Told him he could come pick it up and how i obtained the disc.. he laughed and told me to just keep it.. One thing I hate is a thief, im not mad tho... if they can live with stealing the disc i can live with it.. karma is a motha.... they will get whats coming to them.. just like my Truck i rarely lock my truck at all... figure if somone wants to steal somthing then they must really need it.. when all they have to do is ask me.. and 99% of the time.. i will go and get what their asking for.. If somone came up to me and said hey.. i dont have alot of money right now but i really want a Nuke.. i would prolly just go to Jim's and buy them one... I know its not anyone in the club or anyone who actually play's disc golf with us that is doing it.. but we have to put a stop to it.. somehow!

I offer a finder's fee for any disc i loose... ill pay more depending on what the disc is worth to me..
March 29, 2010 10:44AM
How about this...

Last year I was playing a round at Chickasaw in Mobile.
First hole, first throw of the day I picked a disc out of my bag that was brand new never been thrown.
This was a 1st run Z-XS, one of my favorite runs of disc. Anyway, I threw the disc down near the basket and it skipped out of bounds.
Hole one at Chickasaw has a road on the right that is OB. My disc skipped out into the road as a car was coming by and it hit the car.
Not thinking, I let everyone else tee before I started walking that way.
Dude stops his car, grabs my disc out of the road and speeds off down the street.
He never looked back.
WHAT A PIECE OF $HIT!
my name was on the disc. It is clear white plastic.
Whoever you are I hope you are reading this.
If I ever see you IM GONNA WHIP YOUR @$$!!
I will even make a special trip, MOFO!!!
You know who you are...
March 29, 2010 02:26PM
Yeah, I actually threw my WIFE'S PINK FLX Buzzz in the water at the Athens course on friday before SNACs!! Didn't think much of it given this is the championship and we were all seasoned players and stand up guys... well... I go back and look and it's gone. I make some announcements, I look in the lost and found... NOTHING.

I even posted on the forum... NOTHING.

Pretty sad that SN players at their championships would still a 167 PINK Buzzz that belonged to a FEMALE player... way to grow the sport and encourage women to play guys!

I never expect to get back a disc I lose... but that one I figured for sure would make it's way back to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
March 29, 2010 06:09PM
Well here in a min im being forced into Writeing my name as many times as i can on every disc i own... just to ensure i get it back.. people will still prolly throw it with my name all over the thing
March 29, 2010 07:27PM
haha, some of those are good, and sad...

at the 2008 Joe Cain Classic, I threw a disc in the water at hobbit during the round - too far out to get so like Gordon, I figured I'd come back and get it after the round, but it was gone - after reading his story, my guess is there is a couple of locals who might not be tournament players, but know when a tournament is going on out there and try to scalp discs from the water

played a practice round out at Chickasaw the next day and as I was playing through a group of 3, walking towards the basket and I saw my disc from the previous day... well, I was able to pick up my disc to confirm my name was on it and get my thrown disc without them noticing - there were 3 of them and I was by myself, so didn't feel like starting any trouble, so I just kept playing like everything was normal - they must have assumed it landed / rolled in the nearby ditch, because they never said anything
March 29, 2010 08:24PM
ha! thats luck
March 29, 2010 11:27PM
Nice move.

March 31, 2010 12:52AM
while i was playing girard park,i had a confrontation with someone a hole back who picked up my putter. i had recently bought it froma guy during a tournament and his name was on it instead of mine. so i ask the guy for it and he says its his and he bought it from a guy who was selling discs. he wanted ten bucks for it. i actually had it in my hands and told him it was mine and was either gonna throw down or just steal my disc back. after i our tones got less friendly, my friend, who was in my group, offered him a new light monarch that he had just started throwing that round but didnt like at all. i thanked my friend and the guy for stealing my disc. when we walked away, a guy in his group said that they had lost a disc the hole before and needed help finding it. so i spent five or ten mins looking for it and then said, "well someone might have stolen it. it happened to me on this hole."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 12:53AM by "The Handicapper General".
March 31, 2010 08:47AM
^
what a dick
April 01, 2010 06:04PM
I was at highland rd in baton rouge one evening and was throwing my drivers to basket #1 from 4s fairway. I had 6 drivers up near the basket and they all were in plain sight from where i was standing. Two girls started playing hole 1 before i was able to get all the way to the basket and I noticed that one of the girls had bent over where one of my discs was. When i made it to the basket I only found 5 of my discs and the girls were still around the basket area. I told them that i was just throwing at this basket from out there (and pointed) and I had "thought" that "maybe" one of them "accidently" picked up one of my discs (which has my name and number on it). They said they did not pick it up and i might of threw it farther away from the basket than I thought. I let them play the next hole, but then went up to them again on hole 3 to ask them again,, i then told them that I did not believe them and wished to look into there duffle bag. She said I could not but she looked in there for me and said she doesn't have it. I waited a few holes later to start walking back toward them and I noticed that when they crossed the ditch on hole 7 they threw something into the ditch. I then got into the ditch and low and behold, my disc was there.

Terry Zeringue
jml
April 06, 2010 08:03PM
Not all disc stories are bad, here is a perfect example:

I was playing out at USA after checking out Baker HS sunday before last. I threw a second drive on hole 4 and forgot to pick it up. I made it to hole 8 before I missed the disc. I then started going back to hole 4 but played 15 on the way. I found a star roc under the basket with only some initials on it. I then walked down the road towards #4 and saw a group of young guys teeing off on #5. I went up to them and asked if they had seen a disc laying back on the previous hole. Sure enough one of them had it and gave it back to me. I then gave them the roc to return to its owner as I don't live or play golf often in Mobile. They said they played with MADGA some and would get the disc back to the guy. My katana didn't even have my name in it and I got it back. Also, I saw the group later on the course and they said that the guy with the roc showed up and got his back as well.

There you go WIN, WIN situation. Unfortunately, this story is usually the exception and not the rule.

Lesson learned is without a name and number folks can't return discs very well. Losers should quit stealing other people's discs, but if you will steal a worthless piece of plastic you might have bigger problems. What about time at work, or money from the boss, or your roommates beer? It is simply and ethics issue and many kids lack that these days, but the grown ups have no excuse besides being losers.

JML
April 08, 2010 05:24AM
I threw one of my fav wraiths in the creek behind 3 at highland and then 3 months later got a call saying it was found in the woods of 8 lol got it back in put right back in the creek a few weeks later. hopefully anouther guy throws it in the woods for me ;b
April 20, 2010 11:40PM
Was out at Trace state park today doing some work on the course when i saw these 2 guys in the lake looking for discs. I'm out there almost daily and I didn't know these 2 as some of our normal players. S0 I went up to water's edge and asked them if they had lost a couple of discs lately in the lake......they said no,but a friend had told them that Trace was a good place to get some good "frisbees" for free. I told them that people would get up in their faces if they caught them playing with their discs....This is where this gets good......So after I spend a few mins telling these guys how unethical this practice was,one of them said "I totally agree,so I am gonna put them back where I found them"....So all of a sudden they begin throwing the 10-15 discs they had found back into the water...this time 200-250 feet out. Asked these guys where they were from, They said they were students at Ole Miss. Some people have no morals.
April 21, 2010 08:49AM
"They said they were students at Ole Miss. Some people have no morals."

I would not expect anything less from Ole Miss. students!!!!!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
April 21, 2010 12:34PM
Another feel good story here.

Approx 2 years ago I lost my beloved "Butternut", an Elite "X" Avenger on hole 12 at UWF. It got stuck way up in a tree and I wrote it off. Last month I get a call from a guy that had found it. He said he'd be playing UWFall day. I told him I'd head up after work and get it from him.

I get there and call him. I can see him walking towards me on the phone so i knew this must be the guy. He said he really liked my disc. So much so, that he kept playing with it and lost it again. As you might imagine I was not real happy, but just shrugged it off in the hopes that it would turn up again.

He called me back the next day. He felt so guilty that he dragged a friend back up there and they spent a couple hours looking until they found it. The very next week I found one of his and was able to get it back to him. Funny how that worked out.

On a not so happy note, we've got a couple wet suiters that hit the "Black Lagoon" at the Sunset course in Gulf Breeze every other day or so. When we were out there last week James "TINMAN" Tinsley and Chris "Crispy Critter" Byrnes confronted the dudes and asked them what they do with the discs they find. They said they use Acetone or something else to take the names and #'s off, then sell them as used discs on E-bay. NOT COOL MAN! Not cool at all!

They tried to talk them into posting up on our forum the names & #'s but it was evidently too much of a hassle for them to do that. I've still got steam coming out my ears over this one. May have to try to get the park manager involved and see if we can keep them out of there.

To top it all off, one of the dudes claimed to be a disc golfer. He said he had lost 8 or 10 discs and never got a call so why should he go through the trouble of trying to return them. Un-F'in'-believable.

Anybody else ever run into a similar problem? If so, how did you handle it?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

A disc chuckin' Panic lovin' fool

PDGA #30274

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth or power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible."
Soren Kierkegaard
April 21, 2010 01:38PM
Not exactly the same type of story but...

During a VERY recent tournament a guy with, lets say, less than good disc golf ethics was on my card. So on one hole I go over the top over some trees (the preferred route by most but in reality you just have to get lucky). We hear it hit some leaves and I thought... man that sounded thick and soft... not good (2 meter rule in effect). Get up there and it's no where to be found... so while I'm looking the other guys whole out and then I ask for some help. The afore mentioned guy says "was it orange?" "No, it was white" I reply... "Oh well here is an orange one, we should get this down too". I think, Ok... whatever, I like returning all discs. Well, about 30-45 seconds pass and he's still trying to get that disc down. "umm, man, just forget that disc and help me look for mine", he starts looking around on the ground again. A few seconds later I look back and he was apparently looking for a stick to use to poke at the orange disc! "Dude, leave that disc alone and help look for mine!" I say with a little bit of frustration in my voice. "Well, we need to get this one also." he replies, to which I say "I don't give a crap about that disc, that disc isn't costing me a stroke, now please help look for mine!" By this time another group is throwing on us (we are hidden)... so I decide to give up and go retee as it has to be past the time limit... though I would argue that the time is supposed to start when EVERYONE starts looking... I had till at least 2 mins past the time that guy finally would have got the orange one down!

So I basically took a 5 on what was essentially an Ace run... went back later and found the disc perched up right where I thought it would have been coming down and would have been RIGHT on the basket.... guess I was unlucky that time.

Granted, I wasn't having a great round to start with but to then lose a discs that I JUST got back from Barrett (he put that sweet "Wheelies are for serious" dye on it) wasn't helping any. It was not a good round and I had ZERO desire to be on a card with that guy again.

April 21, 2010 03:19PM
Gilligan Wrote:
time is supposed to
> start when EVERYONE starts looking... I had till
> at least 2 mins past the time that guy finally
> would have got the orange one down!
>
>

you would have had three minutes to find it from the time he started, and it was a courtesy violation for not looking and probably could have given him another courtesy violation(for a stroke) if he didnt start looking after the first violation was issued. And no, you shouldnt have taken the stroke til everyone was looking. My bet would have been the group behind you would have lit a fire under his behind as at this point byt the time 3 mins would have been up there would probably been at least a 2 group backup on that hole. Use the rules to your advantage in that situation
April 21, 2010 04:02PM
I know what I *could* have done... but unlike what a few people on here think... I'm not really an A-hole and I didn't want to hold everyone back because of some a$$clown... I'm not sure this guy could have focused on the task at hand for too long as it was. ;)

Like I said... it was already a bad round... didn't really think it was gonna get much better. ;)

April 22, 2010 07:30AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know what I *could* have done... but unlike what
> a few people on here think... I'm not really an
> A-hole and I didn't want to hold everyone back
> because of some a$$clown... I'm not sure this guy
> could have focused on the task at hand for too
> long as it was. ;)
>
> Like I said... it was already a bad round...
> didn't really think it was gonna get much better.

> ;)

Sometimes you can tell early...sometimes they turn around...and some times not...
April 22, 2010 10:43AM
When you manage to put your putt 6' over the basket on a 15' putt... it's pretty much a done deal... "today just isn't my day" ;)

April 22, 2010 12:13PM
Gilligan Wrote:
> When you manage to put your putt 6' over the
> basket on a 15' putt... it's pretty much a done
> deal... "today just isn't my day" ;)

Headwind?
April 22, 2010 12:53PM
NO wind. :(

April 22, 2010 03:17PM
Gilligan Wrote:
> NO wind. :(

DOH!
April 22, 2010 07:28PM
Exactly... just one of those days.

April 22, 2010 10:50PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> "They said they were students at Ole Miss. Some
> people have no morals."
>
> I would not expect anything less from Ole Miss.
> students!!!!!

yea, well if they had been LSU students they would have thrown the discs at me and cussed me out in Cajunease.
April 23, 2010 07:35AM
LMAO
April 23, 2010 09:51AM
"Cajunease" <-- sounds like something you need to apply the day after eating really spicy food.
April 23, 2010 10:31AM
Ba Da Bing!!!

Excellent Rimshot Judy!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013