Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NCAA Football

Posted by blueboy 
NCAA Football
September 01, 2010 02:25PM
Okay, let's forget all the hate from last year. Everybody's undefeated again.

SC - 34
USM - 12

Georgia - 100
UL - L - 3

Kentucky - 24
Louisville - 23

LSU - 21
UNC - 10

The Bullies are somehow 21 1/2 dogs to Memphis. Gotta make that the upset.

And Auburn's Michael Dyer will be the golden child of my fantasy team - unless they redshirt him. Could be the greatest 4th round pick of all time, though. I called HS games on the radio for 5 years, and I haven't seen this kind of thing in a LLOOOOOONNNGGG time.

[www.youtube.com]

3rd highlight is my favorite. Oh. My. God.
Re: NCAA Football
September 01, 2010 05:45PM

Georgia - 100
UL - L - 3

we attended some of the ULL games last year, and the year before.
pretty darn fun. go cajuns.

If LSU doesn't have a winning season do you think they'll fire Les Miles?
September 02, 2010 10:33AM
Yeah, I'd say there was a wee chance he might get physically thrown out of BR for a "losing season."

Where are the college footballers? Season starts tonight, chirrens. What will the LSU/UNC spread be by game time? They keep changing the names and number of UNC players who will be suspended for the game. Why do I get the feeling that Lester is bearing down on a defining loss?
September 03, 2010 09:06AM
[bit.ly]

funny stuff
September 03, 2010 04:07PM

SC - 34
USM - 12

Close enough.
September 06, 2010 01:21PM
Wow, that was completely unnecessary. Had to love the continued clock management retardation at the end of the first half. Oh well, a win's a win, I guess. It could have been worse. We could have lost to a 1-AA team.
September 07, 2010 11:44AM
Ouchee! Ole Miss OUCHEE!

go CORNHUSKERS!! YEP!
September 07, 2010 12:13PM
BTW, the site I saw had the MSU-Memphis line backwards. It was actually the Bullies by 21, so the world makes sense again.
September 07, 2010 11:55PM
Crazy times we're livin' in with these week 2 matchups.

AU - 34
MSU - 12

SC - 31
UGA - 21

UF - 28
USF - 14

BAMA - 31
PSU - 18

LSU - 45
VANDY - 16

Upset of the week, the 7 point underdog Seminoles will reclaim their lost glory with a stunning victory over the Oklahomo Sooners. THAT'S RIGHT, BOB! THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!!!
September 08, 2010 07:34AM
My picks for week two....

AU - 28
MSU - 35
(My upset alert. I am a bit biased and love my Dawgs but I think the team with the overall better D wins this game and I think that is us. It won't be the 3-2 yawner it was two years ago.)

SC - 24
UGA - 35

UF - 35
USF - 10

BAMA - 28
PSU - 21

LSU could be in real trouble this year. Stuggling with UNC with all those starters suspended. Special teams saved them and UNC had some holes to fill there too. I'm afraid Miles is done for this year. Hey Tigers, stay away from our coach!! :)

LSU - 24
VANDY - 7

I like the 'Noles over the Sooners too. Ponder plays lights out and the Noles win it.

Scared to pick the Hotty Toddy Muppets -vs- Green Wave game. :)
September 08, 2010 08:07AM
blueboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Upset of the week, the 7 point underdog Seminoles
> will reclaim their lost glory with a stunning
> victory over the Oklahomo Sooners. THAT'S RIGHT,
> BOB! THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!!!

I sure hope you are right. My thoughts last year, where that Jimbo was making some BS calls to push Bobby over the edge. We will have to play a little bettter on defense this weekend otherwise it maybe an old fashion shoot out.

And from the looks of the rest of your picks, I like what I see!!!!!

September 08, 2010 09:07AM
I LOVE THIS!!!!

1. AUBURN----38 MISS ST.-------17

2.GEORGIA---- 34 SOUTH CAR------28

3.F.S.U.-------- 24 OK--------- 17 (THEY ARE BACK)

4.NOTRE DA who really cares

5. MIAMI --- 31 OHIO ST ---- 19 (SPEED KILLS)

6. OREGON----- 42 TENN------ 24

7. BAMA----- 37 PENN ST.------ 21 (SPEED STILL KILLS)
September 10, 2010 11:17AM
Bobby started recruiting again in recent years. He even said yesterday what people had been saying for years. They were "gathering" 4 and 5 star players instead of actually evaluating talent and skill. Kids still want to go to FSU. Soon, we'll see a return to the glory days of Ward, Dunn, Vanover, Brooks, Simon, etc., etc. It is written in the stones.

I always hoped Bobby would win the "whoever dies last" contest with Joe Pa, but alas.
September 11, 2010 06:05PM
Okay, maybe not. Sorry Bob.
September 12, 2010 08:56AM
that was the worst team i have ever seen for an fsu bunch OMG!!!!!!
September 13, 2010 01:00PM
They are NOT back!! Sorry, Mike - However, you can NOW cheer for my Cornhuskers to elicit some sweet revenge on OK later this year!!!

coz THEY ARE BACK!!!! Whoop! Cornhuskers!!!!

I note also that TaxMan has avoided the fottball thread....can't say that I blame him!!!

What about VTech???? WTF happened there......James Madison?????
September 13, 2010 01:24PM
hell griff what happened to the acc period????? they are terrible at present.
September 13, 2010 04:49PM
The ACC is a basketball conference.

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
September 13, 2010 08:03PM
FSU and Miami never should have joined the ACC. They caught the suck something fierce. NC should have been a monster with all of the pro talent they have/had, but I have a feeling they might not even have a football team next year.

BTW, the LSU fans I know who went to that game said the NC fans are by far the biggest douchebags on the planet.
September 14, 2010 01:04PM
Man FSU really sucked it up. Missed on the UGA game real bad. Wow, what happened to Georgia. I guess missing AJ is hurting them. I hope the 4 game suspension sticks for our sake.

Let's try week 3, see if I can do better:

MSU 27 LSU 18 (not realistic I know but I can't pick against my dawgs! Tough place to break in new qb's) This will be my first time back to Death Valley in 10 years, looking forward to it.

Hogs over Dawgs 31-14

Vandy vs UMissy. Muppets pull off another first half game and hold on to win it. 24-21

Alabama vs Duke, who cares! How did Bama agree to play at Duke?

UF at UT, gators win 38-14. Too much drama in the Knox.

Clemson and Auburn, Auburn 28-17

South Carolina and UK huge over their little schools, they aren't Ole Miss or Va Tech.

Some random top 25's I like: Nebraska over Washington, Boise over the rest of the schedule and watching a 1 loss SEC play in their stead, thanks VA Tech!!!

How 'bout them Jayhawks coming back from losing to FCS team by beating Ga Tech? Didn't see that coming.

What do ya'll think about the qb at Michigan? Heisman? Looks like he belongs at an SEC school to me with all that speed.
September 14, 2010 02:21PM
That guy is phenomenal. If they voted today, he'd certainly win it, but they played UConn and a rebuilding Notre Dame. Let's see how they do against the Big 10, but 500+ yards against anybody is pretty impressive.

UGA - 34
Ark - 31

UGA/ARK is the game of the week. I have a feeling this will be one for the ages. Richt is desperate and cannot lose two conf. games in a row, or he'll be let go, IMO.

UF - 24
UT - 13

Yes, I picked UF not to beat the spread last week, and if the SF QB hadn't thrown 4 INT's, I might have gotten it right. UT is weak, but UF still has a lot of problems to solve. It doesn't help that Rainey was arrested for stalking his ex girlfriend. Poole is a talented back, and I think will allow UT to keep the ball long enough to make the score look good.

Auburn - 42
Clemson - 21

Newton is a monster. AU will re-emerge as a top SEC contender this year.

LSU - 34
MSU - 10

LSU is sloppy, but Relf will be totally manhandled by Nevis and company.

UPSET: nothing really jumps out at me. Possibly Louisville over Oregon St.
September 14, 2010 05:25PM
I pick state to upset lsu based on what i saw between the 2 lsu games i watched and the state and auburn game 21-17
September 14, 2010 05:26PM
o yea HOTTY TODDY REBS OVER DORES
September 14, 2010 07:58PM
RMFT!

BMB
September 14, 2010 08:33PM
Like I said, LSU is sloppy, but the Bullies had fewer than 250 yards against Auburn's porous defense. Their leading rusher had 27 yards, and Relf had 110 passing. LSU is not well coached, but they have ridiculous talent and the defense looks pretty good, considering the offense's many problems. They should never have to stack the line, which means that Peterson and company can fall back into zones and double teams while still pressuring the QB and stopping the run.

If y'all still had Dixon and a decent QB, I'd feel better about your chances. Bumphis is a great player, but he won't be enough, even against Lester.

But that's just the X's and O's talking. We are coached by Les Miles, after all.
September 15, 2010 11:17AM
HOLD UP! Dont say YALL I am OLE MISS all the way. I dont want anyone to think I am an Cow U fan.
September 15, 2010 03:08PM
Oh, right. Sorry. I think Ole Miss will get it together and use Masoli and Bolden better, but there's just too much inexperience throughout the team. Summers is pretty good, but I don't know why Harris has fallen off. He was the star of Spring. Is he injured or something?
September 16, 2010 10:34AM
Hey Head, we certainly don't want you associated with us either!! :) Be sure we got that straight.

Thanks for the upset pick but not sure we are ready for that atmosphere. Going to be a tough game. I am going but not expecting too much. Too much talent on their D side of the ball to get our offense going. If our special teams had a huge night it could be interesting.
September 16, 2010 11:05AM
my picks this week; not that it's important

georgia------- 27 ark------ 21

north car------ 47 clemson 28

bama------ 4367 duke------1

fsu---------34 byu------17

tenn------ 24 fla-------21 (my upset pick)

aub------ 24 clemson----- 10

lsd--------28 miss st------17

marshall ----37 bowl green---- 24 (i know nobody cares; but hey!!!! im a marshall grad)
September 16, 2010 11:09AM
Mike. You have NC and Auburn both playing Clemson this week.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013