Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

70th Ace hit today.

Posted by Johnathan Nyce 
70th Ace hit today.
September 15, 2010 07:05PM
I was playing Pro T's today with Ken Hulse on the Duzee course here in Lafayette. I was even going into hole 7. I threw a low shot that was heading the right direction when all of a sudden we hear chains crashing. I didn't make a sound, I just walked over far enough to see my disc hanging up in the chains. I threw my arms up and Ken started laughing like a mad man. The following hole I took a 5 bringing me back even. I calmed down before I got to hole 9. I threw my drive to the right side of the fairway and was ten feet from the titty, took my time and nailed the putt for birdie. Finished the round with a 3 over par. It was a good day for disc golf today!-)
Re: 70th Ace hit today.
September 15, 2010 07:16PM
70? Ok!?!?!

September 15, 2010 09:02PM
Dayum. That's a bunch. I've been stuck on 34 for 2 years.
September 15, 2010 10:32PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
September 15, 2010 11:01PM
Lol. This is just asking for trolls.
September 16, 2010 01:37AM
Love the real name... wheelies!!!

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
September 16, 2010 08:54AM
So, 70 is "unbelievable?" Sorry to hear that.
Anonymous User
September 16, 2010 09:13AM
70, I don't think so.
September 16, 2010 09:32AM
The problem is that once someone becomes a compulsive liar and gets caught lying, no one believes anything that comes out of their mouth ever again. Sorry Johnathan.
September 16, 2010 09:43AM
I been playing 25 years. 70 aces is very hard to believe. I do know he hit one in the SNDC at P'cola a couple years ago! Great shot!

September 16, 2010 09:51AM
I've met several guys who have more than that. How many is the YouTube guy up to? He11, I think Rivers has at least 70 on hole 3 at Muni.

Sorry, Jonathan. Gave the holms the benefit of the doubt.
September 16, 2010 09:53AM
River grew up playing the Bouge.

September 16, 2010 09:53AM
Cubby? He's prolly up 400+.
I'd be too if I had a Deuce or Die course down the road from me and I had a firebird.
September 16, 2010 10:05AM
Um, ya, but the Sherrods live at Muni (unless they've moved in the last few years). I've slept in Rivers' room, actually. The kids' bathroom has the wickedest water pressure known to man. Joe claims (and I believe him, too) that he's hit the shot from his front porch "hundreds of times."
September 16, 2010 10:12AM
Muni was not put in till the mid 90's. The Bouge was the only course in Mobile before then.

September 16, 2010 10:23AM
Thanks for the history lesson, dude. You're right. I'm sure the Sherrods never play the course they live on.

And yes, I'm exaggerating when I say he's hit that one hole 70 times, but I'd be willing to bet a whole lot that the number is REALLY high. The point, of course, is that 70 aces, while a lot, is far from "unbelievable." I don't know Jonathan, so I guess I'm not in on the joke. Live and learn.
September 16, 2010 10:27AM
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
Anonymous User
September 16, 2010 10:34AM
Cubby is a joke. He's up to 800 or so aces, however he sets up a camcorder and throws tons of shots to get his aces on short 280~ish ft. holes. To each his own.
September 16, 2010 12:38PM
I'm not going to be called a liar for very much longer by some of you guys. I play disc golf way more than most of you. I play 3 to 4 rounds daily at Acadiana park, and PA Davis when I'm not working. I know what my count is and it is what I've posted. You don't have to believe it, and I really don't care if you do. But don't call me a liar out on here, do it to my face. Just thought I'd share yesterdays gold with you guys, and I find some haters posting negative comments on a positive thread. I'm remembering why I've stayed away from posting very much on this site, it's got to much negativity. And for the record none of you have ever caught me in anything. I've noticed that most of the negative comments come from the people who don't use their real names.
ww
September 16, 2010 12:46PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Muni was not put in till the mid 90's. The Bouge
> was the only course in Mobile before then.

Please watch this video...

[www.youtube.com]
September 16, 2010 12:57PM
My bad!

September 16, 2010 01:33PM
Thanks WW.
September 16, 2010 04:57PM
Who is not using real names? I mean some are technically not real names; mine, foolsarewe, blueboy... but I think everyone knows who all these people are.

I'll say this Jonathan. MANY of times before you played with us in league we would run into you on the course and you would be 8 down and have missed a couple of birdies and near aces... with SEVERAL holes left to play.

Then when it came time to declare your handicap you said 2 down. That is VERY far from the scores you had talked about everytime we would see you on the course. You have since only shot -5 a good bit of times and the occasional -6 or so (on Original, short positions).

I'm not directly saying you are a liar, but I am saying "if the shoe fits, walk it off".

September 17, 2010 08:39AM
&0 is not ridiculous at all.....Ask John Linton....OGB has well over 70!! And almost all of them are witnessed.....

Some guys just get all the breaks!! Nice shootin' J
Anonymous User
September 17, 2010 09:29AM
Gilly
> I'll say this Jonathan. MANY of times before you
> played with us in league we would run into you on
> the course and you would be 8 down and have missed
> a couple of birdies and near aces... with SEVERAL
> holes left to play.

LOL, I hear this all the time, but it seems in a tournament or a league game they somehow always have the "worst" rounds and shoot a couple over par. So Nyce is one of those guys huh.
September 17, 2010 10:52AM
Gilligan is leaving out some of the -8 rounds I've had at league. And also forgetting to mention several of the aces he himself has witnessed. 3 of which were during league play. Only 1 to win the ace pot. The other 2 came before they started having a growing ace pot for league. But I can say that when there is money involved my game is different. I need to correct that, just don't know how.
September 17, 2010 11:08AM
Roller Ace
Gilligan is leaving out some of the -8 rounds I've had at league.

Really Nyce? Some of the ROUNDS? Plural? Did you forget that I don't ever delete ANYTHING?

Here are your scores (I had to go WAY back to find the SINGLE -8 you shot... on original, in the short position... which I have shot 6 down before (so you have shot TWO better than me on that course.. wooo!)

From the league bible
-2 -2 -5 -5 -7 -1 -5 -8 0 -1 0 0 3 1 -1 -4 0 -1 -4 -6 -3 -5 -5 -2 -3 -4 -1 -3 -1 3 -5 -5 -6 -6 -3

There were more, but none of them helped your cause... if you REALLY want them all pulled in I can... but the ace run scores are kind of embarrassing (granted, so are mine.)

September 17, 2010 11:09AM
Jonathan "I'm not a liar" Nyce
And for the record none of you have ever caught me in anything.

And for the record, now you have.

September 17, 2010 12:36PM
Oh no I've been caught, fact is I really don't care about what you have for my scores. There is a -8 posted, which I'm certain there were more than just that 1. But your the one with the records, so I'll go with it. Also drop the Roller ace thing you guys keep bringing up. Should Charles Russel ever come back to Lafayette for a visit, I'll be sure to bring him to as many of you in town to prove that fact. Don't know when are if ever he will return sense he's moved to the West Coast. Until then none of you can disprove what did happen. I would, more than any of you love to hear him tell you all what happened on that day. And until then it is what it is. Please just drop that as a nudge against me, it only makes the few of you that throw it out look ignorant in my eyes, because Charles and myself remember and will never forget that shot.
September 17, 2010 02:46PM
Well... you can check it out for yourself... they ARE public record have ALWAYS been public since I started the league.

[spreadsheets.google.com]

It's kind of a mess at first glance because we restructured the way we play (used to keep individual course handicaps but now just keep one set for Acadiana). Tabs at the bottom include Acadiana and you can see at the top what course we played (A=Ace Run, D=Duzee, O=Original). Other confusion might be the "copy of X" where it was when we culled some scores to make the transition and to make reading the scores via phone easier. To keep from losing any scores I made copies of all the scores by duplicating the pages before culling the old scores. So as you will be able to tell, Copy of X will be the full set of scores.

Sorry J, but there is only one 8 down. Maybe that is what happens.. you remember a few too many birdies than actually existed during your rounds by yourself. And Fowler shot 12 down on the original in short positions recently to give everyone a clue at how many birdie ops are out there... there are only a few of holes that aren't extreme birdie possibilities (one of those is the hole you roller aced, so that should be a gimmie for you.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013