Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Disapearing threads

Posted by CrispyCritter 
Disapearing threads
November 08, 2010 06:52PM
Is it my imagination, or have whole threads, with dozens of posts, been disappearing from the forum???

I thought that the worst thing that could happen to a thread would be to be kicked to the private discussion threads, but they are not there either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 06:52PM by CrispyCritter.
Re: Disapearing threads
November 08, 2010 06:54PM
Nope, they've disappeared completely. I think the offending posts could have been removed and the original posts remained, but I suspect the posts that led to the removal would just continue. Of course, what's to prevent that from happening now?

rWc3523
November 08, 2010 07:00PM
What "rules" did either thread break? This is turning into the KGB forum. If you disagree with something the BOD/KGB will remove it. SAD SAD SAD!!! Power is a fickle mistress!!!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
November 08, 2010 11:31PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What "rules" did either thread break? This is
> turning into the KGB forum. If you disagree with
> something the BOD/KGB will remove it. SAD SAD
> SAD!!! Power is a fickle mistress!!!

Selective censorship it seems... VERY selective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
November 09, 2010 08:35AM
We will discuss them at our meeting on Wednesday, and if voted okay...then reposted. If not cleared, then I have asked them to start new threads with info for their tournaments, and to make sure they don't go down the same path. Both creators of the threads were contacted, and made aware prior to removal.

I was going to move individual post, but I was removing almost every other post. And like Russ said, that wouldn't have stopped the downhill spiral both threads were headed to.

Leslie
November 09, 2010 02:07PM
Is this supposed to be a thread criticizing a fruit? Why dis a pear?

On the serious side:

“Selective censorship it seems... VERY selective.”

Maybe you need to be vague on this due to BOD rules but I have to wonder what you mean. Very selective censorship could mean not much removing of posts. However I imagine you are against the deletion of whole threads just because some posts violate the rules. So I’m guessing your meaning is not that post removal is minimal.

My next guess is that you mean deletion is occurring according to some agenda that is not or should not be provided by the rules. If that is the case making a permanent record of the censorship, what was deleted and any explanations for why, would be a great service to the SN that only a few have the capacity to do. I’m not saying it should be disclosed but there could come a time when it should be.
November 09, 2010 05:48PM
Kevin, what I mean is that some post have been reported with the actual link and CLEARLY break the rules... they are still there. But some how these other threads are sought out and removed when they actually are censoring themselves much the same way the FCC requires network tv to censor any show on tv.

I can say S__T on TV and that is exactly what you will here.. S<beep>T.

November 12, 2010 07:13AM
Gilligan you are full of Guano. You've censored stuff here and if you deny it you're a liar.
November 12, 2010 08:20AM
ADGA59 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gilligan you are full of Guano. You've censored
> stuff here and if you deny it you're a liar.

Pull your head out of your Victor!!! You have no clue what you are talking about!!! The BOD member that is putting the threads and editing them is NOT Gilligan. It is another BOD member. I know this for a fact because I have spoken with this BOD member and they told me they were pulling it.

Alxtgr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 09:27AM by lesliez.
November 12, 2010 09:04AM
Actually come to find out, there are multiple admins editing and moving. I have done my share. But, if you check out the BOD notes from 11/10/10 we voted to implement a strategy for using the guidelines correctly. Before a thread, post, etc. are hidden/pulled/removed there must be three BOD members that agree it is in violation.(Unless it just blatantly breaks a guideline....unclothed person, illegal substance pic, ec.) That way the weight doesn't fall on just one person. Then the post/thread will be discussed at BOD meeting for final vote and decision. It will be a group effort.

This should alleviate any issues as to people being bias.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 11:14AM by lesliez.
Anonymous User
November 12, 2010 09:37AM
Considering Jamie isn't an admin, Justin doesn't have internet, Kevin could care less, JK is busy and only deletes/edits HARSH post/or when someone reports them, Marc is too busy playing golf(also isn't an admin) that just leaves you, forum police.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 09:39AM by Dillon Gourley.
November 12, 2010 09:40AM
Brian Moon, Josh, Allan, and Will Corey still have admin access also.

Someone was moving threads back after she would remove them... obviously she couldn't have been doing both (well, she could but then I'd be more concerned about her mental health than I am about Kernan/Sam.)

Anonymous User
November 12, 2010 09:44AM
You mean someone was actually putting harmless threads back? No way.

Those 4 combined might be online a couple of hours a week.

Just sayin, it's being taken to the extreme. I don't really care, do what yall want, which is apparently what's being done. I'm just here to play golf.
November 12, 2010 09:49AM
I'm not saying I don't agree with your concerns Dillon... I very much do!

I am always a man of truth and she is speaking the truth.

I agree someone should move harmless threads back... I have done so in the past but they were very old and it was right after I got my "rights". I think they were Kernan's Smog thread and Lafayette's Spring Fling... might have been another Off Topic thread but I don't recall right now. I also moved one of my own post back when I felt J/K was over stepping his bounds and making a decision based on "taste" and not actual rules. It would still be allowed even by our guidelines today. But I digress.

Anonymous User
November 12, 2010 10:21AM
Someone posted a jpeg of jesus making love to another jesus sodimey style, JK edited right quick like.
November 12, 2010 11:14AM
Thanks for the back up Kevin...I think ;) JK

All threads have been returned Dillion and the procedure stated above and on the BOD meeting notes will be used. If you have any questions you can send me or another BOD a PM...thanks for your interest if the growth of the SN series!

Leslie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 11:16AM by lesliez.
Anonymous User
November 12, 2010 11:22AM
/sarcasm.
November 12, 2010 01:13PM
Sadly that was posted in the Private forum and was still deleted!

November 12, 2010 02:52PM
Which thread was deleted Kevin?

I was contacted by Mike Sidebottom, because someone moved his new thread on the BAP trailers today. It looks like it has been deleted, because I can't find it anywhere. Now who's the "forum police"? JK
November 12, 2010 03:10PM
It was a single post by Victor on the ADGA Elections thread.. I got an email asking if it was deleted and when I looked it was gone.

I assumed John K was doing it.

November 12, 2010 03:15PM
K....thanks Kevin!
Anonymous User
November 12, 2010 03:15PM
You guys are a piece of work I tell ya.

Can lose the hell out of our $ but god @#$%& if someone says a swear word.
November 12, 2010 06:22PM
Careful with that "you guys" there... I am only in support of modest moderation of the language issue. FCC style is the way I say to go.

Also, the board had no control over the collection and holding of the money.

November 12, 2010 10:40PM
Since Gilligan chose to call me out this is to clarify. Although I do have admin rights, since the board stated they were establishing guidelines I haven't acted in an admin capacity. 29 Oct was the last time I edited/deleted anything and that was at the request of the thread originator through a pm.

JOhn k
November 15, 2010 08:28AM
JK thanx for what you do. I did ask Leslie to delete some of my post because of ?????????????? about them being legal and she did. I do feel we are taking this too far . As for the Jesus pics They should have been removed. Use your brain when posting and you should be alright. These guidelines are easy to follow. I myself have broken these guidelines and they were pulled. Some got put back but others were pulled for good. These guidelines are pretty good but need some tweeking and I am sure the BOD will adress this. If you look at our present BOD I feel they are heading in the right direction. There will be diferences in opinions but I feel they will come to a common ground nd fix these problems. I am one to jump fast on someone but think they will do a great job in the end.
Thanx guys for the FREE work you do. I repeat FREE

leo otto
MOBZ
November 15, 2010 09:50AM
IT'S GILLY DOING THE DELETING PEOPLE.DUH.

BMB
November 15, 2010 09:55AM
Yeah, that makes sense.

Where is Jesse with his quote, because it is clear that B-Hole has just removed all doubt. ;)

November 15, 2010 10:13AM
you B-Hole are wrong again. If you dont know you just plain dont know. Accept that and move on to a topic you might know something about. It is not Gil that deletes or puts back. But I know who it is

leo otto
November 15, 2010 12:13PM
WELL WHO THE FUQUE ELSE WOULD DELETE THE BAP TRAILERS THREAD.NO DOUBT

BMB
November 15, 2010 12:39PM
You would be surprised if you knew!!!!! I do know.....

Alxtgr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013