Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Southern Nationals College Bowl Pick-Em

Posted by MassiveJ 
Southern Nationals College Bowl Pick-Em
December 04, 2010 07:57PM
The 2010 Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em game is here! Show off your smarts by picking the winners in all of the college bowl games.

[football.fantasysports.yahoo.com]

Group ID# 4829
Password: discgolf

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
Re: Southern Nationals College Bowl Pick-Em
December 04, 2010 10:21PM
Thanks. Been waiting for it. I have to redeem my bad performance from last year, and reaffirm my sweep
E victory from the year before.

The Golden Stank RULES!!!!!!!!!
December 05, 2010 11:33AM
not sure why but it's not letting me in.
December 05, 2010 03:17PM
December 06, 2010 07:58AM
We used to play one like this for local foodstuff. If you lost you had to send the winner some of the local flavor. For example, one year I won and got in the mail: Rendezvous and Germantown Commissary Rubs, Cuban marinade from Tampa, Wine from a Missouri vineyard, MSU cheese. Stuff like that. What say we do this for a new disc of the losers choosing. I figure the winner won't get anything much but you could always use new discs to give away to new players or sell. Anyone want to do that?
December 06, 2010 11:42AM
I'm game, I say we put up a new champion plastic or better....that way we're play'n for someth'n decent, no x-outs or double stamps, just a regular new disc......if your skeered say your skeered, SN DESTROYERS are here to do work!!!
December 06, 2010 12:05PM
im in

December 06, 2010 02:30PM
The field is set. Make your picks and don't forget to adjust your confidence points accordingly. There are some pretty tough calls this season. Tell your friends. Let's keep up the discussion on possible side bets, I'm down for $5 or $10, but not sure about discs.

December 06, 2010 02:43PM
I'm in for $10, easier to mail than a disc anyway!
December 06, 2010 08:00PM
I'm in for 10.00

December 06, 2010 08:26PM
Beat me to it, Robby. Sending money is easier, and since one or two people have yet to mail me the ten bucks they owe me from two years ago, doubling the bet value AND the pain in the ass of mailing the disc would only encourage more stinkin welching.

But, if some people are down for cash and some people want discs, I'm down for both. I pay my gambling debts, punks. If I win, I'll donate the discs to the next Lafayette Spring Tournament. I'd say Mid Winter, but that wouldn't give people much time to mail them. Any kind of plastic is fine with me.
December 09, 2010 11:42AM
I see 7 people have signed up. Tell your friends.

December 09, 2010 07:25PM
Who owes you from 2 years ago blue....call em out!

BMB
December 10, 2010 09:01AM
Where is everybody? SIGN UP TODAY!

December 10, 2010 09:02PM

I don't think people read the OT.

December 13, 2010 09:06AM
WOW, we're up to 11 people.

December 14, 2010 01:05AM
Really? I remember so many more people from last year.

Unfortunately, I'm on my phone and have been for weeks. I'll sign up via phone if I have to, but I keep telling myself that I'll do it when I get to a real computer. Trust me. I'm in, and I'll still wager whatever anyone wants. If i forget to enter, I'll still pay whoever actually verifies that they're in. I'm not calling out the welchers. They know who they are, and I don't want to ruin it for everyone by injecting drama. After all, two years ago, it was ten bucks, not worth ruining the fun of the bowl pick 'em.
December 15, 2010 09:20AM
I see 12 pick sets, and it looks like Mac has 2. What up wit dat? What up wit dis? I remember when we used to draw like 40 people into College Bowl Pick'Em as well as March Madness Bracket Challenges. If I were to start a thread in the General Discussion, some folks would get all pissy and throw a fit about how it doesn't have anything to do with disc golf and move it. But that's why I don't think people are signing up, because nobody really reads the OT.

December 15, 2010 12:51PM
The first time I signed in I didn't make my picks. When I went in the second time the site made me sign-in again, thus two sets for me. That time I had all my picks ready and my antique computer froze up. I still don't have my picks in either set yet. I will make one more attempt Friday.
December 15, 2010 09:55PM
Bingo. The added boards that satisfy all of the butt-hurt "purists" fragment the user base. I say start one on the main board just to let people know it exists. If they whack it, they whack it, but people will still be aware of it. Kinda like saying stuff in court that gets objected to, the jury can't unhear it regardless of what the judge tells them.
December 17, 2010 02:22PM
Bowls start start tomorrow, right? Better get in if ya ain't.

December 18, 2010 12:06PM
Yahoo won't let me create a new account. I tried several times. Sorry. All bets are off, and I suspect that might be the cause of the dropoff in play.
December 22, 2010 08:54PM
My computer crashed just after my last post. Just got it back from the fix-it place today. Sure do hate that I didn't get my picks posted.
December 24, 2010 09:55AM
I know. I'm doing pretty well so far in other leagues, but I've always really liked the ranking system in this one. Oh well. Next year.
December 28, 2010 09:31AM
So who's winning so far? I took a serious dive this past weekend. Friggin Georgia Tech.
December 28, 2010 11:47AM
I had issues as well with access....Griff
December 28, 2010 01:21PM
Well I only picked two wrong as of now.

Terry Zeringue
Anonymous User
December 28, 2010 02:09PM
I took a big hit with HI. Was 31pts I think :(
December 30, 2010 09:35AM
Somebody call the leader and tell him I'm gonna pass him on the final lap......
December 30, 2010 09:58AM
You won't reach him cause I'll trip you up, then I'll throw a disc at the leader.

Terry Zeringue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013