Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Southern Nationals College Bowl Pick-Em

Posted by MassiveJ 
Re: Southern Nationals College Bowl Pick-Em
December 31, 2010 07:35AM
Wow, both k state and tenn get screwed royally then griff's huskers show up and go down without even swinging!! AAIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!
December 31, 2010 10:44AM
Yeah, yesterday was a terrible pickem day for me.

Terry Zeringue
December 31, 2010 09:16PM
It just keeps getting worse and worse. I thought at least Tennessee or Georgia could represent, but it looks like my fear of an SEC collapse is coming true.
December 31, 2010 10:32PM
Negative.....LSU will take care of A&M!
January 01, 2011 07:47PM
Ye sec west will represent, the east is weaker than ever.
January 02, 2011 12:30PM
GO HOGS!!!
January 02, 2011 04:35PM
Yes, go hogs. I know you'll have to end your love affair with losing to non-conference opponents, but OSU needs to remain winless against the SEC in bowls. Hook a brutha up.
Anonymous User
January 03, 2011 08:50AM
I am coming for you Nash.
January 03, 2011 01:08PM
How 'bout them Dawgs representing the SEC? Michigan sucked but the dogs did what you do to bad teams, destroyed them. They should have let Michigan and Mich. State play again and given us a another crack at Bama since we were all down there. Certainly would have been a better game. Got our coach all signed up nice and big win, time to get ready for next year. It's a shame our bball program is in shambles. Oh well, on to baseball.

Oh and do we have Clayton's address to send him his $10(he doesn't need any discs!!), I have never seen my bowl picks this bad. It appears I have no idea about football anymore.
January 03, 2011 09:27PM
Well, your basketball team could be our basketball team. I can't believe the teams we've lost to this year.
January 03, 2011 10:20PM
I am not in on the $10 side bet

this has always been optional the past few years for those who wanted in on the side bet

but I still hope my picks hang on to win =)
Anonymous User
January 04, 2011 10:07AM
No side bet from me either, win or lose.
January 05, 2011 03:10PM
Thanks, hogs. Way to break the streak.
January 07, 2011 09:23AM
This was sent to me by my ex who lives in River Falls and is a huge Alabama fan despite that being Tiger territory:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For you Auburn fans who are planning on driving your tractors to the duck-hunting adventure that is the National Championship game in Glendale, Ariz., on Jan. 10, you should have left a week ago. OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I really am proud for Auburn and its fans. Unlike your brethren in Tuscaloosa, you AU folks don't get these type trips very often. The last time the Barners, I mean the Tigers, played for a national championship, Dwight D. Eisenhower was in the White House and Ed Sullivan hadn't heard of the Beatles yet. Fifty-three years is a long time in between National Championship games. There's a good chance you have forgotten how to act or what to do while on a national stage such as the one you will be on. We Alabama fans know what class is, after all, we can buy University of Alabama caskets to show off to the worms. Remember, you aren't just representing that cow coll..., I mean Auburn University. You are representing the state of Alabama. And, of course, when you read or hear Alabama, you think of the 13 National Championships and 22 SEC Championships that UA has in its trophy cases. It will be a struggle, but I really am going to pull for AU to beat Oregon. I don't really want that big pretty trophy housed in the Great Northwest where it will stay damp and get rusty. With an AU win over the ducks, the state of Alabama would be home to 15 Division 1 college football National Championships - our 13 plus y'all's two. That would be great. The following article was written by Charles Whisenant for The Arab Tribune on Dec. 15, 2010-And from what I hear, you AU fans will be happy to know that Cam Newton will return for his senior season next year rather than going to the NFL. Apparently, he said he can't afford the pay cut. (Sorry, I guess I didn't have it out of my system.)
And based on the past 53 years when UA won eight championships and AU (hopefully) won two, the next 53 years will see the state of Alabama be home to 27 National Championships - our 21 and y'all's four. In the spirit of sportsmanship, I offer here some tidbits that you Auburn folks should remember while you are in Glendale. It's a few things we Alabama folks learned while in Pasadena last year and New Orleans in 1993 and New Orleans in 1980 and New Orleans in 1979 and... well you get the message.
•If you find yourself pulled over by local law enforcement, do not ask the officer to hold your beer while you find your driver's license.
•Overalls are not appropriate attire to wear to the game and most tractors won't fit in parking spaces at the stadium.
•When the doves are released during the pre-game ceremony, do not pull out your shotguns. It is "duck season," not dove season. In fact, leave your shotguns at home.
•You are not hunting real ducks. They are football players whose mascot is a duck. Refer to the rule above
•I know you've been told that 17 and under are not admitted to R rated movies, but that doesn't mean you have to go in a group of 18.
•Do not brag to Arizona residents that your car tag is personalized just because your father made it.
•When asked where you are from, do not reply, "LA."
•Guns N Roses is a rock band, not anniversary gifts.
•The Battle of the Bulge is not an argument between your wife and mother.
•If you go sightseeing at the Grand Canyon, do not test the air brakes on your truck by driving off a cliff.
•After the band plays the National Anthem, do not yell out, "Gentlemen, start your engines."
•Do not tell people that you "loaded the dishwasher by getting your wife drunk."
•If you go to the Glendale Aquarium, do not bring a cane pole or trot line.
•Remove the rag from your gas tank and buy a replacement gas cap.
•If asked for your ID in Glendale, do not show them your belt buckle.
•When discussing the stock market, do not refer to the place where cows are sold.
Above all, have fun, Auburn fans. Enjoy the game. Bring home the national championship trophy home to Alabama. Soak it all in, because 2063 is a long ways off.
January 07, 2011 06:20PM
Forgot to add...ROLL TIDE!
January 08, 2011 08:55PM
ROLL TIDE!!!
Anonymous User
January 09, 2011 04:57PM
How about them picks???
January 10, 2011 08:48AM
Dillon,
You got Auburn tonight?

January 10, 2011 11:19PM
Of course.

Enjoyed it guys.
January 10, 2011 11:21PM
WAR EAGLE!
January 10, 2011 11:32PM
Auburn looked good tonight, way to keep the SEC streak alive.

Terry Zeringue
January 11, 2011 11:22AM
I hope it stands instead of, you know, bringing down the SEC and college football in general.

And for all of you who bet it at AU -3, enjoy your giant baloney sandwiches.
January 12, 2011 12:08PM
It is amazing how those Bookies get it right a majority of the time - even on high/low.....

what a finish!
January 12, 2011 10:56PM
It is ashamed that Auburn will likely have it stripped. Funny thing is the Cam thing won't be the undoing of this year for Auburn. So much more to it than Cam. He'll be happy in the NFL while Auburn gets the book thrown at them. Just like USC. Oh well.

What could have been for the Dawgs had we just ponied up the 200 K. Maybe next year for us.

SEC West 2011
1. Bama
2. Arkansas T
2. MSU T
4. LSU
5. Auburn
6. UM
January 14, 2011 03:42PM
So you have us losing to MSU and Arky, huh? The bullies have been wanting to beat us for a long time, but it ain't gonna happen, and Arky loses a whole lot of talent. I don't see that one happening either. With a new OC and a steady stream of talent coming in, LSU should be able to make a run next year. 2nd place in the West, at worst.

Then again, we could go 7-5. Such is life with Lester Ball.
January 20, 2011 08:52AM
SEC west 2011---
1 bama
2 UM
3 lsu
4 msu
5 aub
6 ark

SEC east
1 tenn
2 sc
3 fl
4 ga
5 ky
6 vandy

Read em and wheep!!!
January 20, 2011 06:50PM
Bama is believable. Ole Miss is not, unless they have a really good parolee signing class this year.
January 21, 2011 12:18PM
UM isn't losing anyone.....except masoli......but we have 7 qb's on the roster for next year right now, counting Brunetti, the qb transfer from WV....rebels will be strong and everyone else is losing big time playmakers...u shall see.
January 21, 2011 12:48PM
RobbyHarris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> UM isn't losing anyone.....except masoli......but
> we have 7 qb's on the roster for next year right
> now, counting Brunetti, the qb transfer from
> WV....rebels will be strong and everyone else is
> losing big time playmakers...u shall see.

LOL strong is they were in the Sunbelt conference.......

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 42
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013