Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Awesome!!!!! Even better......... POLITICS
January 31, 2011 06:40PM
[www.washingtontimes.com]

The conservative rain of awesomeness is upon us!!!!!!!!!
Re: Awesome!!!!! Even better......... POLITICS
February 01, 2011 07:17AM
It's unconstitutional. Trash it.
February 01, 2011 09:12AM
Trash it and institute single-payer, universal heathcare. Never gonna happen, though.
February 01, 2011 12:11PM
Better yet, allow us to choose from insurance companies across the U.S, not just in state.. More competition will drive costs down.
February 01, 2011 03:16PM
I just don't see how capitalism and health care can coexist. By law a publicly traded insurance company's goal is to make share holders money. The easiest way to do this is deny coverage... and they spend more time (and probably money) figuring out how to deny coverage than they do providing it.

Reminds me of the big corporations that donate 500k to charity then spend 4 million making sure everyone knows they donated the 500k.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
February 01, 2011 07:21PM
The money spent denying coverage AND the money spent in marketing (which is a very large amount) are subtracted from the money available to pay claims. A private insurance company's fiduciary duty to its shareholders (to maximize profit) is in direct and irreconcilable conflict with its (lesser) duty to pay the claims of its patients/customers. Private insurers have to love the Health Care bill that passed because it keeps them in the game AND requires everyone to buy a policy. Health insurance premiums are astronomical now, and it's not because of the new health care law.
February 01, 2011 08:30PM
If somebody can provide an example of a single social entitlement program at the federal level that is well capitalized, efficiently administered and continues to operate within the same legislative mandate that created it, I will listen to that person's plan for the socialization of healthcare.
February 01, 2011 08:43PM
Jaques... the USPS ran pretty well for 200 years... granted they didn't keep up with the times when UPS and FedEx started their next day services and such.

I definitely don't see what they are currently passing as health care is a good idea... I just also don't think that a publicly traded health insurance company is any better.

February 01, 2011 08:53PM
It would be great if the government could not force us to buy broccoli or eat broccoli or prevent us from doing either.
February 01, 2011 08:56PM
My local government has a law that says you MUST have a waste contract with Allied Waste for your trash pickup.

This is of course BS because I have an office which has a dumpster so what if I only wanted to pay for ONE trash pickup and not at every piece of property I own?! But I will be charged with a misdemeanor if I do not get a contract with Allied. This policy is confirmed with Russel who works for that department!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013