Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Not trying to hate, but...pt. 2

Posted by charles plumber 
Re: Not trying to hate, but...pt. 2
April 04, 2011 12:32PM
If there was no problem then it wouldn't come up year after year.

While I got it on the clipboard:
"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
April 04, 2011 01:41PM
Gilly - the Whiners Whine....that is my point.....they Whine about this time every season.....

....and that's THE ONLY reason this topic keeps poppin' up!

No TDs have ever tried to "referee" entries and division placements.....AND THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO........it's up to the INDIVIDUAL PLAYER where they play.....and if done in aversion of a guideline, then they do so at their own risk.......

Therefore, let' s continue to allow INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS to make their own INDIVIDUAL DECISIONS.....

If they choose badly, we have this WONDERFUL FORUM to air out the grievance!!

Peace, out.....Griff
April 04, 2011 02:11PM
I completely agree... no need to add more work to the TD's shoulder's.

Just like with any law, as you know, ignorance is no excuse. But just like they post a speed limit sign every X miles we could ask the TD's to simply have the rules and maybe a divisional listing hanging around for those that might not "know the rules".

Sure they would be outdated every single week... BUT it wouldn't be hard to preface the entire list with "This is how it works....." and you state why a player might be responsible to play in a division higher than the one listed on the sheet (because it would be outdated by last weeks tournaments). If they choose to ignore the rules then just like if you choose to ignore the speed limit signs... boom, penalties.

I can't see many people at "that level of play" having a hard time KNOWING what the rules are and where they belong. If you are playing that well, then chances are you have had a few discussions on how the series works and how the rules work.

I've carried a rules book with me so long that it's falling apart due to rusty staples... not because I am a big stickler for them, but because I won't be caught in violation of a rule due to ignorance!

April 05, 2011 06:48AM
Gilligan, if your rulebook is that old, it is out of date and inaccurate.
April 05, 2011 08:35AM
You are correct Rob.

I just haven't had the chance to get a new one plus if you look not as much playing since the changes.

I have read about the new rules though and now with phones today... speaking of, I should just download the pdf to the phone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013