Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Not trying to hate, but...pt. 2
March 31, 2011 08:44AM
Is gilligan as big a douche in person as he is on this forum?
Re: Not trying to hate, but...pt. 2
March 31, 2011 08:51AM
And you are much better how? Great thread start, it shows that you're better than he is LMAO.

Somebody delete this pointless thread!!

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2011 09:07AM by TheZinger.
March 31, 2011 09:01AM
I agree Zinger!!!!

This shows immaturity. Erase this please.
March 31, 2011 09:30AM
Very inappropriate ... Very sad ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
March 31, 2011 11:44AM
No and why start another bs thread

Ops hope bs is ok

Leo
Anonymous User
March 31, 2011 11:53AM
I agree. Delete this garbage.

BS ? Bull snot ?
March 31, 2011 12:12PM
Yeh thats what I meant
March 31, 2011 01:05PM
This thread is being moved to Off Topic....since it is obviously not tournament nor golf related.
March 31, 2011 01:45PM
Thanks Leslie.
March 31, 2011 01:57PM
Does everyone see how this was done, every poster on this thread did NOT agree that Charles should not have started this thread, but INSTEAD OF ATTACKING Charles, simple opinions were given on how the posters felt.

Terry Zeringue
March 31, 2011 02:33PM
It's an interesting side-by-side comparison with the other thread, for sure.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 31, 2011 04:07PM
I've never met the guy. But judging from some of the posts he wrote and his attack on Cameron, I feel it's a legitimate question. I guess the sn doesn't care how they are perceived. But it is anything but professional the way you guys carry on in a public forum. Entertaining, but unprofessional.
March 31, 2011 04:18PM
Name ONE time I "attacked" Cameron.

You attacked, I stated only that the situation warrants addressing as it keeps getting worse and worse it seems. Substitute his name for many others of other years/divisions and its' the same thing... except that some of the people that attacked me were the ones complaining about the other people in the past (and present).

I have had several calls and pm's about this topic... not one single one said anything negative about me posting what I did. I actually had to reaffirm to some of the people that agreed with me that I really don't care about the name involved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
March 31, 2011 05:12PM
So what's the BoD going to do about this insidious problem that plagues the SN?
March 31, 2011 05:22PM
Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2011 05:24PM by Karen J..
March 31, 2011 05:24PM
This situation warrants addressing.

You know I'm just taking cheap shots gilly.
March 31, 2011 06:42PM
It's been talked about for years, but nothing has been done.
Time for the BoD to do something if they think it's such a problem.
If the problem's so pervasive, the player base will welcome changes mandated by the BoD.
Quit calling people out on public forums, either directly or indirectly, and end this madness!

rWc3523
March 31, 2011 08:00PM
I don't think it happens enough to warrant any sort of mandate.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
April 01, 2011 12:33AM
As I am going out at the end of this season I'd hope we can see I'm not looking to be some all seeing power over this.

I think that the Board SHOULD be over seeing situations like this and have the "gumption" to say "Ok, buddy... time to move on up".

Again this is my opinion and I'm not looking for the power, I'm suggesting that the board should have it. Let it take effect in 2 years that way no one on the current board would get that sort of power. Like when politicians vote in pay raises that don't take effect until the next term... granted certainly no pay raise here. ;)

April 01, 2011 02:45AM
charles plumber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But it is
> anything but professional the way you guys carry
> on in a public forum. Entertaining, but
> unprofessional.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me how you acted professional and mature! Set an example, don't be part of the problem.

Terry Zeringue
April 01, 2011 05:36AM
Russ3523 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's been talked about for years, but nothing has
> been done.
> Time for the BoD to do something if they think
> it's such a problem.
> If the problem's so pervasive, the player base
> will welcome changes mandated by the BoD.
> Quit calling people out on public forums, either
> directly or indirectly, and end this madness!
>
>
> rWc3523

How many people have asked for change on this? Should a rule be set in place for what a few people want?

Ok so what I'm saying is, there was many many people saying clean up the website, so they set rules in place. Same with the 6 month rule on moving back down. As far as this topic goes, there has only been a select number of players talking about it. Plus there has only been about 4-5 ideas brought up on how to handle it.
April 01, 2011 08:34AM
While I do believe calling players out to start up a conversation is wrong, using a player's stats isn't. Keep it clean an all about factual numbers, no matter whose name they belong to.

Terry Zeringue
April 01, 2011 08:39AM
Exactly Zinger... I have no reason to care who's name is attached nor where that person is from.

I've seen particular PEOPLE hated on for similar wins in divisions of only 2 people. The stats are mentioned but how can you compare stats against one or two other players. I beat some of the same people EVERY round... that doesn't make me a pro. ;)

Anonymous User
April 01, 2011 11:19AM
He won City of Mobile too, what a champ.
April 01, 2011 12:38PM
I apologize for contributing to the problem. It was rash and immature.
April 01, 2011 02:40PM
It gets complicated when you are an amateur playing in SN and PDGA events especially if you are going for a PDGA Amateur World Title. When a person's goal is a PDGA World Title and the tournament is sanctioned by both organizations, the person will play by PDGA guidelines.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 03:10PM by Karen J..
April 01, 2011 07:33PM
And that is well with in the rights... even if they were a Cashing Pro in the SN if their pdga membership is active and they are ranked as Am or Adv they could play in that division for that tournament.

Lex
April 01, 2011 08:50PM
I agree with that,if you are current pdga player and are playing a dual sanctioned tournament you are well within your rights to play in your pdga rankings. You can cash pro all day in SN and still be an AM PDGA member.

I think there should be a certain amount of top 3 finishes until you are required to move up. Maybe 4 within 6 tourneys or....
Also if the points race is contributing to bagging give it up. All you get is a disc anyways.
The SN Cup should not be a reason to bag, and if it is too much of a problem Alan has final sayso anyways.

Either way the Southern National Tournament Series is a way to challenge yourself to get better and most importantly have fun with your friends you only get to see on these "get togethers" (tournaments). If we're not having fun we're not winning, not the other way around.

I look forward to seeing all my friends at the next tournament.

225-268-9315
April 03, 2011 09:50AM
Nobody should ever be required to move up, except out of novice. It's really all about knowing the definitions of divisions and having good reasons to want to move up.

Terry Zeringue
April 04, 2011 11:36AM
BS = Big Story THere's your "for everybody" version......

Zinger is rt! (wow - that's PRICELESS!! j/k)

No, really, he is.......forcing to move up = BAD IDEA!!

Make YOUR own choice and PLAY BETTER!!!! Then the whining would drop to cricket sounds.....
Alost every year - around spring - this SAME thread on "baggin" or any variation thereof comes up on the Boards....

Still no revisions to any rules, still same banter on the topic........

Let's just PLAY! Enjoy! Play More! Enjoy! when finished repeat #1......

words from a lifelong Advanced Player......and happy to stay Pro-Free!! Peace, Griff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013