Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's the best course to play in the Birmingham, Al area?

Posted by ribsandwhisk 
What's the best course to play in the Birmingham, Al area?
March 31, 2011 03:38PM
Gonna be in town for Widespread Panic and will only have time to play one round!
Who's up for a Saturday round before the show?
Re: What's the best course to play in the Birmingham, Al area?
March 31, 2011 05:09PM
George Ward is the only one in Birmnigham. There's two good ones in Trussville, but that's a bit of a haul from Oak Mtn.

We'll be there but not sure how early. DG could be in the itinerary, but not sure yet.

rWc3523
March 31, 2011 08:07PM
George Ward for sure! It is a 27 hole course with a great variety! About 15-30 minutes from Oak Mountain (I think...been a while) to the course...depending on traffic.

That would be such a AWESOME time :)
March 31, 2011 08:58PM
30+ WSP shows and first time to Oak Mtn, I'm stoked!!!
March 31, 2011 09:13PM
It is an awesome venue...hate I'm missing it! It's the same weekend as the SN Cup...wish I could go!
March 31, 2011 09:41PM
It is? I didn't notice. ;-)

Have fun.

Check back here, ribs. I have the day off so there's a good chance we'll leave early and play Ward before the show. I do want to get to the venue early. And if it's raining, no golf for me! ;-)

rWc3523
March 31, 2011 10:39PM
Will do! Prolly go kinda early. We're staying in the lot! Goggle earth say my hotel is 937 ft from the main gate of Oak Mtn. don't want anyone to steal our parking spot! haha
April 01, 2011 08:59AM
Awesome spot! Oh and by the way....love your user name :)
April 01, 2011 09:55PM
@ Leslie{ thank you)!
April 14, 2011 11:20PM
ALL OF THEM

Michaelâ„¢ :What this world needs is more Junior Mint's, hold the fruitcakes.
April 18, 2011 08:55PM
When this one opens, I'll be visiting my Alabama family more often:

Inverness (Hoover) Nature Park

From Discgolfbirmingham.com
With the land provided by the City of Hoover, DGB has been tasked with installing a championship level disc golf course at the "Inverness Nature Park". The Inverness Nature Park is a tract of land located only three miles south/east of the 459/280 interchange. The park is mostly wooded with a few open areas, rolling hills, and some water. Initial plans for the park include parking, benches & trash cans with future plans to include restrooms and a pavilion.

With the available land, we're expecting a championship level course that will play Par 60+ from the Pro tees! Initial estimates have the Pro tees at almost 8,000', for comparison George Ward is 5,600'! Am tees will be similar in length to George Ward but will provide additional challenges with wooded fairways and elevation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013