Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Favorite Bible Passages

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Favorite Bible Passages
July 20, 2011 01:17PM
swept?

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
July 20, 2011 03:03PM
The manger isn't gonna sweep itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 20, 2011 03:13PM
funny^^^^^^^

BUT...He might start that way...to influence people into following his lead.

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
July 24, 2011 10:55AM
Seems to fit the topic......

[www.youtube.com]

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
July 24, 2011 11:54AM
Holy crap Keith. That was hilarious.
July 24, 2011 02:28PM
Wow... I knew prayers could be bought but I've never seen it done like this!

I bet Jesus sure is proud of the money changers in the church.

Stirs up the memories of Mathew 21:12
12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13

August 02, 2011 11:55AM
Lunch,

Beautifully said. I am an un-believer if you will, but I will say I respect your choice and wish you the utmost blessings as you walk the earth!

I have to have gotten past the point of logical discussion, but mostly the other way around. Fundamentalist anything is a sickness upon this earth. All you can do is try and become a better person every day!

Peace be with you,

Dustin
November 22, 2011 04:38PM
Bluff - Nothing you've quoted offended me at all. I find it highly ignorant that you think quoting a part of the Bible that chronicles actions against Godly living would prove the Bible wrong. I've read the verses you quoted many times, and every time it was used to teach Christians about remaining faithful to God and His teachings, rather than turning from Him and putting ourselves in bad situations that end up ruining lives. Lot's wife was turned to a pillar of salt for looking back at Sodom and Gomorrah, too. Instead of returning to the life he should have been living, Lot remained in hiding with his daughters. You've read the rest.

Gilligan - Typical. Intelligence vs wisdom has long been an issue for people arrogant enough to think the little bit of knowledge gained by studying the thoughts of others before them means that they are more knowledgeable than anyone who believes otherwise. Oddly, you're just like the overzealous, misled "Christians" you rail against. People are not stupid simply because they believe differently than you. Any book can be read incorrectly by its readers, especially given their reason for reading in the first place. Whether God exists cannot be determined by anyone by simply reading a book. If you consider yourself to have a scientific mind, ask yourself how something goes from being a theory to being a fact. Now, ask yourself how to ever be able to truly judge anything considered to be spiritual. It cannot be done by physical means.

Anyone who believes that man is only flesh and bone, with no spirit or soul, is easily deluded. We see eveidence every day of things that cannot be explained by natural means. Choosing to believe something spiritual doesn't exist because it can't be measured or seen by experiments is to choose to be blind and stupid. Choosing to believe it doesn't exist to allow for the lifestyle you want without fear of conscience or punishment is the same. I don't believe in God because I went to church growing up or because I was taught to by my elders. I believe in God because of the very real experiences I have had my entire life that cannot be explained away by coincidence or "positive thinking". I know Jesus is real. Not because of the different accounts of His life, but because I know the difference He has made in my life and many other's lives.

Many horrible things have been done by people who try to use God's name to excuse their actions. How many truly unselfish, courageous and loving actions are done every day in His name by people not looking for credit or fame? Personally, if you take the actions and lives of those who believe in God and compare them to those who don't, I don't see how any intelligent person could believe there's no difference.
November 22, 2011 09:15PM
Sure, but there are people that live admiral lives and they don't believe.

Religion does not have a monopoly on morality or living honestly and justly.

I see proof of that EVERY day of my life.

November 23, 2011 08:16AM
....nevermind

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2011 08:54AM by wayneacree.
November 25, 2011 10:05AM
Ten disc, your reasoning is pretty one sided. Here are the facts.

One can't prove the existence of god.

One can't prove he doesn't exist.

One can't prove that magic isn't real on other planets or that the plot line of "The Green Lantern" starring Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively isn't a real life scenario somewhere in the universe.

I'm going to stick to logic on this one. Make decisions based on the facts presented.
November 29, 2011 10:56AM
So Rinklestein, love doesn't exist? It can't be proved, can it? Bumblebees can't fly, either. Physics absolutely proves that they can't physically fly, given their weight and the size of their wings. We take lots of things that can't be proved and simple logic tells us that just because science can't prove it, that doesn't mean it can't exist. It all comes down to what you're willing to accept as true, despite not being able to prove it one way or another. That's why it's called faith. You obviously have faith in what you can see, even though science proves that the human eye can be tricked by several means. My question to you is, do you believe what scientists tell you concerning things you can't see for yourself? Did you know that scientists learn all the time that things they used to believe to be facts are wrong? Even the most highly esteemed ideas about light and energy particles have recently been proved wrong. So, what can we believe?
November 29, 2011 11:22AM
toothfairy? Anyone? How many people have been killed in the name of Christianity? Enlighten those whom are in the dark.

Prove me wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2011 11:23AM by wayneacree.
November 30, 2011 06:08PM
fact is some people believe some dont. I believe but not a religeous person. I believe if you are a good person to your fellow man you are in good shape. Dont care to debate it just my thoughts and everyone is entitled to have there own beliefs

leo otto
December 02, 2011 03:24AM
tendisc, you picked a bad example. Physics doesn't prove that bumblebees can't fly. Be careful not to believe (or have faith) in fake news articles or chain mail. As for science being wrong, that is bound to happen when you lack evidence. Science doesn't just decide something based on nothing (or faith). It uses the evidence available to make a decision, and then possibly changes that decision later on when more evidence is revealed.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
December 02, 2011 06:10PM
Love is not an actual thing.

It's an emotion, a mix of chemicals in the brain.

Are you suggesting god is an emotion? I'll go with that. You can "feel" god all you want. But recognize that the "power of love" (sorry Huey Lewis) has no power over anyone or anything other than those directly involved in that emotion (mainly one's self). So the power of god in that case is in the same place... all in your mind. ;) Honestly that last part wasn't meant to be offensive but factual based on the statements about love. Just funnier to some of us.

FYI... the facts behind your century old fable of bumble bees.
[www.straightdope.com]

December 05, 2011 07:34PM
PRAISE THE LORD

BMB
December 05, 2011 08:03PM
The most henious and the must cruel crimes of which history has record have been committed under the cover of religion or equally noble motives.
Mohandas K Gandhi, Young India, July 7, 1950, quoted from Laird Wilcox, ed.,
December 06, 2011 12:24PM
going to church in Memphis? Wear a bullet proof vest and make sure your shots are up to date.

[discussions.wreg.com]
December 06, 2011 05:58PM
wayneacree Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> going to church in Memphis? Wear a bullet proof
> vest and make sure your shots are up to date.
>
>
> [discussions.wreg.com]
> pts-in-memphis-church-during-communion-20111205/10

lol. so funny!
December 12, 2011 11:58AM
Science PROVEs the existence of "something greater than all of our understanding".........

some call it God or Spirit or some other word......

Man exists i n an attempt to explain the unknown......

I'll take it on faith.......hope to see you there!! Griff
December 15, 2011 07:17PM
bryan griffin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Science PROVEs the existence of "something greater
> than all of our understanding".........
>
>
>
> some call it God or Spirit or some other
> word......

>
> Man exists i n an attempt to explain the
> unknown......
>
>
> I'll take it on faith.......hope to see you
> there!! Griff

I call it fantasy. Science proves no such thing.
December 15, 2011 08:19PM
yall are going to hell

BMB
December 15, 2011 08:43PM
That is why I choose to enjoy the ride.
If I am going down, I am going down in a "good mood"!
December 16, 2011 08:48AM
This saddens me. Regardless of what you believe this thread is blasphemy. I will be praying for you all. I can't tell any of you what to believe in. But is it too much to ask not to make fun of others beliefs.
December 19, 2011 03:29PM
"He who trusts in his own heart is a fool...." Proverbs 28:26

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their own craftiness'; and again, 'The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.'" 1 Corinthians 3:19-20

"...the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14-15

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' Psalm 53:1

"Fools mock at sin, but among the upright there is favor." Proverbs 14:9

"A fool has no delight in understanding, but in expressing his own heart." Proverbs 18:2

"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools..." Romans 1:20-22

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise." Proverbs 12:15

"He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed." Proverbs 13:20

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are saved it is the power of God. For it is written: 'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.'
"Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
"For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men." 1 Corinthians 1:18-25
"...God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" 1 Corinthians 1:27

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 1 Corinthians 2:12

James Ireland
They're always after me lucky bag tag!
[www.ecdgc.org]

December 19, 2011 09:51PM
Prove it ^^^^^^^^^^
December 20, 2011 09:26AM
Rinkelstein,

I am assuming you are asking me to prove that God exists?
I am definitely not a theologian or a bible scholar, but I do have a pretty solid foundation
in understanding the God of the Bible. I am working on gathering resources from others
who have written about this topic, which I am sure that this question has been asked for thousands of years.

While I am forming my answer, I would ask you to:
Prove that God DOESN'T exist or at minimum that there is some sort of Supreme Being that created the universe

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2011 09:27AM by jamesireland.
December 20, 2011 03:50PM
So it's my responsibility to proof that there is no magic man in the sky that loves you no matter what.

If you substitute Santa for Jesus, you would feel completely different about religion.
December 20, 2011 04:00PM
Santa did not die for my sins... Santa never healed the lame, raised people from the dead, proclaimed to be the Son of God, made a way for people to come to spend eternity with God the Father in heaven, Taught others how to live the way God desires, Santa doesn't live inside me, Santa can't help me through trials and tribulations, Santa will not judge me on judgement day, Santa will never create a new heaven and a new earth... just to name a few things he will never do that Jesus has done and will do...

So yeah, if you would like to prove that God doesn't exist, I will do my best to prove that he does exist...
Not sure what you believe on how this universe was created, but it got here somehow, and we exist so this is real,
according the Bible us humans and the universe was intricately designed for God's good will and pleasure,
Here are a few just human observations to chew on that we are intricately designed:
[www.everystudent.com]

This is probably one of my favorite scientific observations:

The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2011 04:02PM by jamesireland.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Dex
Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013