Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Favorite Bible Passages

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Favorite Bible Passages
January 11, 2012 02:34PM
So if the "THEORY" of evolution is true.. then:

1) Why are we still not evolving and why haven't we scientifically observed one life form evolving to a totally different life form or species?
2) Why in the world are humans on this earth?? What is the meaning of life.
just to live and die?

James Ireland
They're always after me lucky bag tag!
[www.ecdgc.org]

January 11, 2012 04:20PM
Well, micro evolution happens every minute of everyday. What do you think happens with viruses that adapt and change. It's quite simple. X is susceptible to Y so only the X's that don't succumb to Y live on... now X is no longer susceptible to Y... they evolved.

Sadly I feel we as humans have stopped evolving, or will only go the other way. We have no become a species that adapts our environment to us vs us adapting to the environment.

While on the subject, what about moles? Did god just deem them to have poor eyes? or was it because they lived underground so much the need to have good eyes faded with time.

You know why albino animals don't flourish in nature? Because they are eaten rather quickly as they can't hide as well. Or does god just hate albinos?

Speaking of god "hating" things (speaking tongue in cheek of course)...
[whywontgodhealamputees.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 11, 2012 09:25PM
Evolving isn't the same as improving. It is more about adapting. What is good to us, might not be viewed as good to mother nature. We will, in my opinion, continue to evolve. We will just get less intelligent and less active.
January 12, 2012 08:41AM
I believe in what you would refer to as "MICRO" evolution... which I would prefer to call it adaptation or variation,
this is WAYYYYYY different than "MACRO" evolution which is the addition of new traits or a transition to a NEW SPECIES.. like
a dog turning into a cat or a monkey turning into a man.

"MICRO" -evolution or (VARIATIONS) is the adaptations and changes within a species.
Change happens within a group, but the descendant is clearly of the same type as the ancestor.
That is observable and is scientifically proven.. for instance dogs range from St. Bernards to Chihuahua's and they are all
a bit different but they are all still DOGS.

Evolutionists bundle up MICRO & MACRO Evolution and teach it as one and the same and call it EVOLUTION.

God's creation or I appeared by chance?

1) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:26-27

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

or happened by chance from a Big Bang where nothing exploded from nothing and created planets, universes, laws of gravity, etc. etc. only
one habitable planet (Earth as far as us humans have observed) formed some goo in a swamp, swamp goo turned into a rock, rock became an animal, animal became man over millions and millions and millions and millions of years

2) For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13

or you happened by chance from nothing, you evolved from goo to a monkey to a human then you evolved into a.. wait.. we stopped evolving

3) For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

or your life is meaningless.. just live and die and return to "Mother Earth" and become dust, dead, that's the end no hope of anything in the future..
you are just a pile of dust....

4) For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

or when you die you die, you have no soul, no spirit.. no future no hope

In response to your video about why won't God heal amputees.
1) The bible has tons of examples of Jesus healing the lame, blind, deaf, raising people from the dead, casting out demons,
even Jesus' disciples did the same. God created the world, healing amputess is something God has done and can do.

2) Let me just answer the: Why are there starving people, why is there cancer, if God is such a loving God why is there
death, wars, famines, disease, abortion, etc. etc. etc.
First off I am not a bible scholar, philosopher, scientist etc.. there are thousands of articles dealing with all of this who could
answer a million times better than me. I am a Christian and I have been one since I was 13 years old and I believe the Bible is true.
First, the Bible explains who God is, He is Love, He is Just, He is Holy, He is Truth, He is Life, He is Omnipotent, He is Omniscient,
He is Omnipresent, He is Righteous, He is Faithful.

So trying to view God outside of the Bible and trying to figure out and guess who God and is and why He does what He does
there would be so many interpretations of who God is. People don't understand this and think that God is only Love, so that
means, if He loves us then nothing bad should ever happen, no death, no pain, no cancer, no starvation, no abortion etc. etc.
According to the Bible this IS what God intended and WILL do but... for now.. Adam & Eve lived in a perfect world and yet
they sinned against God, and so because of their sin and disobedience, the world is the way it is now. Yes we are all related,
we came from Adam & Eve.. So because of Adam's sin, the world is now cursed and death and disease and weeds and all things
which God did not intend for us are now in place. God says in Isaiah 65:17-25 in the Bible that He will create a new heaven and a new earth
and He will dwell with His people noted in Revelation 21:3

So right now we live in a broken world of sin, this world will be destroyed, Matthew 24:35 but God's word will remain.
There is a hope and a future, everlasting life if you believe and give your life to Jesus Christ.

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 08:48AM by jamesireland.
January 12, 2012 08:46AM
You guys have still not answered my question:
So if evolution is true what is the meaning of life???? What is the purpose of humans on this planet???
Are we just here to live and die and that's it???

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

January 12, 2012 11:35AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems to fit the topic......
>
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Best prayer ever

January 12, 2012 11:41AM
I saw that.. um.. I guess he is trying to be genuine, but...
Matthew 6:5

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

January 12, 2012 11:41AM
This thread makes me want to listen to Hank Williams "The Angel of Death"

January 12, 2012 11:42AM
I saw that.. um.. I guess he is trying to be genuine, but...
Matthew 6:5
5 And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

So while I agree that Jesus hears our prayers, he also sees our hearts.. so I don't know this man's heart.. but
I would tend to disagree with the way he went about it...

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

January 12, 2012 11:47AM
jamesireland Wrote:
> I saw that.. um.. I guess he is trying to be
> genuine, but...
> Matthew 6:5
> 5 And when you pray, do not be like the
> hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the
> synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by
> others. Truly I tell you, they have received their
> reward in full.
>
> So while I agree that Jesus hears our prayers, he
> also sees our hearts.. so I don't know this man's
> heart.. but
> I would tend to disagree with the way he went
> about it...

Have you ever seen the movie Talladega Nights? He was copying that prayer Ricky Bobby does... not word for word but pretty close. I think he was just trying to be funny. What was that Volitaire quote? God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 11:47AM by JesusShoes.
January 12, 2012 12:12PM
evolution..by Southpark
[www.youtube.com]

evolution by Family Guy
[www.youtube.com]
January 13, 2012 06:52AM
jamesireland
You guys have still not answered my question:
So if evolution is true what is the meaning of life???? What is the purpose of humans on this planet???
Are we just here to live and die and that's it???

Why do you assume there is a meaning of life? Do we really need a reason for being here? If so, does everything else have a meaning as well? I'm assuming you'll say all other animals were put here for us, but what about those we don't know about? What is the meaning of some creature we've never seen that's living at the bottom of the ocean?

jamesireland
So because of Adam's sin, the world is now cursed and death and disease and weeds and all things
which God did not intend for us are now in place.

Let's say a kid does something wrong in class, so a teacher decides to do something about it. Not only does she punish him, she decides to punish every kid in every class she teaches until the day she retires. Why would anyone want to learn from that teacher?

jamesireland
just because a whole country believes in a religion and you are
raised up in it, doesn't mean that people don't convert either way when they are old enough to
understand and start questioning why they believe what they believe.

This tells me two things. First, God is basically putting billions of people at a disadvantage from the start. If you're born in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or one of those tribes in South America that nobody messes with, you've got a very small chance of becoming a Christian, and in some cases no chance of every even hearing about it. If you're from anywhere else, your odds are greater than 50%. I guess most Christians better be glad they were born in the right place. And secondly, if you are from one of those areas that practice a different religion, as soon as you're old enough to understand, you better hope somebody is around to teach you about Christianity right then and there. If not, it sucks for you if you die.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
January 13, 2012 04:57PM
Ok, so you read in a book that god healed the blind blah blah blah... I read in a book that a there were other deities before jesus... guess they are both correct. The hindu bible is factual too? Or only the xtian bible is "fact"?

Back to these amputees and miracles though... why haven't we seen any miracles of this magnitude since the ability to accurately document these things has come along? You talk about micro and macro evolution but what about micro and macro miracles. The bible is FULL of macro miracles but today we only "witness" micro miracles. All of which usually have a completely scientific explanation if we know or have the full story.

No one here has ever seen a REAL umm... "magic trick" for lack of a better term. Jesus walked on water, rose the dead blah blah blah... let's see some of that sh!t TODAY!

Look at modern history books... read a US history book about the battle at the Alamo... now go read a Mexican history book about that same battle.

He who controls the present controls the past. - Orwell.

January 13, 2012 05:31PM
This is pretty good!

[www.youtube.com]

January 13, 2012 10:06PM
entertaining thread..........that is all

[fullyloadeddiscgolf.com]
January 15, 2012 11:17PM
Gilligan Wrote:
> No one here has ever seen a REAL umm... "magic
> trick" for lack of a better term. Jesus walked on
> water, rose the dead blah blah blah... let's see
> some of that sh!t TODAY!

Interesting thread indeed. The reason we don't see them today is Jesus is not here on earth. If Jeaus were here, in the flesh, we could then see his miracles.

I have an interesting thought for non-believers. What if you live for God your whole life? Death comes upon you and you are simply dead. No heaven or hell, just dead because there was no God. You would have gained nothing, or lost anything. However, life would have had a purpose though because you made it a point to stay faithful to something. On the contrary, imagine you not believing in God your entire life. What if God is real? Hell is where you would be.

I think a good question for all is this: Is God worth living for? There is a lot of gain from life lived for Him. Just a little a my opinion on the situation.
January 16, 2012 12:25AM
Well, 10% that is one thing you could be out of depending on the denomination.

LOTS of time wasted if you are wrong.

If I am wrong... well, two options.

Either "god" is the merciful god that all you guys claim he is and then I would think he would understand my skepticism and look at the content of my life and that would be good enough for him.

Or, "god" is an egotistical prick and you have to bow down and worship him weekly. If that's the case and he's responsible for half of the atrocities that he's accredited to in the bible then I really don't want to even meet his @ss.

Live your life in hopes to make a difference in the world and your fellow man and you don't need to worry about a egotistical floating bearded guy in the sky.

January 16, 2012 11:59AM
A lot of time wasted? Hmmm...By living my life for God over the passed 8 years, I have seen people change through my witness to them. I have had friends who were alchoholics, drug addicts, and slept with everyone they met. Because of the bible and what God is about, they changed that lifestyle. Make a difference you say? I believe that is a difference. Much better has come of my life since I became a Christian. If I die and God isn't real, I made a difference and it would not be time wasted. I can promise you this, I make a much better positive difference in peoples life being a true believer and follower of Christ than I did when I wasn't.

Why must you have skepticism in Christ but not in evolutipn? I see people believe in Christ than evolution. What true evolution has anyone on earth witnessed? None. Adaptation, yes but I have never seen a monkey convert to man, or a swimming fish turn into a walking reptile. I have much more ease believing in a man, Jesus, who there is evidence he walked on earth, than se crazy mutations.

That is just my opinion. I pray everyone whoe doesn't believe will one day turn to Christ.
January 16, 2012 12:15PM
Not a knock against anyone...there are very good people who do great things, who do not believe in your GOD. Being a follower, doesn't make you a great leader, under any terms.

PS...explain giraffes..in real terms not made up crap. They are not from adaptation...
January 16, 2012 12:17PM
PS..carbon dating outweighs anything that is written by man (based on memory and his assessment if it is real).
January 16, 2012 12:42PM
Cody... I am extremely glad for you and proud of you for making a difference in the world. I simply don't need a ghost story to accomplish the same task nor do many of my friends. If you need "jesus" to make those changes then go with that. I don't simple as that.

As far as evolution, you mention fish growing legs... well, what about the lizards with no legs? You asked for it, now please don't try and denounce it.

Time wise... well, I went to catholic school and I spent an hour a day on religion (sans Saturdays)... so that is 6*52 = 312 hours a year or 13 DAYS of my life essentially wasted EACH year. Granted, it taught me all the great hypocrisy that allows me to have this debate/discussion with you which has it's entertainment value... but I'd trade all those days back in, in a heart beat and use them for something much better than learning self hate and shame.

How about the simple fact that I can laugh at someone's folly or admire a beautiful woman's body without the fear that there will be some silly repercussion further down the road from some almighty being that apparently doesn't have anything better to do. I can remember in the past when something unfortunate would happen to me... I lose something or whatever... I can remember thinking, "oh, that's payback for X"... how silly is that.

I would imagine that when push comes to shove we live our life EXTREMELY similar when it counts... hell... I might make better calls at times and I'm sure vice versa. You don't need god to have morals or do the right thing.

January 16, 2012 12:51PM
"You don't need god to have morals or do the right thing."

BAM! - The theme of atheism... I can't agree more.

The other side to that is that some people really do need a god to direct them. I'm not saying either is the "right" way to live, but people still have freedom of choice and that choice shouldn't be judged. To have religion in your life or not is a choice. I believe we can still live in harmony no matter which way we decide to live. Let's try that, shall we?
January 16, 2012 01:00PM
foolsarewe Wrote:
> To have religion in your life or not is a choice.

I agree 100%. It was Eve's choice to eat from the tree, not forced upon her. To I believe you should follow God, yes I do. Do I believe everyone will? I hope but am not completely sure. I choose to believe in God, the Bible, and have faith I am correct.
January 16, 2012 10:37PM
I know several people who are very big Christians. They go to church three times a week at minimum. Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, sometimes more. They also go to church on the religious holidays like Christmas and Easter. They go on missions to spread the word of God. They pray before each meal, before they go to bed, before sporting events, etc. Religion takes up an enormous amount of their time.

Now imagine them doing these things over and over each year for their entire lives. If they die and it turns out there is no God, you're telling me that even though the most important aspect of their lives turned out to be false, they wouldn't have lost anything? All of that time spent worshiping and praying for something that doesn't exist, and it wasn't a waste?

So you've got two choices. Live for God, but know that you have wasted your mortal life if it turns out that he doesn't exist. Or don't believe in God, and realize that you could spend your eternal life in hell for doing so. Either way, you shouldn't make your decision based on those two things. Make it based on faith or based on reason, but not on fear.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
January 16, 2012 11:13PM
You are exactly right contrast. You should not live a life based on fear. I do not preach on fear, but I do ask those 2 questions I did in my initial post in the thread. I do not want people to look at Christianity and becoming a believer as fire insurance. "I am getting saved so I don't go to hell". I want people to become Christians and believe in God so they may have eternal life. I just think the way I explained in my initial post is a good way to look at it for people who may be confused about God.
January 16, 2012 11:33PM
So why can't us "non-believers" be left alone. We are living our lives just as righteous as most of you in this discussion and usually WAY more so than the majority of "xtians" in the world.

January 17, 2012 07:14AM
Why can "believers" not be left alone?
January 17, 2012 10:07AM
I really need to book mark this so I stop having to google it every time.

January 17, 2012 10:10AM
"Either "god" is the merciful god that all you guys claim he is and then I would think he would understand my skepticism and look at the content of my life and that would be good enough for him." - Gilligan

Gilligan, I can understand from your past of getting "RELIGION" thrown at you everyday for an hour at your school, and how it made you detest it for some reason. Jesus never intended to create a "RELIGION" called Christianity, RELIGION is man's attempt to reach and understand God. What Jesus intended was to reach down to man and restore a relationship that we severed through our sin and rebellion to God. You have not experienced who Jesus is and what the Bible is really about. Seems like you can't even write the word Christ "Savior" so much hatred towards God.

According to the Bible you can have eternal life or experience the life God has for you here and now unless you
1) Believe that there is a God who created you and actually loves you and has purpose for your life
2) Ask God to forgive you of your sins
3) Ask Jesus to come and live inside your heart.

Jesus said in John 14:6 Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Matthew 10:32-33 32 Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 10:13AM by jamesireland.
January 17, 2012 10:12AM
Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faithand this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

So those verses and there are plenty of other ones say that Jesus is the only way, not everyone will be in Heaven, you have to put your faith and give your life to Jesus Christ to have eternal life and to live a life pleasing to God
Galatians 5:19-25
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

No matter how much you hate, detest, not believe in God, He still loves you and wants to give you His life, to which there is no comparison.
We will all meet our maker..
Romans 14:11 It is written: As surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before me, every tongue will acknowledge God.

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 10:14AM by jamesireland.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013