Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Favorite Bible Passages

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Favorite Bible Passages
January 17, 2012 10:34AM
Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

A few interesting points to ponder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 10:35AM by wayneacree.
January 17, 2012 10:37AM
Hypocrisy of Marital Relationships: So many Christians try to rationalize this but it is clear that a true follower of Jesus can neither divorce someone nor marry someone who is divorced. There is an exception to the rule, however. If spouse commits adultery, divorce is permissible. On the same token, the Bible also says that anyone who obtains a divorce and marries another is in adulterer. Remember that 80% of this country is Christian yet we have a 50% divorce rate. A majority of divorces are a result of irreconcilable differences, not adultery, which implies that Christians are again practicing selective morality. How many Christians are working on a second, third or fourth marriage?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 10:40AM by wayneacree.
January 17, 2012 11:09AM
Jamie... first off... I don't have a hatred toward "god" or any other imaginary being. I do not particularly like ANY basis for hatred against fellow men. I don't care if it comes from a book or some kook like Sean Hannity. Anyone who is looking to pit one against another is not doing the right thing for our society. Xtianity is an example of that. Speaking of "Xtianity"... there are several reasons why I remove the "christ" from it (gasp, I just typed it). One, most people that claim to be xtians don't follow even a tiny FRACTION of what he was said to be teaching. So if you are to be "christian" you would need to be "christ like"... these people are FAR from that. I won't call them that either. Two, it's much shorter. Three, half the time I'm just using it as a generic term that isn't even meant to be inclusive. Four... it does humor me that it bothers you guys so much. :) (But that is only a small part).

In reality, I had given up on organized religion WAY before I came an atheist, and while I was still in school. I saw the hypocrisy and thought of it a lot like you just said "man's made up way to make sense of things and push people around with THEIR rules". I was actually 19 when I realized I didn't believe in the fairytale any longer. I graduated HS at 17 and in fact went to a public school for my senior year... so I hadn't had religion pushed on me in about 3 years at that point. It came from lots of reading and reflection on what I thought about the evidence presented so far in this world. The quest to understand the universe continues as it does for most of us... but we have ZERO illusion that we will ever know all the answers. But that is perfectly ok with us. We are satisfied to say "we don't know" or "maybe it (the universe) was always around in one shape or another". I don't know and personally I don't really care other than for curiosity sake... It won't change one bit who I am or what I do. In fact being a religious person would change and didn't change who I was or what I did... just had lots more guilt for simply being a human back then.

------

Now, let's cover something you just said...

RELIGION is man's attempt to reach and understand God.

Then you talked about my hatred (addressed above) and then made a small attempt to "save me" with this:

According to the Bible you can have eternal life or experience the life God has for you here and now unless you <snipped the rubbish>

Don't you see the contradiction there?

Religion is man made, yet the bible is "fact".

Isn't the bible just another attempt at "understanding god"? And therefor most likely has a LOT of "what he wants" wrong?

If you believe that your god is a merciful and loving god then you have to denounce most of the horrible things (some of that Wayne just mentioned) that are in the bible... and lets face it.. the old testament has a LOT of it. So if we can denounce the hateful things that god did... flooding EVERYTHING in the world except for one incestuous drunkard is a good example... if we denounce that as a "man made lesson" or maybe man trying to understand such a natural disaster such as Katrina and why god would allow this to happen. Then should we also take the whole "you have to believe in the boogieman if you want to make it to heaven" part?

Should the overall theme and message that god wants us to hear is "love your neighbor" and "do unto others..."? You know, the good loving and merciful bits. I know if I were to devote my entire life to worshiping some super power then I would want one that is all about love and peace and not death and destruction.

Let's face it, man throughout history has used religion and certainly xtianity for it's own selfish cause. Hitler thought he was doing god's work, he was an xtian. The crusades were done in the name of god... hell, even Bush Jr. "prayed about" the war in Iraq and thought that god wanted him to do it (possibly one of the stupidest things to say on national television at that point).

So, we go back to when the bible was written and you find a bunch of MEN trying to maintain control and power... then you read what is in the book (only what the men of Constantine's era actually included) and you find a bunch of ways to keep women oppressed and anyone that was essentially "different" than those that were in power.

I'll end this with this great quote:
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
-Napoleon Bonaparte-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 17, 2012 11:59AM
Wanna know what's funny about your comic? People who speak out against Christians are doing the same you are saying I am. Can't have it both way Gilligan. The nature of this thread is downing Christians, not atheists or non believers. So before you say, leave us non believers alone, you may want to reread your posts that are speaking against believers. Talk about hypocrisy.
January 17, 2012 11:59AM
Gilligan, my name is James not Jamie.... I actually do appreciate you giving your reason for your beliefs,
I could never save someone as you would put it, only God can save you.

It just seems to me that you have a detest at minimum for God just from what you are saying, and that RELIGION
just further made you detest Him even further.

The bible according to 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training
in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Believe it or not, our nation was founded on principles from the Bible, just look on a coin or dollar bill In God We Trust.
The Bible has been around for thousands of years.. it teaches lessons that apply to our life today, and it is also a historically accurate document about ancient history, archaeology backs up the biblical account. Non-believer historians such as Cornelius Tacitus (AD 55-120), Flavius Josephus (AD 35-100) are a couple of examples that support biblical accounts. Prophecies from before Jesus time were fulfilled to the very word.

Again I don't claim to fully understand God and His ways, but as I mentioned He is Love, He is also Justice... God wiped away people
in the Old Testament because of their great sin, just as the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, God is the same yesterday today and forever, God has given us a CHOICE to either choose Him or choose eternity WITHOUT Him, everyone has the choice, whether you are born in the tribe of the Sentilese or born in America...

Romans 1:19-22 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, SO THAT PEOPLE ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.

Yes throughout the Bible there are broken people whom God used... There was only one perfect person who has ever walked this planet (Jesus Christ). God used prostitutes (Rahab), liars, drunkards (Noah), murderers (Paul), tax collectors (These people were hated and despised in the Roman culture (Matthew), slaves (Joseph) etc, etc, etc, God worked through people to accomplish His perfect plans and His will for His glory. Again, we live in a broken world because of our sin... God said He will destroy this earth, and create a new heaven and a new earth...

Again you mention if God is supposed to be loving only and nothing bad ever happens... God is Sovereign... Yes He loves, but he also HATES Sin. God loves you so much that He sent His Son to die for YOU... That's how much He loves, but He also has given us a choice to spend eternity with Him or without Him..

Hitler was not a Christian... although he mentioned Christianity in his writings. He declared Nazism the state religion and the Bible was replaced by Mein Kampf. For one he murdered God's chosen people (Jews) so I wouldn't exactly put him on God's side... I definitely agree with you that man has used RELIGION for their own selfish cause, but true Christianity is unselfish to the core, it's all about others.

I know we could go on and on, and again I appreciate your honest opinions, and I know you have at least taken time in your life to look at the Bible and choose to believe in it and the God of the Bible or not... most people won't even give it a chance. I would like to say that if God is real that He would reveal Himself to you...

James Ireland
They're always after me lucky bag tag!
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 12:02PM by jamesireland.
January 17, 2012 12:21PM
Cody... George Bush Sr. said (several times) that he doesn't think Atheist should even be considered citizens.

I'm pretty sure Atheist are "under attack" more than xtians are. We don't even claim that we are "under attack" but even when people claimed that those that said people wearing the Tim Tebow Jersey number with "JESUS" on the top instead of "Tebow" were blaspheming a priest said "this is an attack on xtianity"... no, it's actually more in-line with jesus's teachings than most people... pretty sure he wouldn't have wanted to be used as a t-shirt design to make money off of.

Xtians basically "rule" the world. Look at our current president, he had to lie and say he was an xtian to get elected (no, I don't think he is a secret muslim, I think he is agnostic or an atheist actually). Hell, Romney has been "attacked" for not being an xtian several times by obviously VERY uninformed people. The "xtianity is under attack" card is played SOOO often it's ridiculous.

This thread IS a good example. All we were doing was quoting the bible and it was claimed as "blasphemy". Why is quoting the bible blasphemy? Because those are the parts of the bible you rather forget? I mean, they are "the word of god" right?

Our countries Pledge of Allegiance was changed, our money was changed... NOT the other way around. When we ask to have our money and our pledge put back we are "attacking xtianity"... hell, you guys call for boycotts of Pepsi when they get patriotic and put the pledge on their can because they leave off the part that was ADDED in 1954 (over 50 years after it was originally written). The author's daughter actually said that he would NOT have wanted it that way and purposefully did not include such language. Including such language is COMPLETELY unpatriotic and unamerican.

I find it most comical that xtians (who are about 76% of the US's population) claim that they are under attack from the ~20% of atheist/agnostics. Never has the story of David and Goliath been so mistold.

January 17, 2012 12:28PM
James... sorry about he mixup in names... I quickly looked at your screen name as I scrolled down and my dyslexic brain just smashed together all the i's and e's.

As I just stated in my reply to Cody... I wouldn't say that this country was "FOUNDED" as an xtian nation because of some silly little lines in the pledge... because those were added WAY after our country was founded. This isn't a chicken and egg situation... it's pretty cut and dry. As far as on money, it was on coins as far back as 1864... but that is still VERY far from when we "FOUNDED" this country.

One could VERY well argue that the opposite is quite true... let's look at the Treaty with Tripoly that was signed in 1796 (obviously some time before those catch phrases got put on the money)... it says "The United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion"... This treaty was written under the presidency of George Washington and signed under the presidency of John Adams.

I believe that is what we called DEBUNKED and there really is no need to continue any other discussion of whether or not this country was founded as an xtian country.

January 17, 2012 12:36PM
Anyone have the guts to reply to my posts? Thought not. Wanna be christians(not true christians) are what is wrong with this country today....PERIOD.
Do you know any divorced wannabe's? Gingrich is one prime example of a wannabe liar.....What about pushing beliefs onto people who don't believe what you do? That is being a BULLY. I have never pushed my beliefs onto anyone, but yet, I am constantly bombarded by people wanting to push their illegal and immoral agenda on me. What about the real principle's of this country? People keep spouting this mistruth of freedom of religion, as it is really freedom from religious persecution. Practice what you want, but keep it out of politics, and out of my life. I have my own beliefs, and don't care to hear yours. Just like some people do not care to hear mine, which is why I keep it to myself.
January 17, 2012 12:43PM
Actually, the morals of this country should not olay be freedom of religion, but getting out of debt, keeping good relations with other countries, among many other things. So are you saying The President of our own U.S. is a bully? Because by your standards, he is! Are you saying people who speak out for atheism or Hinduism or any other religion are bully's, because again, by your standards they are. I simply got on this thread, and voiced my opinion. So your post about the ten signs you are a fundamental Christian being a bully towards Christians? It is funny how it can't work both ways. I believe in one and only one God, you don't. But I forgot, it is ok for you to voice that opinion and no one supposed to argue, but when I say I believe in God I am a Bully. Please.
January 17, 2012 12:52PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 12:52PM by DZNUTZ.
January 17, 2012 12:54PM
Cody, you do not know anything about me....your speculation and accusations are on par for most christians, as that is what they usually do.
You should restudy history, FREEDOM FROM RELIGION.....ie..religion shall not rule the country. Why did our forefathers come to America? I am not persecuting, by bringing things(truths) to the forefront. I don't give a crap what you believe in, just keep it to yourself, as the old saying states that those who boast, have the most to hide.

Our president is not a bully, and I also believe that he is agnostic. Do some studying on the history of religion if you want to have an intelligent conversation with people about said subject, so you can retort with specifics rather than opinions.

Wayne Acree...
January 17, 2012 01:00PM
I agree... Wayne is being a hypocrite, but then again, he constantly is. :p I do agree with everything he posted and find lots of those stats funny and very true and telling. Especially the bit about spending your life looking for loopholes in science but that bible is undeniably factual... well, because it says so. (Circular logic).

I read an interesting quote today.

It is now quite lawful for a Catholic woman to avoid pregnancy by a resort to mathematics, though she is still forbidden to resort to physics or chemistry.
H. L. Mencken

Technically if I remember correctly the act of sex is ONLY supposed to be used when it can bring about a child. Meaning, you should only be having sex to procreate. By that logic you should ONLY be having sex when it's possible to get pregnant and one should be using the rhythm method completely the OPPOSITE way that it is taught today.

January 17, 2012 01:01PM
Wayne
I don't give a crap what you believe in, just keep it to yourself

By this token, shouldn't you be keeping your beliefs to yourself?

Honestly this was a rather healthy debate/discussion but you get bent WAY too easily for it to continue that way.

January 17, 2012 01:09PM
I am just expressing generalizations to show falsehoods in some religions. I have not and am not discussing my personal beliefs. I am not trying to be a hypocrite, just calling BS on ridiculous nontruths that are presented by the religious right.
PS...I am not bent or aggravated, I just call it like I see it. I was exposed to some of the same things that you were Kevin, and because of that exposure, it has opened my eyes to many things that are preached as truths, but in reality are complete lies and manipulation of reality.

Have a great day..peeps!
January 17, 2012 01:17PM
Sure, and by that token, I would bet that these guys (Cody and James) would say that they are doing the same... at least in their own opinion.

You have to learn to respect that as much as it is THEIR opinion like yours is YOURS.

January 17, 2012 01:18PM
The real hypocrite...

Deen confirmed, "I was diagnosed three years ago during a regular physical exam with my doctor, that I had type 2 diabetes. I am here today to let the world know that it is not a death sentence. I am working with a very reputable pharmaceutical company. I'm working on a new program called 'Diabetes in a New Light.' You can go to our website. I'm going to be there for you and help you manage every day of your life with this, because it can be done."

The chef, who has come under fire in recent years for the unhealthy nature of many of her recipes, also announced that she is working as a paid spokesperson for the drug company Novo Nordisk, which manufactures Victoza - an injectable, non-insulin drug used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
January 17, 2012 01:20PM
I understand to keep it to yourself, but the very things you said were the very things you were doing. I'm not pushing my religion on anyone and have not boasted. Study religion you say? Did I say religion should rule a country? Won't find that in my posts's anywhere. I do believe our president is a bully, pushing healthcare and taxes on us that we did not vote for. We as a people did not put those into play, just a number of people, including out president. You sir know nothing about me. I posted on this thread stating my opinion on being a believer in Christ. I am not a person of a certain religion, I believe in Christ, believe he died for my sins and rose again on the third day. I believe in eternal life with Him in heaven only after one has accepted him into his/her life. Call me a hypocrite, but my posts have been nothing of the sort, and my beliefs are nothing of the sort.
January 17, 2012 01:32PM
There is nothing wrong with believing Cody....

As far as the President goes, your votes elect the President beforehand(in reality popular votes are really just to make voters feel better). Electoral votes count, and the people that the voters elected previously are the ones that chose the President. If you didn't have insurance, and couldn't get it (because of previous cancer etc...) you would not be so quick to judge a man that is trying to do the right/christian thing.....help those in need.
I worked in hospitals for over 18 years, and have seen people die from not getting the heathcare that they need(denied by insurance companies).
Hmmm interesting concept..helping those that can't help themelves. Sounds like a great way to get on GOD's good side, helping those in need, just like Jesus did.
January 17, 2012 02:13PM
Gilligan.. what about the Pilgrims remember those guys.
Yes I know the words "under God" was added in the pledge in 1954.
Here is a good website for you: [www.forerunner.com]

While not everyone who signed the declaration was a devout Christian, most were:

[www.adherents.com]

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 02:14PM by jamesireland.
January 17, 2012 02:14PM
Help those in need? You must not have read the healthcare bill I read. As for me, I did not vote for our president as I was underage, but I was against and everyone else who ran except Ron Paul. I know there is nothing wrong with believing. I was just simply saying that the same things you were accusing me of doing, you were doing the same. I love having conversations with people about my faith, and have no problem with you stating your opinions. My problem was you called me a hypocrite when you were being a hypocrite. I still cannot find a post of mine where I was boasting or being hypocritical as you said I was.
January 17, 2012 02:36PM
Wayne is correct about some aspects of that health care bill. I have a friend that has a job with insurance. He got throat cancer (non-smoker) and on the way to MD Anderson in Houston for a scheduled treatment he was called by the hospital to be told all of his appointments were canceled because his insurance company dropped him.

All that jazz about forcing people to get insured is ridiculous... but plain and simple health care needs to be reformed. Just like the Consumer Protection Bill... lots of good stuff in there that I have already seen on my bills that will help the undereducated understand their bills better. But I'm certain there is some dumb stuff in there I would disagree with.

Bush did one worse than the Healthcare bill... he did the Patriot act in a VERY similar late night last minute session. Healthcare bill may seem unconstitutional when people want to complain but the Patriot Act straight takes away people's rights, freedom and liberties. Granted Obama is passing some similar trash right now also. Bush also signed TARP which 80% of the people rejected but he also used TARP to fund the auto bail out when congress said "ENOUGH!".

Like the Judge says, we don't have a two party system, it's a one party system with a left wing and a right wing, both essentially want the same thing.

But every president we have had is a bully.

And as far as "we elect them"... well, I guess... but we haven't had but 2 or 3 up there on capital hill that are up there LISTENING to us.

January 17, 2012 02:45PM
Cody, Jesus hung out with the undesirables...Did you not know that? Do you really understand the bill? If you did, you wouldn't argue the point. If you saw people die(some in my arms) your attitude would be different..alas, you are too young to really know life and death. What if your mother or father was dying, and was denied coverage by their employer? Hell, what if you were diagnosed with a deadly disease and denied coverage...and couldn't afford the down payment to get healthcare to stay alive? What if you broke your ankle playing golf..and couldn't get it fixed correctly? Happens ALL THE TIME in this great free country...free to live, and free to die without help.

Have you ever done things to help the poor? Have you ever worked a soup kitchen? Have you ever fostered homeless animals? Have you ever gone to the salvation army tree(CHristmas) and given a kid the a Christmas that they will never forget? Have you ever bought a begger food and not told anyone?

That is what being a christian is about, helping others...not bragging about how people are christians and will not give their time and money to help those that get in their way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 02:47PM by wayneacree.
January 17, 2012 02:54PM
James, you are correct the pilgrims were xtians.

BUT, our country wasn't founded by them. It was founded after a dedicated group decided to REBEL against those that were in charge "back home". Which btw, by that time were not even the same people who sent ol Chris over here to start with.

Again, why are we discussing this... it was written in BLACK and WHITE in the treaty with Tripoli that we WERE NOT FOUNDED ON CHRISTIANITY. That treaty was written and signed by the actual founders/framers of the country.

This is where things get a little intolerant from your side by my perspective. Why can't you just worship all you want and accept that your way wasn't always THE way. Our founding fathers also had slaves... should we continue in this practice?

End of the day we have the Treaty with Tripoli and no need to "speculate" on what they MIGHT have intended based on some obscure "traditional" wording of the day.

----
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi-

^^ That guy knew a thing or two... just saying.

January 17, 2012 03:12PM
The treaty of Tripoli article 11 Noted rather quietly is the point that the Treaty of Tripoli "remained on the books for eight years, at which time the treaty was renegotiated, and Article 11 was dropped."[www.tektonics.org]...

My point is that the people who founded our country while not all Christians, our country is still based on Christian values... Ten Commandments etc... not science, not hinduism, not muslim beliefs etc... they are based on Biblical foundations...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. . . .4
Though many other changes were made in the rest of the document, Congress accepted those lines for the finished Declaration

James Ireland
[www.ecdgc.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 03:13PM by jamesireland.
January 17, 2012 03:18PM
And to this day a president still can't be elected unless he pretends to be a xtian.

That guy could be Gandhi himself and it wouldn't matter because he doesn't believe in fairytales.

Here is a news flash, I "TECHNICALLY" have "christian" values.

I agree with the teachings of Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi and many others. Though I am not a Buddhist, hindu nor a xtian. Jesus was just a man (if he indeed actually existed), no different than any of those other guys. They all had good ideas on how one should live their lives. I agree with most of their teachings.

Like Gandhi essentially said and Wayne is saying but not quite as elegantly... most xtians don't seem to. How many "xtians" do you know REALLY don't care about the poor and homeless? They rather take the stance of "I will help those that help themselves"... though noble, not the way Jesus did it.

Your boy RP, though I would like to see him have a hand at being president... preaches a VERY different tune than Jesus did.

January 17, 2012 03:21PM
Wayne, I have done all of those things. Along side being an avid volunteer with boys and girls clubs of north mississippi, I have helped on the coast when hurricane Katrina came though, help fund a food pantry on Waveland, MS, spent time at St. Jude, and helped many people in need. See people die? Considering the fact I am a volunteer firefighter, I have seen many people die, some of which in my arms as well. Your last comet, never said I did that and none of my comments portrayed that. I hate to burst your bubble Wayne, but you may clump Christians together as hypocrites, but I live my life trying be like Christ, not other Christians. You should get on YouTube and watch the video "I hate religion but love Jesus" and that is me. You have me confused with other "Christians" who think going to church and doing good deeds gets them to heaven but that's not me man. So before you say I don't do any of those things and try to tell me what a Christian should be, you should know more about me.
January 17, 2012 03:26PM
And Gilligan, I don't necessarily like everything Ron Paul stands for, I just want someone who is not a republican or democrat have a chance. That is what is wrong with our country, besides the trillions of dollars of debt, is that people are too worried about voting for a certain party thy they lose sight of who and why the candidates are and about. I don't like Obama for what he is doing with our country, the same as I didn't like what Bush did with our country. If we as a country would take our mind of the donkeys and elephants but on the people running for those positions, we could truly get a good president.
January 17, 2012 03:30PM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wayne, I have done all of those things. Along side
> being an avid volunteer with boys and girls clubs
> of north mississippi, I have helped on the coast
> when hurricane Katrina came though, help fund a
> food pantry on Waveland, MS, spent time at St.
> Jude, and helped many people in need. See people
> die? Considering the fact I am a volunteer
> firefighter, I have seen many people die, some of
> which in my arms as well. Your last comet, never
> said I did that and none of my comments portrayed
> that. I hate to burst your bubble Wayne, but you
> may clump Christians together as hypocrites, but I
> live my life trying be like Christ, not other
> Christians. You should get on YouTube and watch
> the video "I hate religion but love Jesus" and
> that is me. You have me confused with other
> "Christians" who think going to church and doing
> good deeds gets them to heaven but that's not me
> man. So before you say I don't do any of those
> things and try to tell me what a Christian should
> be, you should know more about me.

Good post...and those things are nice to hear., as it take a good man to do good things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 03:31PM by wayneacree.
January 17, 2012 05:00PM
codyroberts18 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Gilligan, I don't necessarily like everything
> Ron Paul stands for, I just want someone who is
> not a republican or democrat have a chance. That
> is what is wrong with our country, besides the
> trillions of dollars of debt, is that people are
> too worried about voting for a certain party thy
> they lose sight of who and why the candidates are
> and about. I don't like Obama for what he is doing
> with our country, the same as I didn't like what
> Bush did with our country. If we as a country
> would take our mind of the donkeys and elephants
> but on the people running for those positions, we
> could truly get a good president.

Agreed... like I said, I also want to see the guy in there. I probably agree with him less than you do... but like you it's time for a change. (no Obama, I mean a REAL change! You say "Change" and that guy pops up every time.) ;)

I know you are too young but when I was a kid Ross Perot was the crazy 3rd party guy... I didn't know a lot back then (I was 15), but I knew what we had going on wasn't working... I kept begging my parents to vote for him... I said "let the crazy guy have a turn, how much worse can it be?!"

That's basically my take on RP (hmm, same initials)... Let the crazy guy have a run at it. Honestly I know he can't do most of what he WANTS to do so I figure what he actually CAN do will right a lot of the wrong direction that we are headed as a country. What he can't do, well that's just the crazy stuff he shouldn't do anyway. ;)

*edit*, oh cr@p... I just saw Stafford is online... we are in a religious thread talking about RP... he's certain to chime in. Hi Stafford. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 05:01PM by Gilligan.
January 18, 2012 10:26AM
Think gilly got James mixed up with me when I chimed in with entertaining thread.

This thread reminds me of the old saying...There's three sides to every story--your side, my side, and the truth

[fullyloadeddiscgolf.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013