Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Anonymous User
Re: Favorite Bible Passages
June 30, 2011 10:46AM
So what's your favorite passage from the Bible then Lunch?
June 30, 2011 10:50AM
I understand your points, but I think you used poor examples. Diseases exist. We have proof of them. Things that scientists believe in are considered theories. They don't place all of their trust in theories as one would place his trust in God. As for the scenario that God doesn't exist, religion wouldn't be needed. It would be useless. Religion isn't required for people to be good. One can have morals without following a religion.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 10:52AM by contrast.
Anonymous User
June 30, 2011 11:21AM
Josh, great post.

This thread doesn't belong in this section, or on this forum all together. We shouldn't have some moron (Bluff) on here questioning our faith. This is a disc golf forum to find out information on tournaments or discuss disc golf related topics. If I had admin access this thread would of been gone long ago.

Can one of our great admins, Leslie or Kevin please trash this thread. Thank you.
Anonymous User
June 30, 2011 11:29AM
So the BOD wants me to find Jesus but calls me a moron when I try. A fellow just can't win with this bunch.
June 30, 2011 11:34AM
I happen to agree that you don't have to be religious to be a good person. Curious where you think that inherent "good" moral code comes from. Many (to say most) species in the animal kingdom don't exhibit those traits. We seem to have it genetically, even the worst of men still feels some remorse for certain things. Where does that come from?

Another curious phenomenon with humans, why do we seem to express the same general story in our artistic expression? Most movies/songs start with someone being done wrong(broad sense of the term to range from bad relationships to true cruelty) and there being a "hero" that comes in and makes everything better. Why is it we see that general theme in some of the most profoundly "non-Christian" art as well as "Christian" art? Why do we always need a hero? rescuer?

Just some thoughts to ponder.

I too think this thread needs to be moved immediately.
June 30, 2011 11:58AM
ACID!!!!! SCUMBAG STEVE FTW!!!!!!!
Anonymous User
June 30, 2011 12:36PM
Is that from the book of Malachi perhaps? I can't seem to find it in my Bible.
June 30, 2011 01:02PM
Lol. Yes Scumbag Steve is great. HAHAHHA
June 30, 2011 01:56PM
AmoryBulldog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I happen to agree that you don't have to be
> religious to be a good person. Curious where you
> think that inherent "good" moral code comes from.
> Many (to say most) species in the animal kingdom
> don't exhibit those traits. We seem to have it
> genetically, even the worst of men still feels
> some remorse for certain things. Where does that
> come from?
>
> Another curious phenomenon with humans, why do we
> seem to express the same general story in our
> artistic expression? Most movies/songs start with
> someone being done wrong(broad sense of the term
> to range from bad relationships to true cruelty)
> and there being a "hero" that comes in and makes
> everything better. Why is it we see that general
> theme in some of the most profoundly
> "non-Christian" art as well as "Christian" art?
> Why do we always need a hero? rescuer?
>
> Just some thoughts to ponder.
>
> I too think this thread needs to be moved
> immediately.

The reason is very simple. Because we don't know. Period. For ages people have tried to find the reason why we are here, what our purpose is on this earth, where we will go after we die; all very viable questions. It's why we have so many different "religions" in the world, because someone had a great idea and they got people to believe and follow their beliefs. Christianity is just another way to explain why we are here. its really no different from other religions, in principle. of course the exact beliefs differ, but nothing is different at the core.

so, now that that is out of the way...

There is an easy way to fix this, and thats create a seperate General Disc Golf section. "General Discussion" by name alone is just asking for trouble, and the few that take General Discussion as i can talk about or say anything take advantage of that. That way we can focus on the d.g. side of the SN and not the childish diatribe that is constantly put on here. Wayne, your a good guy, but you gotta stop goading Dillon. The best way to get back at a person you don't like is to ignore them. It solves your problem with having to have pithy arguements and makes them even madder bc you arent responding to there fodder. you know i got your back though.

Honestly, we shouldnt be constantly bickering with each other. I always hear we gotta do this or that to bring respect to the "series". Well, how about instead of talking about it somebody do something about it. how about we get a proactive BOD that doesnt waste there time monitoring a site that shouldnt need monitoring. How bout we dual-sanction more tournaments.
How about we go after those big time sponsers so we can add more money to tournaments and attract those big names in golf. We are slowly destroying ourselves from within.

So just ask yourself: am i helping or hurting? remember...

KARMA ALWAYS COMES BACK AROUND
Dex
June 30, 2011 02:26PM
All I know is that Dex will be paying some serious homage at a course near by

and Lord I hate to say it

the course is a Beast

Be hollering at you Rooster
Dex
June 30, 2011 02:44PM
Only God and you (your conscience) know what is right and what is wrong! It is up to the individual to make the decision what is good or bad. God truly has no control over your decision making process, his being is only a catalyst to the path of self righteousness!

BOOM! pdga# 41853
June 30, 2011 02:49PM
Most criminals have no remorse! Please tell you still think other wise Amory B!?

BOOM! pdga# 41853
BUD
June 30, 2011 02:52PM
I don't know... I know some VERY self-rightous people who don't know God or Jesus or Budda or Yehweh... this debate has been going on since the stone age. Let's leave everyone's personal beliefs be and focus on disc golf for a while - please. bud5996
June 30, 2011 02:58PM
Hey mr.protocol..how bout getn off your lazy rearend and doin your f'n job.why is this jackball thread by mr.douchebag himself allowed to continue being on display of the front page of this mighty fine website.
June 30, 2011 04:25PM
Frotoe,

Religion is definitely the path to self-righteousness!
June 30, 2011 07:43PM
Dillon
This thread doesn't belong in this section, or on this forum all together.

But bickering with Wayne over personal drama is perfectly acceptable for the general discussion. Goose, meet gander.

Amory B.
Many (to say most) species in the animal kingdom don't exhibit those traits.

Well, we don't RECOGNIZE it... doesn't meant it doesn't exist (hmm, where have I heard that before). I had a dog that was found pulling kittens out of their little "nest" in some ivy along a shed. We were like "what is he doing?!" So we go look and we find a large snake making it's way through the ivy. The dog was pulling the kittens into the middle of the yard to save their lives. Why would he do that? They weren't his off spring... we had plenty of outside cats so it's not like the momma cat and the dog were "close"... I'm not even certain we had that dog for very long at that point. Seems like compassion to me. (and I don't even LIKE dogs!)

Josh
When you have an overboard extreme force of religion, no, it is never good, but when you have a severe lack of it, you have no good either.

First part is OBVIOUSLY true.. history is FULL of examples. The second part is patently false. We have ZERO religion in our house and we live quite well together. We all love and respect each other and no one does anything because a lack of consequences from some bearded guy.

I'd DEFINITELY take this scenario to a larger extent... in fact I don't know a single atheist that is "evil" in nature or that would do anything to harm another because of a lack of consequences. Quite the opposite. Just about EVERY atheist you will ever meet will be a generally kind hearted person and usually holds themselves to a higher standard than most xtians do.

I live my life a lot like Jesus teaches.. not because HE taught it... but because it is common sense and basically a good guideline to go by. That's why eastern philosophies have "followed" his teachings WAY before he ever came along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 01, 2011 12:22AM
A person doesnt need religion to be good. A society does.

I have atheist friends that agree. I have Christian friends that agree. I guess we'll never know. But I wanted to stick up for what I believed in, and did. I have nothing more to say.
July 01, 2011 04:37AM
I wasn't trying to debate with you Josh.

Hell, you said a lot of things I disagreed with (most of your post actually), but you didn't want to debate it so I didn't. I just couldn't let that comment go without comment though.

Sending you a PM about a slightly different question.

July 01, 2011 09:12AM
LunchMoney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A person doesnt need religion to be good. A
> society does.

That doesn't add up Josh since society is made up of individuals. There are way older cultures that have been around way before Christianity. Agree with what?, that religion doesn't work for everyone!?

BOOM! pdga# 41853
July 04, 2011 12:47PM
Carefully remove your heads from your nether regions fools!
root of all evils = religion
Those who believe will never see it and those who don't will never understand why.
July 04, 2011 01:02PM
1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

2 Timothy 2:23

Don

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2011 01:46PM by hobbit489.
July 04, 2011 11:13PM
2 Timothy 2:23

Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels
July 06, 2011 09:41AM
nice Hobbit!

July 08, 2011 07:21PM
GOD ANSWERS KNEE MAIL.

BMB
July 08, 2011 09:22PM
^ That might be the gayest thing anyone has ever said on this forum site.
July 19, 2011 01:00PM
religous topics are always an argument....
July 19, 2011 08:28PM
So do hookers.
July 20, 2011 12:00PM
That's redundant Stafford. ;)

July 20, 2011 12:39PM
Jesus wept.

As a matter a fact, we all wept. LOL Funny topic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 12:43PM by Karen J..
July 20, 2011 01:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013