Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who Dat??????? Bush for Sproles

Posted by bryan griffin 
Who Dat??????? Bush for Sproles
August 01, 2011 01:22PM
Wow....would not have guessed THAT move.......what is NO thinking????

Lookout for "Favre II, the Sequel" .... viking fan....
Re: Who Dat??????? Bush for Sproles
August 01, 2011 01:47PM
griff they got a couple of draft picks also; i think they did the best thing for the team.
August 01, 2011 02:54PM
Worked out great in my opinion. Sproles is the same type back an can do all the things Bush was capable of doing. They've already upgraded the position anyway with Ingram coming in.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
August 02, 2011 09:02AM
Ingram and Bush (as your "bull") would've been a WAY better combo....imho...

You will find Sproles is quick BUT NOT SOLID.....who will force it in from the 4-6 yd line? I wouldn't want Ingram in there for that!

Can't agree on the "same style" comment either - fundamentally different attacking styles (crash v. slash)........should be interesting to re-visit this thread mid-year and see what has occurred.....Griff
August 02, 2011 11:48AM
we will!!!!
August 02, 2011 11:59AM
bryan griffin
You will find Sproles is quick BUT NOT SOLID.....who will force it in from the 4-6 yd line? I wouldn't want Ingram in there for that!

I'm confused. Are you saying that Reggie could force it in from the 4-6 yard line, but Ingram can't?

Overdrive Disc Golf
August 02, 2011 12:01PM
Pierre Thomas > Chris Ivory > Reggie Bush

Reggie Bush was a great player to have. (A little flashy) He's a great target in the flats, but when it came down to hard nosed running the football, I'd much rather have a Pierre Thomas or Chris Ivory.

I think the team has done well with their acquisitions and look forward to seeing Mark Ingram play in the NFL.

As for your Minnesota Vikings, it looking like the perfect place for old (washed up?) QB's to get their last few million$.

WHO DAT!! WHO DAT!! WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
August 02, 2011 12:24PM
I am saying Ingram is too valuable to use in a goal-line role.....he goes down your running attack will be next to nonexistant.....

Not saying Sproles can't carry the weight - he simply has failed to carry ENOUGH weight to bring his team all the way...

and yes, Massive, it IS Favre II the Sequel....I don't mind too much though - Berrian's back and the receiving corps is very capable...
Peterson will run as McNabb guns......looks great on paper anyway............DOH!

I don't necessarily like it, but we could've done much worse at starting QB than McNabbb......c'est la vie!

My shock was the Bush for Sproles thinking.......Miami just got better........
August 02, 2011 01:16PM
If the pattern continues, Ingram will be wearing a Dolphins uniform in a few years.

Ricky Williams: won Heisman, drafted by New Orleans, traded to Miami
Reggie Bush: won Heisman, drafted by New Orleans, traded to Miami
Mark Ingram: won Heisman, drafted by New Orleans...

Overdrive Disc Golf
August 03, 2011 11:58AM
I think the Saints did well in the Bush/Sproles transactions. It's obvious that Bush wanted out of New Orleans, as the Saints would likely have paid him what the Dolphins did. Bush wanted a chance to be the lead back (a role he probably won't get in Miami, either). Sproles will fill the Bush role and will do well. I enjoyed Reggie's time in New Orleans, and he's one of the main people who helped keep the team in New Orleans after Katrina and helped win the Super Bowl, but even good things must come to an end.

Griff, it concerns me that you are excited that Bernard Berrian is back. He's a complete load. Sidney Rice was a huge loss and, unless the Vikings get a good wide out in free agency (or by trade), their WR corps will be severely damaged. I offer my condolences in advance to you for the absolute train wreck that will be the Vikings' miserable 2011 season. We can revisit that prediction in mid-season, too. Who knows? I might have to eat my words.
August 03, 2011 01:50PM
Actually, Rob, you read right through my sarcasm.....
There is NO DOUBT we barfed up the Rice man - however, I am hopeful that they realized the hip was a bigger injury then at first it was made out to be - Kudos to him if he returns to form - but I'd bet he's too fragile for the NFL - a few across the middle and he'll be toast - if they catch him......

I think NO will remain a great team....and we'll see down the road what the future holds for the NFC....

Chicago is a darkhorse with the moves they made and heck, even AZ got better (a little bit!).....
Dex
August 03, 2011 01:59PM
I agree with Rob

Also Griff, I don't think at first it was a Sproles for Bush thing, but worked out that way. History has proven though, we (the Saints) actually won more games during the Bush era, when he did not play, kind of blows that decoy theory.

I am a big fan of Reggie and wish him well in Dolphin land, just not if they play us

I wonder how we got San Frans big player from them, I know it is about money, but maybe it is about WINNING TOO, like
Super Bowl!!!!!!

You know God loves the Saints

Dex
August 04, 2011 06:18PM
With the difference in pay, sproles is a much better option. Bush wasn't as good as the expectations were.

Terry Zeringue
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013