Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NCAA FOOTBALL 2011

Posted by blueboy 
Re: NCAA FOOTBALL 2011
November 08, 2011 10:37AM
LOL

November 08, 2011 10:51AM

November 08, 2011 11:45AM
Keith Bodin
If you can't win your conference you should not play for the NC.

Kind of like the St Louis Cardinals winning the World Series or the Green Bay Packers winning the Super Bowl? Neither of them won their division in the regular season. Why should it be any different in college football?

If Oklahoma St or Stanford remain undefeated (Boise doesn't count), then one of those teams should definitely play LSU for the title. However, if they lose and it's between a bunch of one-loss teams, then the best one-loss team should be the one to play for the national title, whether they won their conference or not. You could just consider them a wildcard like the Cardinals or Packers.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2011 11:46AM by contrast.
November 08, 2011 12:09PM
You analogy is way off base.

1. This is not professional sports.
2. There is no playoff in division 1 college football. Win and play for it all, lose and play for 3rd place.

November 09, 2011 10:47AM
You lost, dropped the preverbial ball, missed the field goal, did not catch the pass

You do not get a Mulligan for losing on your ''Home Field'', then sit back and watch another team play an extra hard game that is a Championship game

That my Friend is the nature of the BEAST, like the Tide rolling off the back of a Tiger, so bring on Boise State

Dex
November 09, 2011 12:52PM
Dex
You lost, dropped the preverbial ball, missed the field goal, did not catch the pass

I agree.

Dex
You do not get a Mulligan for losing on your ''Home Field'', then sit back and watch another team play an extra hard game that is a Championship game

I disagree. Several teams have lost a game and then went on to play for the national title. In fact, LSU lost two games and still won the title. Plus any time a Big 10 or PAC 10 team has played for the title, they've done so without playing in a conference championship game.

Dex
That my Friend is the nature of the BEAST, like the Tide rolling off the back of a Tiger, so bring on Boise State

I completely understand not wanting to play Alabama in a rematch. If we had won, I wouldn't want to play LSU in a rematch. However, what we want isn't always what happens. If Oklahoma State and Stanford both lose, there is a good chance that there will be a rematch. Boise State doesn't have the strength of schedule to stay ahead of all the one-loss BCS teams.

Overdrive Disc Golf
November 09, 2011 03:24PM
In the 90's there were a couple of rematches, I think Florida and FSU was one.

We will see how the rest of the season pans out. I just hope the SEC domination
in title games continues.....
November 15, 2011 09:14AM
a joke if Bama goes anyway. They lost so deal with your bowl game and win that for the SEC. Bama is my second team after AU. Still dont think it should happen. If it does they will lose again. Why would Bama fans want to lose again. Take a game you know you can win. Win the second biggest bowl be happy not bitter loosers

leo
November 15, 2011 04:06PM
I'm not a bitter loser, if anything I always keep a postive attitude. They beat us fair and
square, I don't deny that. And if there is any chance for a title game no matter how far
fetched I am pulling for that senario.

It is funny to see lsu fans pull the old "you lost a game it's over" when they lost TWO games
and won a title.

Don't ever give up! Gotta believe.....RTR!
November 16, 2011 11:18AM
I dont mind at all. You won't win. This will be much, much worse, so hope for the Sugar Bowl. The glorious LSU revolution will continue, and Rebs, Piggies nor Pre-chewed Gumps will stop our relentless march toward our mythical destiny. And you will sit back, and like it.

A better question would be - who's the Heisman frontrunner now? I think it's Luck's to lose.
November 16, 2011 03:30PM
I think Okla st QB is in the hunt now. Of course I am pulling for Trent, Bama
needs to win out and Trent avg about 120-150 a game to have a shot.

Oregons RB James is avg 150/game so is still in there as well. I think Luck
is there as well but the 20+ point loss to the quackers didn't help....
November 18, 2011 10:19PM
If Bama does get there They will lose again. Why would you want to play the same team and beat them again. I would hope OK ST would be what lsu fans would want. Beat top two teams then you are the champ.

LSU all the way. Another SEC title is what I want. Once we get mizz and a&m it will be much harder in the long term to run that gauntlet

leo otto
November 19, 2011 08:23AM
looks like the rematch Bama wants. Hop they dont lose twice. Bet they do

leo
November 19, 2011 10:56AM
I love the Auburn tie-ins to Alabama's BCSCG chances. Former Auburn coach gives Oklahoma it's one loss. Current Auburn coach's former school knocks Oklahoma State out, and unless the voters do something weird, Auburn is the only thing left standing in Alabama's way.

Overdrive Disc Golf
November 19, 2011 11:05AM
Careful what you wish for, Forrest. Ya never know whatcha gonna git.

UGA - 27
UK - 17

ARK - 34
MSU - 31

VANDY - 24
TENN - 21

Overlook Arkansas?!?! Are you kidding me. I would not miss one moment of that industrial strength rectal examination, just as I wouldn't miss a single snap of the Ole Miss beatdown tonight. The glorious LSU Revolution and accompanying AssWhipping Tour of the Southeastern Conference does not recognize the possibility of defeat. It's more about pimp-slapping our (makes air-jerk off motion) "traditional conference rivals" where they live, where we live and elsewhere enroute to national championship glory. You better get used to the idea, because all of you nut-gobbling yokels are going to take turns bending over and liking it.

If there is to be but one last national championship before the end comes next December, let it be an LSU BCS Championship. So good. So pure. A championship humanity can really go out on. Sluts.

LSU - 56
OLE - 3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2011 11:09AM by blueboy.
November 20, 2011 04:09PM
ROLL TIDE DEAL WITH IT SEE YOU IN NEW ORLEANS BABABABABAB SOME OF YOU GOT ON CLUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 21, 2011 07:30AM
It is looking like an all SEC bcs champ.......RTR!
jcb
November 21, 2011 08:48AM
See ya in January LSU. Roll Tide Roll!!!!!
Dex
November 21, 2011 03:14PM
Sounds like y'all are still stinging from that last ''Buttkicking'' from thr paws of the Tiger

Round 2 and L-S-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex
November 25, 2011 09:07AM
Today the day. Wooooooooooooo PIG Sooooooooooiiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 26, 2011 10:47AM
anhyzer-busch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Today the day. Wooooooooooooo PIG
> Sooooooooooiiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did that work out for you?!?!?! Classy coach ya'll have up there!!!!

November 26, 2011 02:00PM
Psyche!
November 26, 2011 02:57PM
roll tide...to the national championship!
November 28, 2011 09:43AM
Like the other pretenders, you have the foul stink of defeat upon you. You are not worthy, but I suppose one of you glorified sexdolls will have to suffice.
November 28, 2011 09:47AM
LSU got lucky once, Roll Tide.
November 28, 2011 07:26PM
I guess when they beat Bama worse it will be lucky also. Bama lost at home because their feild goal kicker sux. That has nothing to do with luck. Lack of skill is why they lost. If they get the rematch it will go different. LSWho will win by more

leo otto
November 28, 2011 08:04PM
It is called "FOOTBALL" 1/3 of the game is kicking!!!!!! Blame your coach for recruiting a good kicker.....1/3 offense, 1/3 defense, 1/3 kicking/special teams....... I sure hope Bama fans understand what 1/3 means...... It don't matter they will find an excuse for that tooooooooooooooo.

November 29, 2011 06:56AM
the kicker does suck. Bt, I do not think that bama will need a kicker this time.
November 29, 2011 07:37AM
I sure hope this next game doesn't come down to the kicking game because I think
we would be hurting. If it is over a 38 yarder I would go for it on fourth down.

I think both sides will score more points.......RTR!
November 30, 2011 06:04PM
dont think a feild goal will make a difference this time. Too many points will be scored by one or the other. I still think it will be LSWho

leo otto
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013