Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NCAA FOOTBALL 2011

Posted by blueboy 
Re: NCAA FOOTBALL 2011
November 30, 2011 06:35PM
RMFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMB
November 30, 2011 09:01PM
@#$%& Bama fans cant even spell the whole phrase!!!!!!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
November 30, 2011 09:09PM
Their is a blog called "Out Kick the Coverage" that makes an extremely compelling argument that is LSU and BAMA play for the title, if BAMA wins, they should have to share the title with LSU. It's mostly because LSU beat them T home, had an extremely harder schedule, and because the national title game is played on neutral ground.
December 01, 2011 09:56AM
I am for lswho but no deal on the sharing. That would suck for either team boooooo

leo otto
December 01, 2011 01:47PM
Lets stir the pot

LSU vs. Oklahoma State (if the Cowboys beat Oklahoma on Saturday) would be tasty. And Gundy did say he'd consider his team for No. 2 if it beat OU.

Just to introduce you to OSU. An offense that scores approximately every 11.3 seconds. A strength of schedule ranked 10th, compared with Alabama's at 38th. A team whose only loss was in double overtime to Iowa State the same week an OSU school plane crashed, killing two women's basketball coaches. A school that beat five teams with winning records to Alabama's three. A team with four wins over BCS top 25 teams to Alabama's two. Hello?

Full article here
[espn.go.com]
December 01, 2011 01:49PM
How about another

[espn.go.com]

Sorry Bama Fans, you had your chance, someone elses turn
December 01, 2011 01:57PM
I do not think that Okie State has a chance against LSU. Alabama is the ONLY team that kept LSU out of the endzone. Just because LSU won in regular season, doesn't mean they can bring it when it really counts. They may...or may not. We shall see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 01:57PM by wayneacree.
December 01, 2011 02:23PM
Lsu brought it when it counted. Bama didn't.
December 01, 2011 02:28PM
They may not, but they deserve a shot. I've got a Bama fan here and talking to and she keeps saying Okie St wouldnt be a game. My reply is that Bama-Utah Sugar Bowl Utah had zero chance too. The BCS almost has to put them there, or like the article says, they make themselves liars....i.e. EVERY game does count.

And if you compare resume's (which OkSt hasn't beaton OU yet and will have their hands full doing it) OkSt's is a lot better than Bama's. Those numbers above prove it. The BCS is2/3 human subjective anyway. Should you really penalize OKST for losing on the road, in double OT, ON THE DAY they found out about a second plane crash killing coaches of the Univ for the second time in 11 years????????REALLY?????????????????????????

And no, I AM NOT an OkSt fan
December 01, 2011 02:29PM
Rinkelstein Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lsu brought it when it counted. Bama didn't.

pretty much sums it up
December 01, 2011 02:29PM
Only two current AP top 25 teams OSU beat (Baylor, Kansas St). I wouldn't call that a feat.

Plus OSU gives up almost 30pts a game, not much defense. Granted they are #2 in points
scored and pass yds/game. I think if Bama or lsu played OSU it would be a SEC stomp.

Both would run and pass on them and the scores would be around 42-21, maybe 38-24 tops.
December 01, 2011 02:43PM
Your missing the point Deano. Yes they probably would both win, but they deserve their chance. You can Keep preaching the SEC is unbeatable, but in reality Boise St beat Georgia in Georgia who is playing for the conference Championship and Bama-Utah sugar.....THERE'S ALWAYS A CHANCE, THATS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME. Bama lost their chance when they lost AT HOME to LSU. there have been no BCS rematches..Just a few years ago the OhioST-Mich was a 1v2 game and EVERYONE thought there was going to be a rematch there... what happened...Florida snuck in the game.

The voters should do what's right and not vote a rematch. The whole BCS thing is every game counts and thats what makes the BCS so great and the regular season count and not want a playoff

Lets not even get into whether it's fair to LSU.

Texas and Oklahoma know every year they have to win that game to have a shot at the national title. Bama and LSU fans should know that too. Bama fans grow up and take it like a man :)
December 01, 2011 02:44PM
and btw Texas is in top 25 and that is assuming (yes I know) they win against Okla...hence 4 top 25 teams
December 01, 2011 03:00PM
GEAUX JAMIE GEAUX!!!!!!!!

Alxtgr
December 01, 2011 03:02PM
I'm not trying to be ugly, and hope it isn't construed that way...just trying to make an argument from somewhere outside SEC country.
December 01, 2011 03:05PM
I agree 100% Bama had their shot at home and lost. Give someone else a chance. Bama fan's argument is they beat LSU every where except the score board. My response is that the only stat that counts!!!

Alxtgr
December 01, 2011 03:11PM
I mean if you cant score ONE touchdown at home........... :)
December 01, 2011 03:46PM
lsu couldn't do crap against bama...the tide lost due to bad field goals. lsu fans are scared of losing...nuff said.
December 01, 2011 04:03PM
Scared of losing to who? Certainly not Bama!!! We have already played that song you your jukebox......

Alxtgr
December 01, 2011 04:03PM
Nice, intelligent, well thought out argument there.
December 01, 2011 04:07PM
If lsu wasn't scared, they would love to play a team they have already beat. Crying about the second coming makes you look like you are scared. Why not play a team that you supposedly "manhandled". Everyone knows that OK state isn't about sh*t compared to SEC. Come on LSU, grow some ballz and earn that #1 spot. Just like the Superbowl...season wins don't mean sh*t in the end.
December 01, 2011 04:17PM
Wayne,
FYI We don't pick the opponent for the NC game. What we want does matter a hill of beans. If Bama doesn't play in the NC game is that LSU's fault? In Bama fan's mind probably so though. right...

Alxtgr
December 01, 2011 04:34PM
good point, BUT...belive it or not...I am not a Alabama fan(OLE MISS, and yes we sucked this year). I saw both teams play at oxford this year, I feel that the only team in the ncaa even close to LSU is BAMA. Lsu seems to be the stronger team on paper, but I feel as thouh Bama has enough to beat them.

My 2 cents.
December 01, 2011 04:57PM
If there was any other unbeaten team (besides houston) I would say send them to the NC game.

But there is not. Jamie you are sayin Bama had their chance, yes they did. But your saying
osu should get their chance,but they have one loss as well. Bama lost to #1 by 3 in ot,osu lost
to a UNRANKED team.

If no 2 unbeatens,then send the two BEST teams....period!
December 01, 2011 05:06PM
I think in some years we will have situations like this year. Until we have playoffs
the best two teams should play wether its a rematch or not.

Some people are whining about non conference winners shoudn't play for NC's.

If lsu loses to georgia,most folks think lsu and Bama are still a lock.
December 01, 2011 05:40PM
I agree, to be honest I was rooting for everyone to have 2 losses but LSU and Houston, that way they were forced to put them there and maybe...just maybe... that would be the beginning of putting a playoff system in place.

And like I said. OSU has a better resume to this point, especially if they pull it off against OU....

AND AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOU OTHER SEC HOMER CHEST THUMPERS..............

REALITY...............................................

ONE OF THE TEAMS PLAYING IN YOUR "MIGHTY" CONFERENCE GAME LOST TO BOISE ST.....YES BOISE ST IN THEIR HOME STATE.......Hell even give Boise a chance over an Alabama rematch.... they have proven they can hang with an SEC team on ANY GIVEN DAY.....which is what we are talking about for a NC game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 05:41PM by Jamie.
December 01, 2011 05:44PM
Boise...nothing but some kids whom got lucky ONCE. They would get KILLED playing in the SEC.
December 01, 2011 05:50PM
It's all a non issue if OKSt doesnt beat OU....which is entirely possible......

Yes OSU lost to an unranked team on the road which playing at home is a HUGE advantage as any SEC fan knows.. and really it was a bunch of college kids when interviewed after the game said their minds were with the families of the coaches and the school.... They found out THE MORNING OF THE GAME Do you really think that didnt have any affect on that game.......Would you not cut them a little slack for that.... being on the road game with that going on...........For real, take off the homer glasses, step back away from personal rooting interests, and really @#$%& the situation
December 01, 2011 05:50PM
Why is the "every game counts" argument used against Alabama, but not again Oklahoma State. If their one loss had been to Oklahoma this weekend, then you could make an argument for them. There is no argument when their loss is to Iowa State. And don't use the plane crash as an excuse. If they had completely bombed the game, I might could see it. However, they were leading by 17 points with 27 minutes left in the game. Did their depression not kick in until the end of the game?

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
December 01, 2011 05:58PM
good point..

All this will clear itself out sunday night......last bcs poll

Where ever Bama plays it has been a good year and d@mn proud
of them!

Roll Tide Roll!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013