Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2012 - SN Am Championships - OFFICIAL THREAD

Posted by chrisp 
Re: 2012 - SN Am Championships - OFFICIAL THREAD
August 20, 2012 03:20PM
JBrowntown7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what did you do in school when they prayed or
> had a moment of silence? Or what about the pledge
> of allegiance? Did you walk out of the classroom?
>
>
> I think it is a great thing that they prayed.

It(prayer in schools) is against the law(in most circumstances)...I am over 40 and HAD to listen to prayers in school. I was offended every sngle time. Why? The the religion I was affiliated with(AT THE TIME) was against women leading prayer. We almost always had a woman leading prayer in my school.
August 20, 2012 03:30PM
In reality. That's just something u have to deal with when you live in a country founded by Christians.

Jacob Brown
University of Mobile, Mobile Al
August 20, 2012 03:34PM
NO it is not, as it is against my rights for you to push your fairy tales onto me. This country was not founded on that premise.
Believe in and pray to(silently)whatever you want, believing or not believing is not what this is about.
August 20, 2012 03:49PM
boy, this should have moved to another thread about 10 posts ago... ESD...sorry I missed your event this weekend. Was a little under the weather... good job to all the winners...
HB1
August 20, 2012 03:53PM
That's what I tell my female friends who get paid less for doing the same job as their male counter parts. "Hey girl, that's just something you have to deal with when you live in a country founded by men." It always makes them feel better about their plight.
August 20, 2012 04:08PM
Thank you for a great time B'ham and to all the other ADV MASTERS. Beautiful courses, cant wait to visit and play casually. I have only one complaint and that is my players package was better than my payout package. YEAH YEAH YEAH, I know, " shoulda thrown better" whatever, to get a DX ROC, DX Avair, a shirt that doesnt fit and the same hat was a crapy payout. Basically I got someones players package that didnt show up.
August 20, 2012 04:09PM
Can ya'll not head over to the General Discussion and haggle over this one. It's one of the things that screws up this forum, when a tournament thread jumps off chasing rabbits. I can't tell you how many times I had to wade through crap posts that had little to do with the actual tournament while trying to find information the last few days.
It's done, point was made.

As for the tournament. Really enjoyed the 3 courses. Will make it a point to play them again one day. The work done by the hosts was appreciated.

As someone mentioned, I do think it would have been nice to have a little more than 15 minutes to scarf down my sandwich and get to my tee box for the final 9. Especially considering the beast of a course we had just finished up on that morning. But, I understand there were a whole lot of players that needed to get on the road early (me included).

Congrats go out to B-Hole, great shooting on Sunday Bro. I'm sure he'll get some underserved ribbing, but he's a big boy and can take it. He shot the best on Championship Sunday and deserved to take home the trophy. People always want to throw bagger this, bagger that, whatever.
The Advanced Masters had 8 players in the final 9, with 8th place finishing 7 strokes out. The top 6 players were within 3 strokes. That's the way a Championship is supposed to be. B-Hole stepped up and TOOK the victory. As much as I would have liked to win, it was still a blast. Every card I had the pleasure of playing on was a fun round. Also got the pleasure to meet and play with some new players I'd never thrown with before, which is always cool. Noel, Big Foot (hope you get that flick back), David, Joe, and Shannon were all awesome to play a round of golf with. And of course my BR bro's Brooks and WHAT. Absolutely had a blast playing with Cullen, Stevie, and Shannon for the final 9, great group of guys and golfers.

I'll also be interested to see the final payout numbers.

Peace
Chad
August 20, 2012 04:11PM
ESD GREAT JOB ON THE TOURNAMENT LOVED IT I ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ALL THE COURSES LOOKED AWESOME & CHALLENGING LIKE A CHAMPIONSHIP SHOILD BE WILL ADMIT INDIGO NEEDS SAFE MEASURES FOR THE WALK TO THE NEXT TEE MAYBE EVEN A FEW FAIRWAYS BUT ALL IN ALL I HAD A BLAST :-)
oh and to the guy that said people who ask if ya smoker friendly i had about 3 people in the last 3 years and 90 tournaments in the last 3 years that ive asked are you smoker friendly they said no i have no problem with that :-)
ESD GREAT JOB CHRIS AND JOSH :-)
August 20, 2012 05:25PM
I really enjoyed everyone that was on my card in adv. Masters every round. A really good group of guys. O Even tho my game was terribly off it was one of my favorite tournaments Ive ever played because of the wonderful SN family. Looking forward to playing with my new friends again soon even if they are LSU fans...lol

BIGFOOT lives !
August 20, 2012 05:47PM
Congrats B-hole........good job! Griff
August 20, 2012 05:49PM
And Congrats Stevie Shaw - DUDE GOOD SHOOTIN'!!!! Griff
August 20, 2012 07:23PM
Discdodger333 Wrote:
> ESD GREAT JOB ON THE TOURNAMENT LOVED IT I ON THE
> OTHER HAND HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ALL THE COURSES
> LOOKED AWESOME & CHALLENGING LIKE A CHAMPIONSHIP
> SHOILD BE WILL ADMIT INDIGO NEEDS SAFE MEASURES
> FOR THE WALK TO THE NEXT TEE MAYBE EVEN A FEW
> FAIRWAYS BUT ALL IN ALL I HAD A BLAST :-)
> oh and to the guy that said people who ask if ya
> smoker friendly i had about 3 people in the last 3
> years and 90 tournaments in the last 3 years that
> ive asked are you smoker friendly they said no i
> have no problem with that :-)
> ESD GREAT JOB CHRIS AND JOSH :-)

Aaron, Im sure you didn't ask them if they were ok with you smoking pot... I bet if you asked those 90 ppl again, more than three would not be ok with it.

Mississippi State Disc Golf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2012 07:24PM by Ethan.
August 20, 2012 07:45PM
I had a great time. Thanks ESD and the whole B'ham crew for putting on a memorable SNAC.

I played on the same card with people from Jackson, Tupelo, New Orleans, Birmingham, and Huntsville. You guys all represented your cities with great class and sportsmanship.

Gotta say it was fun playing on the card with Mason from Jackson. That kid is going to be a top player some day. Keep your eye on him.

With that said, Advanced Masters, here I come!

Cheers,

Tommy Browning
August 20, 2012 07:48PM
Ethan Wrote:
> Discdodger333 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ESD GREAT JOB ON THE TOURNAMENT LOVED IT I ON
> THE
> > OTHER HAND HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ALL THE COURSES
> > LOOKED AWESOME & CHALLENGING LIKE A
> CHAMPIONSHIP
> > SHOILD BE WILL ADMIT INDIGO NEEDS SAFE MEASURES
> > FOR THE WALK TO THE NEXT TEE MAYBE EVEN A FEW
> > FAIRWAYS BUT ALL IN ALL I HAD A BLAST :-)
> > oh and to the guy that said people who ask if
> ya
> > smoker friendly i had about 3 people in the last
> 3
> > years and 90 tournaments in the last 3 years
> that
> > ive asked are you smoker friendly they said no
> i
> > have no problem with that :-)
> > ESD GREAT JOB CHRIS AND JOSH :-)
>
>
> Aaron, Im sure you didn't ask them if they were ok
> with you smoking pot... I bet if you asked those
> 90 ppl again, more than three would not be ok with
> it.

Were you there? Thought not. Sometimes it is best to keep uninformed comments to yourself. You shouldn't assume
August 20, 2012 08:05PM
wayneacree Wrote:
> Ethan Wrote:
> -----
> > Discdodger333 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > ESD GREAT JOB ON THE TOURNAMENT LOVED IT I ON
> > THE
> > > OTHER HAND HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ALL THE COURSES
> > > LOOKED AWESOME & CHALLENGING LIKE A
> > CHAMPIONSHIP
> > > SHOILD BE WILL ADMIT INDIGO NEEDS SAFE
> MEASURES
> > > FOR THE WALK TO THE NEXT TEE MAYBE EVEN A FEW
> > > FAIRWAYS BUT ALL IN ALL I HAD A BLAST :-)
> > > oh and to the guy that said people who ask if
> > ya
> > > smoker friendly i had about 3 people in the
> last
> > 3
> > > years and 90 tournaments in the last 3 years
> > that
> > > ive asked are you smoker friendly they said
> no
> > i
> > > have no problem with that :-)
> > > ESD GREAT JOB CHRIS AND JOSH :-)
> >
> >
> > Aaron, Im sure you didn't ask them if they were
> ok
> > with you smoking pot... I bet if you asked
> those
> > 90 ppl again, more than three would not be ok
> with
> > it.
>
>
> Were you there? Thought not. Sometimes it is
> best to keep uninformed comments to yourself. You
> shouldn't assume

Was I there?? I was Aaron's card 2 of the 4 rounds... maybe it's best you should do some research before you make dumb comments on my opinions

Mississippi State Disc Golf
August 20, 2012 08:15PM
Great tourney ESD! Appreciate the effort, and all the hard work. Enjoyed meeting a ton of awesome guys from all over the South. Met my goal of finishing in the top ten so I am pleased!
August 20, 2012 08:21PM
Hey Ethan...read your own comments....

I bet if you asked
> those
> > 90 ppl again, more than three would not be ok
> with
> > it.

ASSUME..... You don't know...you assume that to be the case. If you want to speculate, get a job with the oil companies.

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
August 20, 2012 08:29PM
I would be more offended or more concerned of somebody breaking the law in SN tournaments than somebody praying. Choose your battles wisely.

Karen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2012 08:30PM by Karen J..
August 20, 2012 08:53PM
Karen J.
I would be more offended or more concerned of somebody breaking the law in SN tournaments than somebody praying.

x2
August 20, 2012 09:17PM
Chris peirce, eat sleep disc, the BREWING COMPANY, Birmingham, thanks a million for great time I will be back soon!!!!! Mobile, PRIME SUSPECTS baby haha
August 20, 2012 09:51PM
The passion for this game that runs deep through our vein . Comradary and good natured ribbing carried us through the rain. The links required our diligence and skill but no such obstacles our fun could it kill. We bonded together in the iron town , strapped on our wears and proceeded to get down. Somehow our differences seem to melt away and we bonded as one on this day. Accents mixed together and laugher aplenty, the air was filled with plastic and smiles adorned the faces of the many. It's only memories now and the hardware set in grace all made possible for us at that place. A family named Southern nationals we have become and nairy heat nor rain we didn't sucumb. All that's left now are scuffed pads , footprints, and our pain from our weekend chasing the music of chain.

BIGFOOT lives !
August 20, 2012 10:00PM
Here is my take on the weekend:

To the volunteers, thank you. To spend your weekend helping other people have a great time is pretty remarkable.

To the players in all four of my groups, nice job with sportsmanship and courtesy. I would play another round gladly with any of you guys.

To the tournament directors, is there a more thankless job in disc golf? No. Did you get to play golf this weekend? No. THANKS A MILLION.

To the tournament directors again, you worked your tails off but I think time management and the compounded stress of that issue was an area where the tournament suffered. Sitting down and really studying highway drive times in a sprawl city, average round times for tough courses, player break/eating times, etc. would have resulted in an overall better SNAC. Something to consider.

To the numerous cigarette smokers of disc golf, please do not flick butts on the ground. I saw this too many times this weekend and it's absolutely not OK.

To George Ward disc golf course, any chance you would move to my town?

To Indigo disc golf course, I hope you grow up to be a great course some day. For now, you're too young and too dumb for me to spend any more time with you. :)

And last but not least, to the Jolly Roger Bar and Grill in Homewood, thanks for putting up with a bunch of crazy people from New Orleans for two days straight. I hope we are not banned for life!

Jason ATL
August 20, 2012 10:44PM
your a good man Charlie Brown. This is poetry at it's best. I am so glad to have had the opportunity to throw with you ( and all the other ADV Masters on all 3 cards + 9. I learned alot and thanks to all you for a freakn great time of throwin. Hope to see yall back at the HOWLER

linksplitter Wrote:
> The passion for this game that runs deep through
> our vein . Comradary and good natured ribbing
> carried us through the rain. The links required
> our diligence and skill but no such obstacles our
> fun could it kill. We bonded together in the iron
> town , strapped on our wears and proceeded to get
> down. Somehow our differences seem to melt away
> and we bonded as one on this day. Accents mixed
> together and laugher aplenty, the air was filled
> with plastic and smiles adorned the faces of the
> many. It's only memories now and the hardware set
> in grace all made possible for us at that place. A
> family named Southern nationals we have become and
> nairy heat nor rain we didn't sucumb. All that's
> left now are scuffed pads , footprints, and our
> pain from our weekend chasing the music of chain.
August 21, 2012 12:02AM
wayneacree Wrote:
> Hey Ethan...read your own comments....
>
> I bet if you asked
> > those
> > > 90 ppl again, more than three would not be ok
>
> > with
> > > it.
>
>
> ASSUME..... You don't know...you assume that to
> be the case. If you want to speculate, get a job
> with the oil companies.

Whatever guy, I don't ever take anything you say seriously anyways. I just know that people have asked if I minded them smoking (i thought they meant cigarettes) and they pulled out a bowl, which I was not ok with
August 21, 2012 01:03AM
Ethan & Wayne, please stop talking about this on this thread. No one want to hear about it here, take it somewhere else please.
August 21, 2012 01:27AM
Another thread down the drains...
August 21, 2012 01:51AM
Yep like always people dont understand what the thread is about and i just have to say if drinking and smoking is such a bad thing then why the hell was there a players party at the brewery . ( which was a awesome idea because if you can get brewerys and stuff like to take part in disc golf it will grow quicker look at every mainstream event in the nation like football and baseball alchoal compainies are the main sponsers ) Yall make no since at all dont listen to no one esd by far the best tournament all year payouts were unreal they were amazing from everyone that i have heard from the best payout in years!!! And as far as drinking and smoking go i think you should be worried more about your game then what other people are doing hahahaha everyone on here talks talks talks talks but nothing happens so if you have nothing positive to say about this tourni or the directors or the way it was ran just quit now because it will get you no where. If you have a problem with something thats whats the private messaging is for so use it.
August 21, 2012 07:18AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.....
this goes out to:
the team at Eat Sleep Disc for a fantastic disc golf experience.. the courses were amazing, tough terrain, beautiful landscapes, and well maintained.. I think ya'll did a great job in hosting this event!!!
the Advanced Masters division for being such a great group to be in.. i had a blast with those less fortunate enough to be at the bottom with me, but we had good tunes and a ton of laughs.. a no pressure, no "ATTITUDES" group of guys that really enjoy the sport, and some of YA'LL are really good at this but still have fun with those of US that aren't..
it was good to spend a long weekend seeing so many people having so much fun...
again THANK YOU to everyone who worked to make this happen and to all who came to be a part of the experience..

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
August 21, 2012 12:01PM
Thanks to Josh and Chrisp (and everyone that helped them) for their efforts in bringing a quality SNAC to the players. For the most part everything seemed to run very smoothly. Josh and Chrisp continually talked to the bod prior to the tournament and took all our inputs in doing a great job.

Thanks again!!
JOhn k
August 21, 2012 02:34PM
[www.sndg.org]

Results are on the site, any corrections pm me or email at johnk@sndg.org

It was nice putting some names with faces, congrats to all the winners!!

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013