Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Free Bluff Magee

Posted by Warlord 
Free Bluff Magee
October 21, 2013 08:32PM

Banned from the forum until January 2015? For which violation of the forum rules?

SN Forum Guidelines

Ban me.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 21, 2013 10:11PM
Bluff must be in nazi prison....
He's the only one that has any idea of what is best for this organization.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
October 22, 2013 02:48PM
What did he do?
October 22, 2013 04:37PM
Yeah. What rule(s) did Mike break?
October 22, 2013 05:45PM
Their answers so far:

1. Numerous violations
2. Too many (violations) to list
3. Past indiscretions
4. Good reasons

Not once did they cite a single violation.

To top it off, Mr. CEO Nicollini told me last night that if I didn't like the way they (BOD) were doing things, I shouldn't sign up for an account when the new website is launched. They do not take dissent lightly.

Bluff was right.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2013 05:55PM by Warlord.
October 22, 2013 07:48PM
Yeah, I was pm'd for saying that this was poopy, but spelled with a $, if y'all catch my drift.
I've been on this forum for over 9 years and now I have to put up with this "$tuff".
This site isn't that great and I can't imagine it can get any better,
Especially with the new "regime" running things.
October 22, 2013 08:40PM
I brought this from the private discussion. I hope this is ok Jazz!

We the players need to know what action exactly happened to cause this ban on both people. Ryan you were arguing. with Dillon and talking about standing over him. There needs to be justification for a 14 month ban

And so my fellow disc golfers we gather here today. We commemorate the beginning of the 14 month posting suspension of at least one of our best known freedom loving characters. The actor and all his characters are suspended just the same. His true first and last name initials are exactly the same as none-other-than freedom fighter Martin Luther King and other people with the same initials.

He and all his posting characters are officially un-dead. They are dead to SN Forum us, except they may spring back to life in 14 months. They may be active now but not live on this site, except through the help of other people with initials.

They say he was banned because he hijacked a tournament thread so many times that if you don't know it you don't deserve to know it. He was known far and wide for posting with great offensiveness, critique, understanding, probity, grammar and humor. We have the irony that he gave the SN ratings for free until banned from admin for deleting hijacking tournament thread posts. He is also one of our top selling TD's.

The evidence of any tournament thread hijacking should be made public, if there is any. The authority for and any warnings that might have justified the punishment should be specifically made public, if any.

My apologies if ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Oh yea, we deserve to see the same for Dillon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2013 07:20PM by Discjazz.
October 22, 2013 09:32PM

They say he was banned because he hijacked a tournament thread so many times that if you don't know it you don't deserve to know it.

The evidence of any tournament thread hijacking should be made public, if there is any.

The authority for and any warnings that might have justified the punishment should be specifically made public, if any.

Simple questions asked by more than a few here; but none so eloquently.

To quote one whom is not with us at this time, but will return...

Re: "More info later"
September 16, 2013 09:56PM

"Seems this new group is intent on acting like control freaks, and they won't bother to publicize their decisions. I guess they feel like the players and TDs of the SN aren't worthy to be listened to or talked to either."

October 22, 2013 11:00PM
Both persons were guilty of hijacking tournament threads, and by that we mean, posting things that where either detrimental to the tournament, or steering the conversation away from the tournament or personally attacking and being disrespectful in a tournament thread. Dillon was warned about his use of profanity and had several posts edited. Kernan turned in an official communication(a tournament application request) with offensive remarks and other disrespectful comments.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
October 22, 2013 11:06PM
Are you kidding me? I can't believe y'all would stand up for one of the very people who has run this forum into the ground!!!

Yes, he has "hijacked" threads. Quite a few of the ones I started in fact.

I salute the new BOD for trying to clean this forum up of the negative BS! Get rid of the cancers and bring back the positive!!
October 23, 2013 02:24AM
I don't always agree with Mike and I don't know that I have ever agreed with Dillon, but I wholeheartedly support and defend their right under any circumstances to say whatever it is that I may not agree with.
October 23, 2013 08:18AM
Even when those comments are nothing short of bashing a TD for his efforts??? I have received plenty of that in the last year and a half...

Yes, Mike has done a lot for the sport, but that doesn't mean he gets to go around criticizing other people. His efforts doesn't make him immune, yet no one has bothered to stand up to him and make it stop and he takes full advantage of that fact. Posting nonsense all over the forum where it isn't needed or welcomed.

Stand up to the Internet bullying!!! Good job BOD!
October 23, 2013 10:26AM
my problem with this is that only 2 have been singled out. by doing this you have put youself in a position to have to ban people every time they have a complaint inside a tourny thread. And believe me, YOU WILL BE HELD TO IT!. Seems to be way more personal for a few.
October 23, 2013 11:29AM
I agree Hudd

This seems to be a witch hunt against 2 people that certain BOD members have had arguments on the forums.

What board member brought these 2 names up for banishment?

Let us at least know that. I have an idea of who it is and if so there is def a personal agenda going on.
October 23, 2013 11:30AM
Thx Tony

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
October 23, 2013 01:43PM

but that doesn't mean he gets to go around criticizing other people

LOL. He's a menace.

Look, personally, I think Mikey is an internet sociopath who is perpetually two cocktails away from honoring his profession's glorious traditions, but I think that, wait.....um. Okay, I'm not sure where I was going with that.

Anyway, having been banned from numerous websites, I'm generally against it, but when deleting someone's posts becomes a full-time day job, it seems like the only option. I'd personally let him back, but I can understand the decision as well. People have to remember that this is a privately-owned site, and the owner can do whatever he or she wants to do. They can ban you for having too many consonants in your name if they want to. In light of this, when you constantly, relentlessly get under people's skin, you have to expect consequences.

I still don't agree with it, and even if I did, 14 months is pretty steep. How about 1 month? If he comes back and does whatever got him banned, you can always ban him again. Personally, I'm looking forward to the sock-puppets, but whatever.
October 23, 2013 05:11PM
You are/were one of the main problems, tony.
You've single handedly ruined hattiesburg's reputation, along with your own when it comes to tournaments being run in a legit manner.
I believe Bluff Magee has called you out on this fact,
maybe that's why YOU believe he has run the forum into the ground and can't even imagine that it could have ever been TB, Mr. perfect.
Ask any of the golfers we grew up playing with.
Most of the new golfers don't know the past....
October 23, 2013 10:30PM
October 24, 2013 12:18AM
Tony, I assume you were responding to me when you stated..

Even when those comments are nothing short of bashing a TD for his efforts?

My position on this issue is neither an endorsement or condemnation. I simply tend to err in support of free speech, regardless of who is speaking and what they are saying, even when it is hyperbolically critical in nature.

The current BOD has undertaken some initiatives that I like. Aligning the season with the calendar year is a great idea and the series definitely needs a new website. I have been vocal in support of both of these initiatives.
October 24, 2013 07:03AM
Dizcjazz
I don't exactly doubt that Mikey hijacked a thread either. I have no specific memory of a tournament thread hijack but then again I might not have noticed it because I did not know the definition of hijack included posting truthful information "detrimental to the tournament". Apparently the BOD applied several standards not previously published or known to me.

I just think that when the BOD acts judicially it should cite evidence, recite facts specifically and act only in accordance with cited prior rules, precedents or warnings. I've seen none of that, hence the import of this punishment is blown way out of proportion. It should have been a simple thing and could still be. Instead it appears criticism is not wanted, no matter how truthful, relevant or entrant helpful it is, on a tournament thread. I was not previously aware of this and I do not think it is a positive development. It tends to reduce tournament threads to useless or deceptive hype instead of player choice tools.

So to answer Trackin01's question: What, if anything, could the BoD say or do at this point to justify in your minds what they voted to do?

Truth is I don't know. No authority for a posting suspension has been cited or quoted. No warnings have been detailed. Also, no tournament thread hijack evidence has been displayed. No specific facts have been recited. None of this, if it exists, should have taken as much time to do as the time we have already spent on the issue. There just has been no serious attempt to justify it. That alone is cause for concern, especially if the punishments could be justified.

What he said...
October 24, 2013 10:27AM
I also agree with Discjazz.

"Kernan turned in an official communication(a tournament application request) with offensive remarks and other disrespectful comments."

Can you provide us the details or the text of the application request, Nick?

Was that request ever posted on the forum?

Rob
October 24, 2013 01:38PM
Poor Puff Magee.

BMB
October 24, 2013 02:25PM
Good job BOD!! Don't listen to the nay Sayers or nay doers rather.

If you do nothing to help further our sport (run tournies, put on clinics, solicit sponsors, etc...) then keep your personal opinions to yourself. Because IMO, if you do none of these things, your opinion means squat! We have tons of individuals who love to come on this forum and talk a bunch of crap but do nothing for the sport. If you want your voice heard and recognized, get out and EARN that recognition! Otherwise, SHUT UP!!

Keep up the good work guys!!
October 24, 2013 03:27PM
sand2bass2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good job BOD!! Don't listen to the nay Sayers or
> nay doers rather.
>
> If you do nothing to help further our sport (run
> tournies, put on clinics, solicit sponsors,
> etc...) then keep your personal opinions to
> yourself. Because IMO, if you do none of these
> things, your opinion means squat! We have tons of
> individuals who love to come on this forum and
> talk a bunch of crap but do nothing for the sport.
> If you want your voice heard and recognized, get
> out and EARN that recognition! Otherwise, SHUT
> UP!!
>
> Keep up the good work guys!!

So, the regular tournament player's opinions do not matter here? I thought that the SN was all about the players.
October 24, 2013 08:15PM
Clueless.
October 24, 2013 08:36PM
Good job BOD. Should have been done many years ago. The "self-proclamed" great one has been detrimental to this forum since it was first started!! Thank you.

Dillon had nothing positive to say about anybody or anything, so thanks again.
October 24, 2013 10:19PM
Thanks for stating your opinion on the matter Mac!!!

We need more of you who are willing to stand up for what's right in this country. Don't worry about whose feelings get hurt, just do what you know in your heart is best.

If only our politicians would do the same for our entire country....

Thank you current BOD for having the balls!!!
RTG
October 25, 2013 07:45AM
I have not visited this site in a long time for numerous reasons.I can tell you this though.I cannot believe there are people here who get their panyies in a wad over words.We all as children are tought that sticks and stone break bones but words will never hurt.We Should all stop sanctioning with the SN then. Thanks only if I am entitled to amn opinion here.
October 25, 2013 09:17AM
So you run SN events RTG??? Where at???
October 25, 2013 01:11PM
I need contact information for the following board of directors;
Ryan Niccolini
Johnathan Nyce
Allan Morrow
Chuck Burdine
Adam Morrow

Also, where can I find the bylaws on this website? A 501(c) type organization is required to have them posted.

Jonathan Mueller
Richard Shwartz & Assoc. P.A.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 64
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013