Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Free Bluff Magee

Posted by Warlord 
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 01:34PM
What a joke!!

There was no car accidents involved here, so go chase ambulances somewhere else....
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 01:37PM
^^^^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Rumble in Ragley, version 1.0
15 November 2014
Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 01:42PM
Why hide your email Mr. P.A.? Also, how long do you have to practice before you become a real lawyer? I got 1 for you, what do you call a bus full of lawyers with 1 empty seat falling in the Mississippi River?


A crying shame! A crying shame there wasn't another lawyer in the empty seat!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RichardShwartz&Assoc. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need contact information for the following board
> of directors;
> Ryan Niccolini
> Johnathan Nyce
> Allan Morrow
> Chuck Burdine
> Adam Morrow
>
> Also, where can I find the bylaws on this website?
> A 501(c) type organization is required to have
> them posted.
>
> Jonathan Mueller
> Richard Shwartz & Assoc. P.A.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Rumble in Ragley, version 1.0
15 November 2014
Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 03:20PM
jacques Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't always agree with Mike and I don't know
> that I have ever agreed with Dillon, but I
> wholeheartedly support and defend their right
> under any circumstances to say whatever it is that
> I may not agree with.

We should all support that right. However, nothing about it entitles anyone to post on this forum.

And Warlord's references to the Tiananmen Square protest are more than a little over the top. Those posts conflate unrelated free speech rights with the BOD's actions, purposefully or not.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 03:39PM
Quote
Jazzcaster
And Warlord's references to the Tiananmen Square protest are more than a little over the top. Those posts conflate unrelated free speech rights with the BOD's actions, purposefully or not.


I could have sworn that the guy standing in front of the tank had a 10x KC Pro Aviar in his hand. (That was a feeble attempt at humor.)
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 05:24PM
I run SN events and will have one of the biggest one day pro payouts in march. I have had my problems and arguments with both players. My problem with it is there is no doubt in my mind that this was personal for a BOD member. Which is why I feel the ban should be either removed or shortened. This is rediculous.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 05:50PM
Quote
BoD thread October 17th meeting
3.Vote to ban Mike Kernan from the SN forums until Jan 1st 2015. Banned for past indiscretions in forum threads.
Vote 3-2 passed

4. Vote to ban Dillon Gourley from the SN forums until Jan 1st 2015. Banned for past indiscretions in forum threads
Vote 4-1 passed

Quote
Head
I run SN events and will have one of the biggest one day pro payouts in march. I have had my problems and arguments with both players. My problem with it is there is no doubt in my mind that this was personal for a BOD member. Which is why I feel the ban should be either removed or shortened. This is rediculous.

I am not real bright but it seems there was more than a BoD member involved with the ban.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Rumble in Ragley, version 1.0
15 November 2014
Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 06:10PM
I understand that but the person that brought it up has a personal problem with both parties I'm willing to bet!
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 07:13PM
Ryan is speaking the truth. I was the one that brought up the topic of a suspension for both Kernan And Dillon. It stemmed from having to police for two full weeks the tournament threads. Protecting tournament threads from having the topic of conversation changed to belittle it's TD's are those attending said tournaments. It is the responsibility of the BOD's to insure those threads not be hijacked for the shear amusement of a few in poor taste. Which in those two weeks did happen on more than one tournament thread by both parties, and there attempted hijackings were deleted as well as the comments made by those that were being antagonized by those two parties. Which the TD's did thank us for removing from there threads. The BOD is taking a more stand up approach to insure tournaments stay on topic in and effort to help TD's showcase there threads to potential sponsors should they want to. By keeping these threads on the subject of there tournaments.

After years of watching tournament threads being hijacked by both Mike Kernan, and Dillon Gourley for no other reason than there own amusement, I put forth the motion for a suspension of both. And my personal feelings for them had no bearing on that choice. It was and is my belief that the SN series will do for better without there hijacking threads, than to allow them to continue as previous BOD's have done in the past. I was not the only BOD member to believe this, and thus they both are banned from the "FORUMS" and only the "FORUMS".

Some of you have asked for a list of infractions by these two. All you need to do is go back 3-4 months and read a few tournament threads that they have commented on to see those infractions. As a matter of fact you could should you choose to go back for years and see them all. Many can be found in the private forums due to how for the hijackings were allowed to go before needing to be moved.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 07:26PM
I accept that answer. Thank you for letting us know. These forums are a joke so banning them will not make them better. I really do not use these forums to advertise. I use FB. I think all of this is taken way too serious and we need to get over stuff and move one. This will be my last post on the subject.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 07:29PM
You misspelled "Schwartz," counselor, and you don't seem to be listed on their website. And what lawyer solicits information on a message board?

So many plot holes in this one.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 07:58PM
Thank you, Misters Nyce and Niccolini. A little bit of transparency is good for all. I still disagree with the severity of the punishments....why fourteen months? Why not nine? Or eleven? Or eighteen?

I've been working with military regulations since 1978. They are written for idiots like me to understand. A simple, step-by-step procedure for applications of punishment would be nice to have. Then, even Kernan might understand.

Take care....and....if I don't get too drunk....this will be the last word I have on the subject.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 25, 2013 09:19PM
Very eloquently stated Mr. Nyce Guy!!

This BOD is going places....
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 26, 2013 02:08AM
Quote

We should all support that right. However, nothing about it entitles anyone to post on this forum.

The SN consists only of the actual sanctioned tournaments and this website. It exists nowhere else.

Within the context of the SN, supporting an individual's right to speak their mind equals supporting their ability to post on this forum, the only outlet we have for debate and dissent.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 26, 2013 11:41AM
I submit the following image in the Spirit of Bluff Magee:



For those who point to my statement from last night, "if I don't get too drunk....this will be the last word I have on the subject," I was drunk last night.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 26, 2013 02:18PM
Yeah, me too.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 26, 2013 07:34PM
And yet there is no such "right." Unless I am missing something. To claim that the BOD cannot prohibit anyone from posting anything they want is its own variety of extreme IMO.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 26, 2013 07:53PM
Jazzcaster,

If there were no written laws...and no legal procedures....would you agree that it would be alright for judges to make up decisions and punishments on their own?

There is an easy remedy to all of this....publish the procedures for enforcement of forum rules.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 27, 2013 02:44PM
Warlord Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jazzcaster,
>
> If there were no written laws...and no legal
> procedures....would you agree that it would be
> alright for judges to make up decisions and
> punishments on their own?
>

Like Solomon? If people go to an arbiter to decide a dispute, they must accept the decision of the arbiter even if they don't like it. That has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. And the days of "no written laws" are long gone.

> There is an easy remedy to all of this....publish
> the procedures for enforcement of forum rules.

There are no forum rules. The BOD is not even required to allow anyone to post in the forum. It is a private entity. It apparently controls the forum and if it does something that its constituents do not like, then it can be replaced by the election process.

Would you really be satisfied with a rule that says something to the effect of "The BOD may decide, by simple majority vote and with or without notice, to ban anyone from posting in the forums for posts deemed by the BOD to be disruptive or counterproductive to the purpose of the forums. Such ban shall be for any definite or indefinite period of time as the BOD deems justified or necessary."?
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 27, 2013 04:28PM
Quote
Jazzcaster
There are no forum rules.

But there are forum rules:

Forum Guidelines

...and these rules contain nothing about "hijacking" of threads. Unless you consider "and/or any other behavior that disrupts normal performance of the message board." as a catch-all. Also, these rules only cover removal or relocation of offending threads....not banishment. All it would take is a little bit of effort at one of the meetings to come up with some a common-sense solution.

Hey....maybe what I say, or think, doesn't matter. I haven't played in an SN tourney in a long time....mainly because there aren't any in my area any more. That, along with ruptured tendons and back injuries will keep anybody from playing. Maybe I should take the suggestion of one of the Board of Directors..."if you don't like the way we are doing things, don't sign up when the new website comes up."

With that attitude, I probably won't.

....but I am planning on making the Pot of Gold next year.

Edit: No, Eric, you know I wouldn't be satisfied with that.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 04:31PM by Warlord.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 27, 2013 08:42PM
Quote
Would you really be satisfied with a rule that says something to the effect of "The BOD may decide, by simple majority vote and with or without notice, to ban anyone from posting in the forums for posts deemed by the BOD to be disruptive or counterproductive to the purpose of the forums. Such ban shall be for any definite or indefinite period of time as the BOD deems justified or necessary."?

Not sure about the bold and italics, but I support the ability of private website owners to ban people for whatever reason they see fit. This is not because I hate Mike or advocate dissent and mayhem (ha ha ha ha), but because doing so should be the right of private website owners.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 08:52PM by blueboy.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 27, 2013 08:44PM
and knowing is half the battle
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 27, 2013 09:17PM
Quote
blueboy
Not sure about the bold and italics, but I support the ability for private website owners to ban people for whatever reason they want. This is not because I hate Mike or advocate dissent and mayhem (ha ha ha ha), but because doing so should be the right of private website owners.

Who owns the website? Brian Moon? We haven't heard from him...and I guess that we never will. Do the Board of Directors own the site? Or, are the players owners? I've always heard that the SN was a player's series.

If it is a player's series, a procedure covering banishment from the forum should be in place to ensure transparency. How could this be done?

1. Create a set of rules that is easily understood. The current Forum Guidelines is a good start, but can be improved upon.
2. Create a set of procedures, or steps, that should be taken when one violates the rules:
a. Edit offending post and have moderator cite the violation. At the same time, publicly warn the offender.
b. Upon second offense, act as in above and place the offender on temporary suspension until the BOD can vote on sentence.
3. Determine a common sense set of punishments....warning.....temporary suspension.....30 day suspension....60 day suspension.....one year suspension.

Just simple ideas from a simpleton.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 28, 2013 04:06PM
The point is that someone owns it. It's not public, and therefore, any 1st Amendment arguments are moot.

Like I said, I'd personally let Mike back on, but I also understand that we don't have "rights" when it comes to this site.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 28, 2013 04:14PM
I agree with you, blue. All that is needed is a touch of transparency in the application of the policing of the forum.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 28, 2013 10:42PM
In all honesty, although those two highjacked tournament threads left and right, I disagree that it was for their own amusement. Although Dillon and Mike went about most of their posts in the wrong way, most all of them were things that were/are true that everyone else is afraid to say because they don't want to offend any TD's.

I disagree with the banning of these two without banning a few others who make threads and comment on threads with posts of the same nature. If you are going to ban them, you should ban the others who have done the same.

This is a players series, and it should be treated at such. If you want to progress and make it better, take your heads out of your butts and realize that the SN is only going down hill and do something positive about it. All you people worry about is who is posting what on a forum. Who gives a crap what someone says on here? No one! There are more disc golfers who have probably never heard of this site than have. You should be worried about more important things like a new website, making events actual worth something instead of some cheap side show, and make the SN what it was intended to grow into.

When I first started in the SN, it had its problems but it was pretty fun. Now, it is a pathetic "organization" that is only getting worse.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 29, 2013 06:11AM
And what are YOU doing Cody Roberts to make it less "pathetic"??? Planning some great events that will get us back over the top?
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 29, 2013 06:26AM
IF there is a post on a tourney thread that could cause harm to the event, I think it should be deleted. I am not in agreement that the person who posted it be ban from posting.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 06:52AM by hudd.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 29, 2013 07:29AM
I'm not doing ANYTHING to help it get better! I tried that for 2 years, and got nowhere. People are too worried about an online forum and not about the real reason we are all here in the first place, disc golf. But who cares, we can all agree that there is a big anchor holding down the SN, and that anchor isn't being taken off anytime soon until some real disc golf advocates take charge.
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 29, 2013 08:15AM
Tony thinks he's the savior of the SN by running some lame events that only locals show up to.
Everyone else in the SN knows he's a thief.
I can't believe his big head even fits on the internet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013