Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Free Bluff Magee

Posted by Warlord 
Re: Free Bluff Magee
October 29, 2013 12:29PM
So the bottom line is that Bluff did not break any rules. Several people have stated their recollection that he hijacked tournament threads but there was no rule against hijacking. There still is no rule against hijacking, but we do now have precedent against hijacking, including a definition. It is a broad definition obscurely published and it means truthful criticism is not allowed on tournament threads. The alleged hijacking posts were altered without making a record so the documentary evidence we could have had was destroyed. There are no property or free speech rights relevant to this matter. It appears the bod has significant control over this site. Whatever they don't like they will do something about. A few Tds are happy about it and a few Tds are not. The Bluff that was is now an Anonymous User.
October 29, 2013 12:45PM
Well said, discjazz. That is exactly what is happening. The BOD is doing what they want, without anyone's input, and it is not making positive change although they believe it is.
October 29, 2013 06:56PM
I would definitely say that this issue is polarizing. A lot of people that I respect fall on both sides of this one.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
October 29, 2013 09:26PM
Smart move BOD, maybe now the SN can move forward and not get held up with that constant disruption.
October 29, 2013 11:05PM
Indeed Eric! Yes, indeed. Thanks BOD.

Maybe now I can post threads with the confidence that it will stay on topic and not end up the center of some D Bags entertainment.
October 29, 2013 11:13PM
Oh yeah, I believe it is positive change for sure. So it's not just the BOD Cody.
October 30, 2013 06:47AM
What if the ban was shortened to six months and then allow posting only in the Private areas? That would allow those who enjoy the comments of the two in question to still read their comments without worry about distractions or bad PR. The remainder of the sentence could be probationary before allowed back on the Main Forum. This would seem to serve to remove the distractions and still allow for a sense of fairness. If you get your feelings hurt then, it is because you went looking for it.

Shane

October 30, 2013 07:41AM
Too much common sense there, Shane.
October 30, 2013 09:11AM
If the players approve the new website quote and we move forward with that, our goal will be feb 1st 2014 to go live, We will re-visit the punishments and possibly allow them onto new forums on probation until original sentence is over.

Ok so people dont think this is ransom, even if the players don't approve the new website then at the same time we will re-visit the punishment and possibly move them to probation

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 02:05PM by niklpenny.
October 30, 2013 12:37PM
That sets up approval of the new site proposal as ransom for the release of Bluff. Whatever, I am hijacking this thread to say it is more important that we free the SN forums generally. Making a rule against hijacking of tournament threads is a great idea but mere questions should be encouraged and the relevant truth should always be a defense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 12:40PM by Discjazz.
October 30, 2013 12:54PM
Unacceptable Ryan and BOD....revisit a punishment thats not in the rules or handbook or anywhere to be found?
WTFE

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
October 30, 2013 01:16PM
I am sorry you feel that way, we meant no disrepect to anyone, but realize some of you felt that way. We are considering shortening the suspensions to when the new website goes live, because although most people agree with it, we do realize some of you did not. We hear your concerns and we see your suggestions and are listening. For that reason we have added hijacking and punishments to the current set of guidelines, but are going to draft a new set of rules and regulations for the new forum that everyone feels is adequate. Lets not let this slight disagreement sully the things that are really important.

Thx for understanding

October 30, 2013 01:39PM
Ryan Niccolini
most people agree with it

YOU LIE!!!
October 30, 2013 01:47PM
I.m with Doug....that.s absurd. Where does hi-jacking come in.I've been doin it for years.I.m still posting

BMB
October 30, 2013 03:08PM
Having advised the SN that I'd lay off exposing their inadequacies and allow them time to perform the many tasks at hand, I offer quotations from great historical minds to assist them with their decisions .......

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." Winston Churchill

"The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism." Wole Soyinka

"Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved."
Mattie Stepanek

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
George Bernard Shaw

"The megalomaniac differs from the narcissist by the fact that he wishes to be powerful rather than charming, and seeks to be feared rather than loved. To this type belong many lunatics and most of the great men of history." Betrand Russell

"One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say."Bryant H. McGill

"Look man, you can listen to Jimi but you can't hear him. There's a difference man. Just because you're listening to him doesn't mean you're hearing him." Movie: "White Men Can't Jump"
October 30, 2013 03:44PM
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Here is one that somewhat pertains to the SN in the past few years. I know it will turn around and bite me in the rear, but it is how I feel. Read it and think about it.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
October 30, 2013 07:11PM
BOD, please respond to the following:

1. Why not put the banning up to an SN vote, like you did with other topics? You have access to free polling software. Make the decision public and transparent and all this drama goes away.

2. Why would you state that you are considering shortening the suspensions? This indicates that you're not confident in your decision, or perhaps that you honestly know the suspensions were too severe. Why waver now? Please explain.

3. Did you view Kernan and Dillon through the same lens when banning, considering the "rules" they broke are not really documented? I would venture to say that the two had very different intentions, styles, maturity levels, validity, etc.

4. How was the punishment decided? Serious question. Is there an equation for months suspended that you use based on number of violations? Or, was this based on what "felt" right? People should know that if you say (A, B, C) on the forum, it's six months suspension. Or, if you hijack a tourney thread more than once, it's a year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 07:11PM by JasonATL.
October 30, 2013 09:07PM
1. Because that is a main function of the BOD which is an elected position
2. We are considering shortening it at the demand of several players who posted a motion in the bod thread and to give them a chance on the new website
3. We voted separately on each person Kernan being guilty of hijacking and of sending inflammatory statements in a tournament request, thus being his 2nd time being banned.
Dillon was guilty of the foul language rule 3 times and was warned, he was also guilty of several hijacks. Also his 2nd ban
4. 2 different lengths were proposed, end of current season, and end of 2014. End of 2014 end up being the one voted in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 09:22PM by niklpenny.
October 30, 2013 09:46PM

We are considering shortening it at the demand of several players who posted a motion in the bod thread and to give them a chance on the new website

With all due respect, where are the "demands" you speak of in that thread? There were none. The original post was a request. There was a second....and a third. No demands. It does seem, as I and others have mentioned, that some on the Board of Directors have a problem with dissent....seeing any disagreement as a challenge to their authority.

I brought it up as a request...and respectfully submitted that request. Your public classification of my request as a "demand" is a slap in the face of civility....the same civility that you, Allan and Jonathan stated that you were trying to restore to the board.
October 31, 2013 08:48AM
Wow!! I cannot believe so many of you would stick up for people who are so detrimental to this series. All Bluff Magee and GirlyBoy has ever done on this site is bash the SN's for every inadequacy they could point out, as well as criticize others.

Y'all are worse than the democrats who can plainly see the country being run into the ground, yet still sing the praises of the very person who is most responsible for the decline...
October 31, 2013 09:42AM
sand2bass2 Wrote:
>
> Y'all are worse than the democrats who can plainly
> see the country being run into the ground, yet
> still sing the praises of the very person who is
> most responsible for the decline...

And there it is....
Why don't you leave the country then?

Read this:
[p.washingtontimes.com]
October 31, 2013 11:05AM
October 31, 2013 12:42PM
Some of you are making way too big of a deal about this. Those guys were constantly stirring the pot on this forum and the elected BOD are doing what they feel is best to curtail the constant bickering, harassment, foul language, and personal battles that carried over into almost every thread.

Who really cares if they can't post? I know I don't..... It's not a free speech issue or a violation of anyone's protected rights. Go on any message board, and even the most extreme of them have rules that everyone must follow. Break the rules, face the consequences, which is usually a ban of some kind.

I will agree that the length of the ban may be a little steep, but that's not for me, or many of you, to decide.

Shut up and throw! lol
October 31, 2013 12:47PM
Been out of the loop laetly, dealing with family and health issues. I have been involved with SN since 2005. Tony I've known you and Kernan since then and consider both of you. my friends! I'm sorry you feel Kernan is Detrimental. Yes he has his way of getting his point across but many of post have validaty unlike Dillion who is crap starter. I have read many threads before making this post, one thing evident Nklpenny and Nyce Personnaly do not like Kernan! Like the man or not him and NOteam have put money into SN thru their events! POG alone puts 450 to 500 in coffer, good luck replacing that money! Tony i.wish u well my friend just respectfully disgree. Good luck BOD biting the hand that feeds you
October 31, 2013 01:16PM
What rule was broken again? Can't seem to find it.
October 31, 2013 05:48PM
Thanks Brad!

Just know that this is not personal for me. I like Kernan as much as anybody (IN PERSON) and yes he has put on some great events and added lots of dough into the series as well as the players pockets. It's his alterego Bluff that's the problem. And if moving this series forward means doing it without his posts on this forum, then so be it.

For those of you who are whining about what the BOD is doing, get off your butt and put your name in the hat at next years election.
October 31, 2013 07:15PM
Good point Largemouth. If you disagree with the direction that the current Board of Directors is pursuing, get off your duff and run for one of the open seats next year. Please, we need a large field of candidates. Expecting to see several of the names on this topic who have such a strong opinion on what is best for the SN.
November 01, 2013 03:58AM
Gentlemen, I am concerned this forum will become an echo chamber of sorts in which we only tell one another what a good job is being done - even when it isn't.

That's what "eliminating negativity" looks like.

Lafayette tournament threads have been ground zero for some of the biggest 'hijackings' in the history of these SN forums yet we keep posting them and keep running tournaments which keep getting bigger.

I guess I am still not clear on what we are trying to prevent by stifling criticism, surely it isn't hurt feelings?
November 01, 2013 04:44AM
Jacques,

I believe in constructive criticism. I think what we are seeing is a natural human reaction to constant personal abuse. We have seen many bod members quit without serving their full terms or become inactive at best. Each time they have been ridiculed and called retarded,lazy,stupid,etc. by some of the individuals included in the ban. The perception seems to be from many on this thread that the board should have thicker skin or be able to ignore the personal attacks. We can continue to point out that the board should be able to ignore these irritants and that anyone has a right to say what they want, when they want, where they want, and how they want. If that is the direction the SN continues down, the list of people willing to serve and willing to ignore the personal attacks will continue to dwindle in my opinion. When a quality person who already has a lot of issues to deal with in their personal/private lives looks at volunteering for an organization where they are constantly belittled, the choice not to volunteer becomes easy.

Shane

November 01, 2013 06:09AM
Post deleted as it deleted parts of the message :(

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 06:18AM by rockindiscgolf.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013