Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Free Bluff Magee

Posted by Warlord 
Re: Free Bluff Magee
November 01, 2013 07:35AM
I agree with Shane. The past couple elections have hardly been truly elections but more like marketing campaigns to fill the open slots. The selection process has slowly slipped from who's best qualified ... to becoming a popularity contest ... to who the hell will actually run and put themselves in such a position?

I commend those presently serving on the board as it is a critical time in the being of the SN. No one said it would be easy. This evolution of the SN has driven many quality minds and leaders away. A good organization normally has a written "policy and procedures" manual which persists through leadership changes. It is THE CODE to follow. Past SN leadership and volunteers have worked hard on one, but has it been followed? Has it evolved with the issues at hand? A good policy on forum hijacking and character attacks and repercussions solves the issue for all. The board spends more time defending themselves and arguing with membership than handling the looming issues. Use policy, case closed! No debate!

Criticism is essential. No leadership does anything perfect, but without criticism, dictatorship evolves. The current board is slipping to that direction. Yes, they are finally making changes. But they are not involving the membership. The view from below is they are dictating rules and punishments with a "knee jerk" type reaction. Jerking knees normally kick something else over. It's unlikey the bull in the china shop will polish or even sell much crystal!

When contemplating an organization, I always reflect to John 15:5 which says: I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

For true growth there needs to be unity and trust. With this comes teamwork and fulfillment of common goals. Our vine intertwines a broad spectrum of geographic, social, educational, economic, and DG talent. Leadership of such a vast array of membership and beliefs requires sacrafice, determination, honesty, communication, and transparency. Membership has the right, actually the duty, to oversee and "call out" the board when any of these qualities are deemed absent.

As the head of our vine, it is my opinion the board needs to embrace the one thread running through the vine of the Southern Nationals ... the common love and promotion of the the sport of disc golf. The board should embrace the membership. Not just listen, but hear them ... know them, and quit judging them ... for that is not their duty or responsibility. The board needs to reach out, form committees, ask for assistance, form quality planning. This is especially true for critical projects such as the forum regulation, points database, and new web features. No one expects them to correct or handle everything, but planning creates confidence, confidence creates teamwork, and teamwork creates results. Good things just may happen. Steps in the right direction will get more willing members on the SN bus!

Being one on the "outside" of the SN, I saw an area where my talents and assistance could possibly be utilized .... only to have my reputation questioned on a public forum and offer to assist tossed aside. This attitude has to change, for like many branches before, leaving the vine becomes the more likely decision. However, I am good in my own skin and fully aware of my true reputation. My skin is pretty thick as well.

I wish the board all the best although my decision is to remain on the outside until there's an attitude more pleasing to the entire membership. Good luck on that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 07:39AM by rockindiscgolf.
November 01, 2013 08:00AM
I'll wait for a copy of Cliff's Notes.
November 01, 2013 08:34AM
Thomas, Your Cliff Notes:

The soil in which the SN vine grows is, indeed, very rich. May the vine's leadership absorb it's nourishment and acknowledge that even manure enriches it still further.

Hope this condensed variation assists your understanding! ;)
November 01, 2013 10:06AM
Well the manure's definately getting deep in here! lol. Thanks!

I seriously doubt the lack GIFs and personal shots on an internet forum are going to cause the "Vine" many problems. Pesticides are needed despite soil conditions.
November 01, 2013 10:12AM
Touch'e! And there should be easy to understand instructions on how and when to use the insecticides, right? Misuse could kill the vine!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 10:14AM by rockindiscgolf.
November 01, 2013 01:01PM
Criticism of YOUR BOD's had ZERO bearing on these bans....It was the constant keyboard bullying that caused both of these people to be banned, not there criticizing the BOD....

A guideline is in place to protect the Tournament Forum threads, which clearly states that any and everything else can be discussed in the General discussion forums threads. The BOD's wants to maintain the appearance of professionalism on the Tournament Forum threads of YOUR SN Series. That guideline can be found at the following.

[www.sndg.org]
This will be the last time I comment on this thread...
November 01, 2013 02:23PM
I do not hate Kernan, where do you get that from? I like Kernan in real life. In fact This is Kernan's last PM to me:

"LoL, glad to see someone is rising to the challenge. Don't forget, I will work with people who appreciate the better things in disc golf. Let me know if you want to put the ratings on the new website...that could be a big feather in your cap. They must not be as easy to do as I recall, since no one else has decided to do them."

I unfortunately did think he stepped over the line, which is why I voted yes to his suspension from the forum.

I really don't care for DIllon very much, but I surprisingly have not had to defend that decision.

The Hijacking rule is now in the guidelines as well as in the tournament forum info page.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
November 01, 2013 05:23PM
Yeah, I don't think there is anyone that will come to the defense of that loser.... Dillon that is...
November 04, 2013 11:05AM
sand2bass2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I don't think there is anyone that will come
> to the defense of that loser.... Dillon that is...

Very hypocritical in my opinion. You're very adament about having these people banned and then resort to name calling which is, to a certain extent, somewhat comparable to the behavior that is trying to be eliminated.
November 04, 2013 11:25AM
You are right ThomasD, and it won't happen again. That comment stems from being called much worse by him on this forum. Those kind of actions are not my usual character, he just brought out the worst in me.
November 04, 2013 11:38AM
sand2bass2 Those kind of actions are not
> my usual character,

Really??? Correct me if wrong .but I.ve read otherwise over the years. Jus sayn.

BMB
November 04, 2013 03:17PM
Sorry you feel that way Bhole. You are entitled to your opinion.
November 04, 2013 11:27PM
Nklpenny I didn't read anywhere on this thread that someone said "you hated Kernan"? Shouldn't put words in peoples mouth being a"BOD member" just saying!!!
November 05, 2013 10:47AM
Brad Wells Wrote:
one thing evident Nklpenny and Nyce
> Personnaly do not like Kernan!

Right there dude

November 05, 2013 11:45AM
It seems that there is a lot of tournament directors upset about this topic.....that's not good for SN.
November 05, 2013 12:42PM
One thing fo sho....he donates at half the turnys he enters.He told me last week he.s never playn the howler again.We.ll miss you buddy.mainly your wallet though.

BMB
November 05, 2013 12:44PM
Over 100 post already here.gotta mean something??

BMB
November 05, 2013 02:14PM
Exactly. I never used the word "hate"!
November 05, 2013 03:03PM
Just because someone donates money and may be beneficial to the organization, it does not give them freedom to do as they please. If either of them get so upset over this "ban" that they quit helping/running tournaments then good riddance.

There's only a handful of people left that post on here anyway, and the guys that were banned are partly responsible for that. I mean wow there was a record 19 users on January 14, 2013. Lots of action on here! Face it guys, very few people care about this "ban" or the "free bluff mcgee" movement.

What's the deal with the multiple personalities anyway? All I ever hear is how these guys are completely different in person. I think there's been a numerous smoke blowers on here that got called out and punked out. Don't be a keyboard cowboy!
November 05, 2013 03:40PM
Don't be a keystone cowboy!! That funny. He is not gonna quit running tournaments just not gonnna be SN sactioned!
November 05, 2013 03:49PM
Brad Wells Wrote:
> Don't be a keystone cowboy!! That funny. He is
> not gonna quit running tournaments just not gonnna
> be SN sactioned!

Must be close to quitting time! lol Keystone???? Didn't they have the bitter beer face commercials?
November 05, 2013 04:05PM
Lol.
November 05, 2013 07:09PM
Who will sanction his tournaments? I guess the PDGA if he isn't banned from their forum, AGAIN! Maybe if we make up to the self-procalmed great one, he will TD the 2015 SNAC. He would just get mad and back out, AGAIN.
November 06, 2013 08:04PM
Yea yea

BMB
November 11, 2013 01:47PM
He doesn't need sanctioning to draw over 100 players to his tournaments. The tournaments always speak from themselves.

Terry Zeringue
November 14, 2013 09:01AM
Zinger is correct.

Below is a response to this injustice by Mike. Like Mike and others, I think the excessive penalty imposed on him is not justified by the so-called evidence provided by the BOD. I think any penalty for breaking rules that did not exist (thread hijacking, calling people mean names in correspondence regarding tournament listings) is unjust.

Rob Williams
President, New Orleans Disc Golf Club

From Mr. Kernan:

"I have tried my best to leave the SN alone and let the current SN Board of Directors continue destroying the SN after they banned me from their forum. However the almost continuous stream of lies emanating from the SN Board is getting too much for even someone as humble as I (LOL) to tolerate without refuting.

It is a shame that the SN Board has steadfastly refused for almost a month now to list even one example of "thread hijacking" which they first said they banned me for, despite numerous requests from SN players. As we all know, thread hijacking was never defined in the forum guidelines prior to the SN's embarrassingly unprofessional action against me. That the SN Board took an action based on an imaginary rule shows the depths of depravity 3 members of the BoD have sunk. I remind everyone that the vote to ban me for more than one year with absolutely no warning and with no evidence presented to anyone of thread hijacking, passed by a slim majority of only one vote.

At the beginning of this charade, SN Board Member Jonathan Nyce listed the reason for my ban in his third-grade English as "The past indiscretions for the two players is way to vast to list them. If you have been using these forums for more than a few month's you should already have a good idea as to how many negative hijackings there was and could be, which was way more than there ever should have been." Doctor Suess himself couldn't have written a more comical and uninformative reason. So this pitiful grammar and reason is what passes for an official statement from this two-bit mockery of leadership? Is that professional to any of you? Those of you who say the SN should act more professionally, is that what you have in mind? Is this the leadership that is going to lead southern disc golf to the next level? Obviously not.

Later, after repeated posts by others interested in integrity and fair enforcement of the rules stating that the SN Board had punished me without a warning for a breaking a rule they had never posted, SN Board Member Ryan Niccolini stated in his also broken English, " We voted separately on each person Kernan being guilty of hijacking and of sending inflammatory statements in a tournament request, thus being his 2nd time being banned. " Can any of you make any sense of this ridiculous sentence? Again, does this represent the professional courtesy and demeanor that a member of a Board of Directors should display? Nyce had not mentioned an email in his previous "explanation" of why I was banned. Let's be honest, they are making it all up as they go, providing dubious evidence and trying to explain it in words that would make an average 4th-grader cringe at the pathetic unprofessional way in which the message was related to the players. I remain embarrassed for the entire SN that this passes for its "leadership."

When exactly were "inflammatory statements in a tournament request" listed as a violation of anything? Again, another imaginary rule invented by the unprofessional so-called leadership of the SN. Watch out, you could be disqualified from an SN tournament at any time for any imaginary rule that these directors dream up. Did you wear a blue shirt to an SN tournament? You just might get banned...and they won't even bother to warn you. That's where these fools will take the SN if they are allowed to continue their folly unchecked.

The lies of the Board continue to grow. After posting the allegedly "inflammatory email" that I sent the SN (that did not even have to be edited to be read in its entirety as not one curse word was written), Niccolini tried to twist the reason for my ban as "He named a TD, who in fact did not want to be the TD, and already voiced that." This was untrue and has been refuted by the person named as the TD (Joe Burback) at the time in that same thread (if that hasn't been deleted by the BoD to hide their lies).

Nyce also continues to lie. On Nov. 12 he posted, "Joe, we contacted you the day the email was received 10/15/13 to verify that you were indeed going to be the POG TD, since the request wasn't sent by you. Your response to us was that you did not want to be the TD. When you stated that you did not want to be the TD we understood that to mean that this request sent by Mike was a improper request, and the reason the tournament was not placed on the schedule." This is a lie. The tournament was on the schedule for the better part of a month. Nyce is again making things up as he goes along, just as he has always done,since the truth and the rules never mean much to him at all.

I would like to thank Rob for taking the time to post this message and allow me to point out what liars these members of the SN Board of Directors are. It is little wonder that in light of the completely unprofessional conduct by the SN recently, that NO Team voted to not sanction the biggest tournament in Louisiana with the SN. It is regrettable that many other clubs and TDs are making the same choice. Pretty soon the SN will be a shadow of its former self, just as any organization with liars for leaders is destined to decline.

- Mike Kernan"
November 14, 2013 09:46AM
Just to clear up a few skewed facts made in the previous statement.

1. NOteam has not voted to unsanction anything, we(bod) took the POG down(yes it was up for a couple weeks) for lack of a legit TD. NOteam elections are in a couple weeks so the voting hasn't even begun.

2. All tournament Hijackings were deleted, as they should have been, so therefore can not be presented. But the email was presented. All subsequent phone calls did happen and the facts presented by us are truthful.

November 14, 2013 10:06AM
I thought mike was suppose to be PoG TD anyway not joe.
Mostly because mike asked me if I would help him run it.
As for the thread hijacking, mike has always turned tourney threads into personal attacks against players
November 14, 2013 10:16AM
Also, when did noteam vote on not sanctioning the tournament?
November 14, 2013 11:02AM
Try using that logic in the courts.

We know he commited murder and we had the weapon but we destroyed all evidence but I assure you your honor that he did it and he is guilty. Trust me I'm a lawyer!

That is the most ignorant thing I've read on this topic yet.

Sounds just like this

We know he hijacked threads but we deleted them. We assure you that he did it. Trust us we are the SN Bod.

What a joke
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013