Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Free Bluff Magee

Posted by Warlord 
Re: Free Bluff Magee
November 14, 2013 11:24AM
your understanding of the topic is ignorant sir.

We deleted hijacking threads as they should have been deleted. We were not building a case against anyone, and therefore we were not collecting evidence. It was more along the lines of it came up in discussion that a few of us have had to delete several of his posts. which is what began the suspension discussion. If we had collected every post we deleted, then it would show that we maliciously intended to find reasons to ban him. Which is not the case. Sorry for your confusion

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
November 14, 2013 11:40AM
Yall let Mikey post .....I think his feelings are hurt.poor Mikey.

BMB
November 14, 2013 11:44AM
No ignorance here. There needs to be proof of rules broken to ban them. Without evidence then it looks to me that it is personal. Good luck with the new website.
November 14, 2013 11:46AM
Just a suggestion for the future...anytime a message on a thread needs to be deleted document it with a copy of the message before you delete it. This is the age of accountability and it is always best to cover your butt. Working in the public school system I see this every day. Again, not a criticism, just an observation.

I for one know that Mike has done a lot of good for disc golf and the SN. He has also had the tendency to call people out and personally attack some. Some of his callouts have been justified and other times he crosses the line.
November 14, 2013 12:19PM
Ryan and Phil:

The current BOD voted unanimously to sanction with the PDGA and not the SN.

Rob
November 14, 2013 12:48PM
Collecting or saving the posts to be deleted would have been a good way to demonstrate that we need a rule against tournament thread hijacking. Then you could have drafted the rule, figured out where it belonged in our rule structure then taken a vote to adopt it or not. Assuming it was adopted then you would insert it in our published rule structure and begin enforcing it. Warnings followed by posting suspensions for subsequent violations, along with the current practice of deletion, would have been components of a good rule. Good enforcement of the rule would include saving offending posts and documenting warnings.

If you are not willing to exercise your authority limited to a process of procedural fairness then you should not have that authority. Each and every one of us that did not run for the Bod can blame ourselves for that, but we are also asking the current Bod to stop acting like you have no duty of procedural fairness.

The tournament threads are supposed to be how SN TD's promote their events. We don't want them to be rendered useless by hijacking. We also don't want our TD's to be prohibited completely from posting on them. Right now the SN has a TD for a 12/28/2013 event who is prohibited from promoting his event on this site.

[www.sndg.org]

That is not good for the SN. All we are asking is that such a radical thing not occur without procedural fairness to the TD.
November 14, 2013 01:24PM
What is ignorant, Ryan and the SN BOD, is that at the time of the banishment for, Mike and Dillon, there WAS NO RULES in existence preventing what you so called banned him for... thread hijacking...much less any recognizable punishment for said crime posted anywhere or to anyone's knowledge.....but you guys made your own up and handed down an excessive punitive penalty anyway. It is beyond obvious that this is personal.
So please tell us again where the ignorance lies.

Wrong is still wrong and I feel the SN BOD has acted in a very malicious manner in respect to this matter.
Do not be surprised by SN losing more events.
Reinstate these 2 guys before its too late.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
November 14, 2013 01:28PM
You don't have to go too far back to find posts the mike made bashing TDs and players, the most recent ones were deleted but old ones are still there! It shows up as Anonymous user now since his name has been removed.

Shouldn't all of the team members been allowed to vote not just 3? And one of the 3 is the reason this is even an issue!
November 14, 2013 02:52PM
A Poster identified currently as "Anonymous user" may also be Dillon instead of Mike. It may be others as well beyond my knowledge.

It is reasonable to conclude that the alleged hijacking posts for which punishment was issued are the same as the ones that were deleted. Therefore, the ones that remain are not the ones punished for. It serves no purpose to dig those up because they were not the basis of any punishment. However, if someone wanted to prove such facts the way to do it would be with a link. The way to prove the ones that were deleted would be with a pre-deletion pdf. However, I can understand why that was not done, since there was/is no rule against the practice or punishment for any posting violation other than deletion and/or relocation.
November 14, 2013 03:26PM
I'd rather attend a non sanctioned tournament ran by a good td. Any Mobile, New Orleans, and any tournament ran by Jaques.

Terry Zeringue
November 14, 2013 03:30PM
Isn't the claim multiple infractions of thread hijacking? So yes old ones are relevant they just don't have time to delete miles 10,000+ posts
November 14, 2013 03:38PM
murrdah, was thread hijacking a rule infraction??

Terry Zeringue
November 14, 2013 04:03PM
Head are u a criminal attorney? Your very good!!
November 14, 2013 04:03PM
What we have been looking for is the evidence or even a statement of specific facts of the hijacking our top selling TD was punished for. So, if PMurrdah is saying Mike was punished for posts that were not deleted, then yes we would like to see those if the poster can also be identified by the evidence. Of course we already know the poster cannot be identified now, so the evidence against Mike, if any, is believed to be gone / destroyed.

Don't forget the bigger picture though, even if we had the evidence it could not possibly establish a hijacking rule violation (no such rule). So that is the point.

A SN TD with an upcoming event on our schedule cannot use our site for his event due to an unpublished and un-warned punishment for unproven facts supposedly evidencing violation of a non-existent rule. Why is this event even on our schedule if its TD is banned from promoting it?

[www.sndg.org]
November 14, 2013 07:32PM
This whole thing make everyone posting and involved look like donkies.....this series is for fun. Not 1 person can make a living on playing disc golf.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
November 14, 2013 08:19PM
^ donkey!
What all of this does is confirm what a joke the SN is.
It seemed for the past 8 to 10 years or so that things were promising and the SN would be great.
Now it's all been ruined in a matter of months.
And like Mike said in Rob's post, poor grammar and 4th grade(at best) sentence structure doesn't make the BOD look professional at all.
Banning people for things they did without having any evidence to prove so is just moronic.
What a shame....and a sham.
November 14, 2013 10:26PM
Constantly revisiting 1 move we made to better the experience our players get on the forum is what is holding this series back. It is an inconsequential matter that is technically done and over with. The bigger issues we have tackled like moving to calendar year, moving usdgc to memorial weekend, getting new bag tags, shirts, and towels. Creating a new website that is capable of generating money, and will streamline things for td's. These are the real issues that matter and we have either completed or are close to completing each if these things.

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
November 14, 2013 10:55PM
You mean constantly revisiting the errors in judgement of our governing body?
Judgements based on what they feel was detrimental even though there isn't any rule or guideline in the SN rules?
But we got some sweet new towels and a website that wasn't broken to begin with!
AND we helped the USDGC guys by giving them 6 more months to enter a few guys names because they qualified at our championships.
AND we moved the SN "year" to the calendar year.
You are right, those ARE the bigger issues.
Unethical and rogue BOD members is a small problem.
Smh
November 15, 2013 01:43AM
SuperSheaps Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean constantly revisiting the errors in
> judgement of our governing body?
> Judgements based on what they feel was detrimental
> even though there isn't any rule or guideline in
> the SN rules?
> But we got some sweet new towels and a website
> that wasn't broken to begin with!
> AND we helped the USDGC guys by giving them 6 more
> months to enter a few guys names because they
> qualified at our championships.
> AND we moved the SN "year" to the calendar year.
> You are right, those ARE the bigger issues.
> Unethical and rogue BOD members is a small
> problem.
> Smh

When You spend half of every meeting dealing with forum drama, something is wrong. Now most of the drama starters are gone, and things are getting done. SN change to calendar year is a big issue, it has been argued about for years and now it's finally solved. Towels... Sure that's great I guess but I think it will flop like bagtags, so few people are willing to support the SN.

Website, If you thought the website was fine then You have not paid any attention to the forums in the last year. Brian Moon has full control of the site and it is set up so nobody else can change several of the settings on the site. Click tournament results if You don't believe Me, You will notice it shows events from 2 seasons ago and nobody can fix it. Soon Brian will forget about the payment again the site will go down permanently because nobody can seem to get in contact with him. I seriously doubt the series could survive a month without a website.
November 15, 2013 01:44AM
PMurrdah Wrote:

>
> Shouldn't all of the team members been allowed to
> vote not just 3? And one of the 3 is the reason
> this is even an issue!

bump
November 15, 2013 06:17AM
Tupelo is running a non sanctioned Ice Bowl in Febuary . Then we are running an SN event in March . Then we are running a B tier PDGA in June. And will most likely go with PDGA from that point forward.
November 15, 2013 07:40AM
The largest issue with the SNDG is that no one is responsible. No one is accountable. Even those presently "responsible" are pretty much "volunteers" because there was no slate of nominee's to vote upon. No selection ... nada .... zippo .....zilch! Have officer nominees ever stated their goals for the future of the organization? Their plan to strengthen the SN community? Hardly a way to build an organization ... to take whatever is available!!

It's been that way for several years now ... some tried to make a difference but lack of overall support and no true plan .... most have faded into oblivion with little results. Just revolving doors few have wanted to enter lately. Who can blame them? I am not slamming the present board ... just the process and the lethargic state of the organization.

Without a good selection of nominees with advertised qualifications of character, values, goals, etc the SNDG has got exactly what was available without regard to leadership qualifications or leadership ability.

Also, if Brian controls the present site, he also controls the domain name. Has the board discussed this issue? Maybe there should be an easypoll to come up with a new SN url .... or will that be dictated to us as well? Communication is the key to involving the membership ... hint, hint!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 07:50AM by rockindiscgolf.
November 15, 2013 08:21AM
"Constantly revisiting 1 move we made to better the experience our players get on the forum is what is holding this series back. It is an inconsequential matter that is technically done and over with."

INCONSEQUENTIAL..??? really Ryan... setting this precedence is just opening the door for more SN BOD shenanigans and hidden agendas.
Perhaps a little analogy for poor Ryan to help see the light with the BOD's decision to ban Mike and Dillon.

What you guys, SN BOD, have done is basically state that no one can mow their lawns on Tuesday anymore. (because it wakes Ryan and the SN BOD up.) SO Ryan and the SN BOD get together and make a new rule that no one can mow lawns on Tuesday anymore starting TODAY.
Oh yeah because Mike and Dillon mowed their lawn LAST Tuesday and the Tuesday before that... Which by chance was BEFORE the new rule took effect they are now banned from ever mowing again. or until they say uncle or until enough of US stand up to the SN BOD and try to get them to see the err in their ways.

Its not so much the creation of NEW rules and Guidelines. But there are also NO established penalties tied to anything...much less making the punitive action retroactive to things done in the past prior to the new rules and guidelines. Warnings should have been sent to the entire SN community that the past forum games would no longer be tolerated under the new SN BOD. From that point forward is where the eyes and attention should be focused not looking in the rear view mirror...and not because it fits YOUR hidden agenda.

Somehow I feel the SN is more fractured and divided then ever before.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
November 15, 2013 08:23AM
> When You spend half of every meeting dealing with
> forum drama, something is wrong. Now most of the
> drama starters are gone, and things are getting
> done. SN change to calendar year is a big issue,
> it has been argued about for years and now it's
> finally solved. Towels... Sure that's great I
> guess but I think it will flop like bagtags, so
> few people are willing to support the SN.

Last I checked, NO ONE requires a website as standard equipment to play disc golf.
A disc and a basket is all it takes.
And if the BOD spends half of its time at meetings dealing with forum drama then the BOD needs to learn how to better use it's time.
You seriously doubt the series would survive more than a month without the website??
Seriously?? C'mon man!!
It survived for numerous years without A website.
WOW.
This is the future people.
November 15, 2013 11:09AM
When I had admin rights on the forum, I would delete obvious spam. That's about the only thing that should have been deleted. There is a section called Admin Notes in the Private Forums. This section is a place to move things without deleting them. If there were ever any posts that were derogatory and needed to be moved, Admin Notes was the place to put them.

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
November 15, 2013 04:34PM
All because a total f'in tool got banned from a message board. What a joke
November 16, 2013 08:56AM
All because of personal attacks and failure to use rules.
November 16, 2013 10:17AM
ThomasD Wrote:
> All because a total f'in tool got banned from a
> message board. What a joke

Well said, tool box.
I hope you get a warning message from DJ BOD about cursing.
I got one for saying hit with a $ in front.
LAME....
November 18, 2013 08:43AM
Don't cave in to idle threats BOD! Stick to your guns Gentleman...

A couple of tournies not being sanctioned is not going to cripple OUR series. We have plenty of courses/towns willing to keep OUR series going.

I still say great job on banning those two cancers!!!
November 18, 2013 08:49AM
In retrospect I probably shouldn't have resorted to name calling, after all I don't know the guy personally. However, he's done a pretty good job over the years of being rather offensive to many people on this board, so that's really all I have to go on.

What's irritates me is seeing that people are "boycotting" SN for something so irrelevant. This forum isn't the heart of this organization, it's the people, and when you go to a tournament that's the SN in action. This website and forum is just a side show, nothing to get so upset over.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013