Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GO VOLS!

Posted by ThomasD 
GO VOLS!
October 23, 2013 08:27AM
I know there's a lot of bammers lurking, and while chances of UT winning in Tuscaloosa are probably 1 in 20, they play the game for a reason. I really think the Vols are on the move and it won't be long before this game is relevant again.

GO VOLS! SHOCK THE SOUTH!
Re: GO VOLS!
October 23, 2013 01:46PM
You couldn't post this in my ghost town NCAA thread? .

Pig and North are future stars, and Neal is better than I thought he'd be at this point, but the Tide running game and defense are too much for them, and Worley just doesn't have the experience yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2013 07:41PM by Johnathan Nyce.
October 23, 2013 02:40PM
Sorry, it must have been pretty far down the page prior to today.

I agree with your post. I really just hope they can win 2 of the last 5, which may prove tough with Missouri, Auburn, and Vandy surpassing preseason expectations. Vols need a bowl game bad, if only for the extra practice.
October 23, 2013 08:42PM
No it wasn't, but the enthusiasm just isn't there anymore. It's all good.

UT and AU have really improved this year, and both have the young talent to be a lot better in the future. However, with two more teams in the league, the talent is diluted and recruiting the area is tougher. The defenses especially are all weakened by it. I see softer non-conference schedules in the future. Otherwise, it will be Ohio State and Oregon in the title game every year. At least we have the playoff coming.

None of this will make Les Miles any smarter, though.
October 24, 2013 01:36PM
Thomas..
Are u a gambling man. If so.how much?? RMFT!

BMB
October 24, 2013 02:23PM
I don't bet on sports (I'll do a friendly 5 every now and then), but if I did I would take UT plus 28 in a heartbeat.
October 25, 2013 09:15AM
I think the line is way to high for a rival game.

Bama- 31
vols- 13

Roll Tide Roll!!!
October 26, 2013 11:15AM
SC +3 against Missouri is the one I'm banking on. I was the first to point out that Maty Mauck was a great player and that losing Franklin wasn't the huge blow people seemed to think it was, but he's not going to know what to do with Clowney. Mike Davis will rush for about 160 and Byrd will beat them deep all day.
October 26, 2013 05:11PM
Shaw being out is a problem. Forgot that, but I still think SC wins. Thompson has more experience than Mauck does, and he won't have a future #1 draft pick chasing him around all day.
October 27, 2013 12:54PM
Well, they tried really hard to make a liar outta me. Wow, Thompson sucks, and Butterfingers Davis didn't help either, but the cream still rose to the top. That should have been a three TD victory, but SC plus 3 still wins the day.
October 27, 2013 07:48PM
Well that was ugly. Bright spot is that the true fr Dobbs looked pretty good considering and looks suited for Butch's O. I'm ready to have a qb that can move again. Since T Martin we've had Clausen (not a dis to the Iceman, he was a road game legend), Ainge, and Bray, all of whom run like they got skis on.
October 27, 2013 08:50PM
Bray was a fantasy football superstar, but yeah, I'm sure Patterson, etc. had a lot to do with it. Worley is otherworldly bad, on levels that math geniuses struggle to comprehend. So bad that I @#$%& myself while watching the game this week, but didn't think to clean up, just because of how awful he is.

I wish you the very best of luck.
October 27, 2013 09:15PM
Good luck with your pants
November 25, 2013 01:39PM
My annual "Wait till next year" time of year, only I really don't see next year being any better. It sucks to be a Tennessee Vol!
November 25, 2013 02:37PM
All I know is that we whooped Johnny Football this year. Everything else has been a disappointment.
November 25, 2013 05:47PM
UT does have the second rated recruiting class. "Wait till next year", should be a step in the right direction. The best thing that happened this year was that Lane Kiffin got exactly what he deserved!
November 25, 2013 06:06PM
Yeah the Lane Train def jumped track in a hurry, which was good to see. And its always good to see the gators suffering their worst season since 1979 or something. To think I actually wanted to see muschamp in orange after kiffin left .

Good recruiting class Mac, but losing a lot of seniors and the entire starting o-line.
November 26, 2013 03:59PM
Yeah lot of us wanted Muschamp too. What a disaster, but yeah, UT looks to be a lot better next year. The WR core will be especially good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013