Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Things for girlfriend to do at tournaments
January 02, 2014 09:01AM
I am playing my FIRST tournament at the 15th annual Lafayette Mid Winter Open which is about a hour drive. My girlfriend who doesn't have very much interest in disc golf :( is thinking about coming. But is there anything for her to do there.
Re: Things for girlfriend to do at tournaments
January 02, 2014 10:40AM
There is a very nice mall in lafayette

Central Louisiana Disc Golf Association President
Ryan Niccolini PDGA#55907
January 02, 2014 01:07PM
Lafayette has lots of shops, art galleries, restaurants, bars, pool halls,and cultural centers. Vermillionville Acadian cultural center / museum is 2 minutes away from the park. Not sure what your GF is into but there are a lot of things to do in Lafayette. Are she could always do the most popular thing for the non disc golfing girl friends do, and bring a good book to read while you play.
January 02, 2014 06:30PM
I don't know. Is she hot?
January 03, 2014 01:16AM
@ twhit28 - glad to see a new player coming to town for one of our tournaments. There are lots of things to do in Lafayette as others have mentioned. It is hard to recommend things to do around town to a total stranger because I have no idea what types of activities would interest them.

At the tournament, we will be serving lunch and she is surely welcome to stick around for that. Also, I guarantee we will have at least one group of women golfers and she is welcome to mingle in with them. They are a lot of fun to play a round with when they all get together.
January 03, 2014 01:59AM
Forgot to mention - keep in mind this is the mid WINTER open so consider the weather when making your plans. It was freezing cold last year and Pa Davis doesn't have anywhere to hide out and stay warm.
January 07, 2014 11:57AM
Get her to start playing...simple solution!

Sara K. Senkbeil
sks16@students.uwf.edu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013